Benghazi

TypeO

the republicans lost and they are still crying with this

▲▲ Most idiotic statement of the thread. ▲▲

When you have no real answers, you blame it on being sore losers.

4 Americans were killed and the Obama administration told a response team to stand down.

He literally left them there to die.

My problem with the Republicans is that they have tried to cut President Obama off at the knees since his first inauguration for no other reason that he was a Democrat. They were very upfront about it: "Our goal is to make Obama a one-term president." As a result, I assume that everything they do and say is motivated solely by partisan politics. I think the Republicans are trying to use Benghazi against President Obama just as they used White Water against former President Clinton.

I also believe that a certain segment of Republicans have a visceral dislike and mistrust of President Obama just as they had a visceral dislike and mistrust of Bill Clinton. However, the reasons for their dislike differ. With Obama it's all about racism. They simply can't deal with the fact that a black man is President of the United States of America. They dislike the Clinton because he represents everything they disliked about the 1960s; i.e. the social change and protests.

My problem with the Republicans is that they have tried to cut President Obama off at the knees since his first inauguration for no other reason that he was a Democrat. They were very upfront about it: "Our goal is to make Obama a one-term president." As a result, I assume that everything they do and say is motivated solely by partisan politics. I think the Republicans are trying to use Benghazi against President Obama just as they used White Water against former President Clinton.

I also believe that a certain segment of Republicans have a visceral dislike and mistrust of President Obama just as they had a visceral dislike and mistrust of Bill Clinton. However, the reasons for their dislike differ. With Obama it's all about racism. They simply can't deal with the fact that a black man is President of the United States of America. They dislike the Clinton because he represents everything they disliked about the 1960s; i.e. the social change and protests.

On the subject of Benghazi I don't think it should matter whether one is republican or democrat. It should only matter that they are Americans. Because that is only what mattered to the terrorist M'Fers that killed four Americans. The sooner liberal fanboys and conservative fanboys come to terms with that the better instead of pointing fingers at Reagan, Clinton and Bush anytime the current admin screws the pooch.

Then what was 'intended'?

Pointing out racism where I see it. I know many people would like to believe that racism no longer exists in America, but it still rears its ugly head from time to time. How could it not? African-Americans were regarded as second class citizens until the 1960's. You can't expect those attitudes to totally die out in less than 50 years. President Obama could end the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, solve global warming and retire America's foreign debt but some Americans would still disapprove of him because he's black. It's often not as overt as calling him the N word. Instead it's a matter of not cutting him as much slack as they would cut a white president in similar circumstances.

President Obama could end the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, solve global warming and retire America's foreign debt but some Americans would still disapprove of him because he's black. It's often not as overt as calling him the N word. Instead it's a matter of not cutting him as much slack as they would cut a white president in similar circumstances.

When is going to do all this?Oh,he can't and that has NOTHING to do with his skin color.He is half white if you recall,...

Egad,you are a fool.

Pointing out racism where I see it. I know many people would like to believe that racism no longer exists in America, but it still rears its ugly head from time to time. How could it not? African-Americans were regarded as second class citizens until the 1960's. You can't expect those attitudes to totally die out in less than 50 years. President Obama could end the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, solve global warming and retire America's foreign debt but some Americans would still disapprove of him because he's black. It's often not as overt as calling him the N word. Instead it's a matter of not cutting him as much slack as they would cut a white president in similar circumstances.

So does this mean black and/or white men are sexist/chauvinistic if they question Hillary Clinton's actions regarding Benghazi?

When is going to do all this?Oh,he can't and that has NOTHING to do with his skin color.He is half white if you recall,...

Egad,you are a fool.

I'm the fool? At least I recognize hyperbole when I read it. My point was that even if Obama was the best president in American history (I'm not saying that he is) many of his political opponents still wouldn't like him because he is black. It's that simple. I know that he is biracial, but do you really think this matters to people who dislike him because he's black? Of course, it doesn't.

Of course Democrats never had a "visceral dislike" of George W. Bush, George H. Bush, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon....

Speaking only for myself, I didn't develop a dislike of the first President Bush until the Willie Horton ads. I didn't agree with his politics but I respected him for his accomplishments and his many years of public service. Richard Nixon just makes me sad. He was a smart and capable man from a humble background who pulled himself up by his bootstraps. His inferiority complex and paranoia got the better of him and led to to his downfall. He was his own worse enemy. Ronald Reagan, for all that he was popular, was a very bad president in my opinion. Bad because his administration championed economic and labor policies that hurt working class Americans. Also bad because he downplayed things that have come back to haunt us; our dependence on foreign oil; decaying infrastructure, etc. I think historians who examine his presidency 50 years from now will agree with me. But at least, Reagan wasn't mean-spirited like Dubya.

I DID dislike Dubya on a visceral level long before he became president. Remember that woman who was on death row while he was governor of Texas? Remember how he mimicked her when she pleaded for her life? There he was a middle-aged politician acting like a 20 year old frat boy. That was a huge turn off for me. Capital punishment is a serious issue. It's not something to joke about regardless of whether you're for it or against it. Dubya had the power to spare that woman's life and he made sport of her. That told me a lot about his character; none of it good.

Betty Lou Beets was married 5 times. She was convicted of murdering her last husband; she had attempted killing two other previous husbands, one by shooting, and the other she tried to run over with a car. During the murder investigation of her last husband the bullet riddled remains of yet another ex-husband were found buried in her backyard. She was not convicted of that husband's death.

Betty Lou Beets claimed she was abused by all of these men, but could provide no proof of that at her trial. She blamed the murder of her last husband on her children. The media dubbed Betty Lou Beets as "the black widow". Betty Lou Beets begged Gov. George W. Bush to commute her sentence, he correctly refused.

Poor Betty Lou Beets :(

DAYUMMMMM,

smokey.jpg

I'm referring to Karla Fay Tucker. And my problem with Bush wasn't that he refused to commute her sentence. My problem was that he mocked her.

Betty Lou Beets was married 5 times. She was convicted of murdering her last husband; she had attempted killing two other previous husbands, one by shooting, and the other she tried to run over with a car. During the murder investigation of her last husband the bullet riddled remains of yet another ex-husband were found buried in her backyard. She was not convicted of that husband's death.

Betty Lou Beets claimed she was abused by all of these men, but could provide no proof of that at her trial. She blamed the murder of her last husband on her children. The media dubbed Betty Lou Beets as "the black widow". Betty Lou Beets begged Gov. George W. Bush to commute her sentence, he correctly refused.

Poor Betty Lou Beets :(

Oh the other female murderer excecuted for murder inTexas. The one who along with her boyfriend Danny Garrett beat their victim Jerry Dean to death during a robbery of his home with a hammer and a pick-axe. Dean was beaten so badly that his head was nearly detatched from his neck. Karla Fay Tucker later plead guilty to her brutal crime, and was sentenced to death. Although Tucker later "got religion" in prison and "turned her life around"--- although it was a little too late for her victim poor victim Danny Garret.

Oh I'm sorry, did I say victim? I'm sorry, I should have said victims. I forgot to mention Deborah Horton, a friend of Dean's who was hiding under the bed as her friend was being bludgeoned and hacked to death by Karla Fay Tucker and her psycho boyfriend. Poor Deborah was discoverd hiding under the bed by Karla Fay Tucker herself as her accomplice boyfriend was loading motorcycle parts stolen by the victim into his truck. As poor Deborah struggled with Karla for her life, Karla was able to over power her and then struck Deborah repeatedly with the pick axe, finally leaving it embedded in Deborah's heart. Karla Fay later bragged to her friends about having "intense orgasms with each blow of the pick axe" as her victim was screaming in pain. The murder scene was described by veteran investigators as every bit as horrific as photos of the Manson family murders.

Yeah, that Karla Fay Tucker, sorry for the confusion about the murderers Disco.

So really, you were upset because George Bush sneered at the suggestion that this woman should get a commuted sentence for her crimes? If Bush hadn't sneered or mocked the woman would her victims have been any less brutally murdered?

Poor Karla Fay Tucker :(

Realizing that this is far off of the topic, but I wonder where your same "visceral reaction" is to our current President and the way he mislead the American people and the world about Bengahzi?

Do try to keep up Killing Floor. The issue here isn't whether or not Tucker deserved her sentence. The issue was Bush's behavior when publicly discussing a very serious matter in his role of governor of Texas. It was an example of what shrinks refer to as "inappropriate affect". As for Benghazi, I'll wait until the investigation is over before I reach any conclusions. I've explained in previous posts why I disliked Reagan and Dubya. Now, it's your turn. What is it about President Obama that gets under your skin? I get the impression that even before Benghazi he wasn't your favorite president.

I am keeping up Disco, I just don't share your sensitivity for a woman who hacked two people to death and then bragged about it. If George Bush mocked this horror of a human being, I don't care. It sounds like a normal reaction any of us should have.

With Obama it's not a matter of him getting under my skin as much as him wanting to put his dirty hands inside my wallet. But it also doesn't help that he is the worst liar to be president in my lifetime.

Just a few of his lies:

closing GITMO is a priority

"You didn't build that"

decreasing the deficit by 4 trillion dollars

strongly in favor of traditional marriage (flipped on this only AFTER the 2nd election)

healthcare plan will not increase the deficit one dime

no earmarks in the stimulus package

"I will have the most transparent administration in history" (just look at this benghazi deal to see that isn't true)

The list could go on for days. But how ever long it is, it is still much longer than George Bush's list, which is pretty long too.

And how much more evidence to you need before you conclude that the Obama administration lied about Benghazi? Obama went before the United Nations and apologized for the youtube video that he claimed caused the attack in Lybia, even as there were dozens of emails within his administration discussing the involvement of the terrorists before he made that statement. Face it, he lied about it because he didn't want to lose one vote before the election.

Why do you defend that?

You forget when he looked Romney in the eye and said the sequester was "a Republican idea". Demonstrably false. And how about all the lies about the effects of the sequester? He's a stunningly comfortable liar.

"There's no there there," Obama said. The president, further, reiterated prior arguments that he called the attack terrorism from the start, dismissing claims that the administration intentionally downplayed that element.

Thanks Barry!

Archived