Over Now

I agree. "Over Now" is a Great Song. My favorite from Page/Coverdale. I read somewhere that the lyrics for this song were inspired by David Coverdale's real life marriage to Tawny Kitaen (you know the very pretty redhead in "Bachelor Party" and the Whitesnake videos). Apparently She was very vain and popped alot of pills.

Anyway, Great Fucking Song!!!

http://youtu.be/s-KrgEiXL5c

You said you'd give me love, instead you caused me pain

You made me curse an' slam the door, an' hang my head in shame

But it's over now, it's over now

You talked to me of virtue, an' sang a song so sweet

But all I know is I could smell the perfume of deceit

An' it's over now, it's over now

You told me of your innocence, an' I believed it all

But your best friend is your vanity, an' the mirror on the wall

It's over now

I turned away from what I heard, an' everything I saw

But now I see the light of day, I release the dog of war

So whatcha gonna do when the truth pays you a call

How you gonna feel, when you finally lose it all

How you gonna look, standing up against the wall

Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna say, when you feel the hammer fall

I'm gonna see you crawl

You took your pills an' washed them down, an' then you talked for hours

I tried to build a garden, but you trampled all the flowers

An' it's over now

Wanting this, needing that, always after more

Now that it's all over, I release the dog of war, I release the dog of war

So whatcha gonna do when the truth pays you a call

How you gonna look, standing up against the wall

Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna say, when you feel the hammer fall

Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna say, standing up against the wall

So whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna say, when you feel the hammer fall

So whatcha gonna do

I agree. "Over Now" is a Great Song. My favorite from Page/Coverdale. I read somewhere that the lyrics for this song were inspired by David Coverdale's real life marriage to Tawny Kitaen (you know the very pretty redhead in "Bachelor Party" and the Whitesnake videos). Apparently She was very vain and popped alot of pills.

Anyway, Great Fucking Song!!!

The lady did not exactly age well either. Didn't she marry a major league ball player???

• 3 weeks later...

I totally agree..........

The album is uneven at times, but Page plays really well. Some of it seems like Whitesnake recycled material such as "Take Me For A Little While" "Waiting on You" and "Take A Look At Yourself." Some of it I really enjoyed such as "Pride and Joy," "Don't Leave Me This Way," (classic Page solo, ala SIBLY etc.), "Over Now," "Easy Does It" and the intro to "Absolution Blues." Could have been better with a more reputable collaborator, but still not bad. Just was let down a bit. But then again, when working with David Coverdale, you can't expect a Physical Graffiti to be the end result.

There is a double cd of the 1993 rehearsals out there, very good quality.

Love this band.

CD1

Absolution Blues

Slide It In

Rock And Roll

Over Now

Kashmir

Pride And Joy

Take A Look At Yourself

Take Me For A Little While

In My Time Of Dying

CD2

Here I Go Again

Don't Leave Me This Way

Feelin' Hot

Still Of The Night

Whisper A Prayer

Black Dog

Shake My Tree

• 2 weeks later...
A welcome departure from the "lick my love pump" style he is known for!

@LedZebedee- yes !!! that is the feeling I have had forever about DC, just couldn't find the words

it was this "love pump" style that encouraged me to avoid his work- however, at the behest of posts by Knebby and Charles I am slowly allowing myself to give it another shot

Dallas Knebs,

May I suggest not only the Coverdale/Page collaboration, but also Deep Purple's "Burn". Incredible vocals on that one and quality lyrics - not to mention Blackmore's guitar riffs!

Check out his solo album Northwinds released in 1978 - the variety of musical and lyrical styles is amazing and he does'nt mention his willy once!

• 3 weeks later...

The album is uneven at times, but Page plays really well. Some of it seems like Whitesnake recycled material such as "Take Me For A Little While" "Waiting on You" and "Take A Look At Yourself." Some of it I really enjoyed such as "Pride and Joy," "Don't Leave Me This Way," (classic Page solo, ala SIBLY etc.), "Over Now," "Easy Does It" and the intro to "Absolution Blues." Could have been better with a more reputable collaborator, but still not bad. Just was let down a bit. But then again, when working with David Coverdale, you can't expect a Physical Graffiti to be the end result.

What I find funny about these comments is that - and I state this w/ a vast knowledge of the C/P union and many interviews w/ each in various magazines - but Take Me For A Little While was written by Jimmy as he watched his then young son {4???} playing. Pride & Joy and Don't Leave Me This Way were both written by David... P&J the intro was all David, the heavy riff was Jimmy and Don't Leave Me was a song David had in the vault.

So some of what you call "{recycled Whitesnake}" was actually original Page and the stuff you really enjoyed was either written by - or at least started by - David Coverdale.

Bit of irony there, eh? :yesnod:

Archived