Got the Celebration Day double DVD!

Ed A

I was fortunate enough to get an early press release double dvd/cd box set and flew home to throw it in.... Having been to the actual show and the movie and having listened to an early press release cd the last few days, the first thing I wanted to check out was Shepperton.... HOLY SHIT Jimmy's solo in Since is one for the ages!... In my opinion it smokes the one from the actual night... I would put this one up there with any he's ever done especially the latter half of the solo... he just finds that groove and phrasing that combined with the band makes you say thank God for Jimmy Page!.... I did not have time to watch a lot of Shepperton. I thought his No Quarter solo was great although not necessarily any better than the O2 which was great as well..... His Dazed solo was probably better at the O2 but of course there was no trainwreck at Shepperton... For the life of me I cant understand why they didnt take the audio from Shepperton and strip it into the O2 for that one section... With some creative video editing I think they could have pulled it off and made for an explosive climax coming out of the solo... Before I continued Shepperton stuff I had to throw in the O2 DVD and crank the shit out of Kashmir through my giant old school Cerwin Vega speakers, much louder than the movie theater... My God, that is the killer version of all versions.... Those who think Zep couldnt do it anymore, that is the first thing I would force them to watch!...

I was fortunate enough to get an early press release double dvd/cd box set and flew home to throw it in.... Having been to the actual show and the movie and having listened to an early press release cd the last few days, the first thing I wanted to check out was Shepperton.... HOLY SHIT Jimmy's solo in Since is one for the ages!... In my opinion it smokes the one from the actual night... I would put this one up there with any he's ever done especially the latter half of the solo... he just finds that groove and phrasing that combined with the band makes you say thank God for Jimmy Page!.... I did not have time to watch a lot of Shepperton. I thought his No Quarter solo was great although not necessarily any better than the O2 which was great as well..... His Dazed solo was probably better at the O2 but of course there was no trainwreck at Shepperton... For the life of me I cant understand why they didnt take the audio from Shepperton and strip it into the O2 for that one section... With some creative video editing I think they could have pulled it off and made for an explosive climax coming out of the solo... Before I continued Shepperton stuff I had to throw in the O2 DVD and crank the shit out of Kashmir through my giant old school Cerwin Vega speakers, much louder than the movie theater... My God, that is the killer version of all versions.... Those who think Zep couldnt do it anymore, that is the first thing I would force them to watch!... All in all for me Jimmys solo on the Since rehearsal is worth the price of admission alone, looking forward to checking out more of it!

very cool! it's tough waiting...but thanks for the review

million dollar question: is the shepperton footage from the same day as the audio that leaked of a full dress rehearsal from last year? The dead giveaway should be going to stairway and seeing if robert comes in at the right time for "and as we wind on down the road" that whole bit. Would be super cool if the shepperton footage is from another day then that, that would give us three whole complete "shows" from this little reunion era. LUCKY YOU for getting it early.

million dollar question: is the shepperton footage from the same day as the audio that leaked of a full dress rehearsal from last year? The dead giveaway should be going to stairway and seeing if robert comes in at the right time for "and as we wind on down the road" that whole bit. Would be super cool if the shepperton footage is from another day then that, that would give us three whole complete "shows" from this little reunion era. LUCKY YOU for getting it early.

Well its been so long since I listened to the leaked show that I didnt think to compare it... My bad, its the same... at least Since is, I just gave a quick listen to that.... so for those that have Shepperton there is nothing surprising here.... Guess because I had it cranked through the roof in the living room it seemed like a first time listen!

Could you post a still from the rehearsal DVD? I'd love to know what it looks like. Dick said it was basically just one camera I believe.

I can do that in the morning, but the video is nothing to write home about... Single camera, dead center VERY far away from the band and not sharp at all.

I always felt that "Since..." from Shepperton was as close to the original Zeppelin as I have heard since Bonzo passed. Amazing version for sure! Can't wait to watch the rehearsal show next week!!! Oh yeah and the movie, again, too! ;)

Lucky you Ed A!

:peace:

Could you post a still from the rehearsal DVD? I'd love to know what it looks like. Dick said it was basically just one camera I believe.

ZepRex has posted a still from the rehearsal footage as well as photos of the packaging over in the News section.

Archived