Led Zeppelin in movies.

Xavi

• 5 years later...

I find that most Zeppelin music used in movies is not the right or best fit for the Zeppelin song used. It's a matter of taste, I know. And I like Zeppelin songs, of course. But, I am also critical if a certain piece of music makes an impact or doesn't considering the scene. When you look at the monster rockers used, and then the, for Zeppelin, the "commercial" Immigrant Song...it just seems to short the band. It's use was cheesy, but I get that's what you get with Jack Black. I would have preferred Heartbreaker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_of_Rock#Songs_featured_in_the_film

There was another thread on a similar topic, but the mini-series "Sharp Objects" used 4 Zep songs throughout, including at the end. Excellent usage; the music totally worked with the mood of the show. I Can't Quit You Baby, What Is and What Should Never Be, Thank You and In the Evening (that ending, WOW!!!). Mindhunter also used In the Light very well in the final episode of season 1. 

On 1/7/2020 at 4:35 PM, Stryder1978 said:

I HATE the comic book movies, but the use of "Immigrant Song" in "Thor: Ragnarok" gave me chills.

I felt is was very effective as well but I would rather have heard the BBC version and then Thor could kick ass while the guitar solo that should have been on the album creates a whole new group of Zeppelin fans.  I love that solo because it's measured with just the right amount of tension and frenzy mixed together.

• 6 months later...

What kills me they've made films about the beattles the doors ,Qween , point being why has nobody made a movie about Zeppelin , there is nobody in the history of music period more interesting than Zeppelin I mean even the peaple around them were inteteresting. Maybe someday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...