Myles Kennedy - 1986 Bath reunion

weslgarlic

In Mojo magazine J.P.Jones stated that along with Page & Jason ,they had recorded new material with Myles Kennedy around 2009

I would love to hear these songs this along with the 1986 Bath sessions of Plant . Page , Jones and the late live-aid/chic drummer Tony Thompson

along with Plants post b.o.j pre-zep audition tape I don't either have surfaced

Are you sure? I don't think any of them have claimed they recorded new material with Myles Kennedy.

The January 1986 sessions at Corsham Studios only lasted ten days. Tony was injured in a vehicle accident after the second day, so they had to carry on without him. No recordings are in circulation.

IIRC Jonesy said he was in possession of said 86 Bath rehearsals on a cassette.

Are you sure? I don't think any of them have claimed they recorded new material with Myles Kennedy.

The January 1986 sessions at Corsham Studios only lasted ten days. Tony was injured in a vehicle accident after the second day, so they had to carry on without him. No recordings are in circulation.

Jones in Mojo says (while he was pefectly happy with) that it was page that was n't keen on continuing with Myles Kennedy on vocals.he sang the old zep stuff and new stuff

The bath sessions plant says that the drummer got injured , jones tinked on keyboards , page played soring guitar and he plotted away on bass , Talking Heads meets Husker Du he described it has

Guitarist Jimmy Page said that the legendary rockers are planning to release the re-worked albums next year.

He also revealed that he is working on new tracks with the band that fans will get to hear in a series of box set releases, the first of which is scheduled for a 2013 release.

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/916803-jimmy-page-teases-new-led-zeppelin-projects-for-2013

Perhaps this is what Page was talking about?

Don't much care for Miles Kennedy. He's good in Slash's band as the Axle Rose replacement, and even then I find him annoying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's over & thank goodness Myles Kennedy is no longer anywhere near any of them. It would have been a disaster of epic proportions & I'm speaking strictly as a new band. Does anyone really want to see Page or Jones with a bland 10th generation screeching singer? That's what Black Country Communion are for & Glenn Hughes at least is a bland 4th generation screeching singer.

• 1 year later...

Reviving this one.........do we know how much Page and Jones actually contributed to "Save Me" by BCC? That's the one Jason said was worked on as part of the page, jones, bonham sessions right?

Myles Kennedy could have done the Zep stuff right, think that honestly Page wasn't confident enough in the new material to carry things and couldn't come up with a good way to balance things. You know Page undoubtedly wanted to go out and play Stairway, Whole Lotta Love, Achilles Last Stand, all those songs that he loves on tour one more time and couldn't find a way to balance it with that lineup of people with new material without it all just coming off as Led Zeppelin. I mean I guess the only ideal way would be to outright say that they're doing all new material with some zeppeling sprinkled in at the end in the encore. That way, the spotlight is on the new material and then the payoff comes at the end, but even then there'd likely be issues.

No wonder Jonesy moved off and did them crooked vultures with grohl and homme.....much easier and without the weight of zeppelin as it's not bonzo's kid and pagey. What would be interesting to know is how many riffs jonesy brought to the vultures that he'd worked on or presented as part of the zeppelin jamming stuff, there's definitely some stuff on their record that's got some strong strong zeppelin vibes.

is someone ever going to post up the full mojo interviews online? Those of us in america can't just seem to find them anywhere.......

Speak for yourself. This American has no trouble at all finding Mojo and Classic Rock and other UK magazines.

It's over & thank goodness Myles Kennedy is no longer anywhere near any of them. It would have been a disaster of epic proportions & I'm speaking strictly as a new band. Does anyone really want to see Page or Jones with a bland 10th generation screeching singer? That's what Black Country Communion are for & Glenn Hughes at least is a bland 4th generation screeching singer.

+1 :yesnod:

Reviving this one.........do we know how much Page and Jones actually contributed to "Save Me" by BCC? That's the one Jason said was worked on as part of the page, jones, bonham sessions right?

Myles Kennedy could have done the Zep stuff right, think that honestly Page wasn't confident enough in the new material to carry things and couldn't come up with a good way to balance things. You know Page undoubtedly wanted to go out and play Stairway, Whole Lotta Love, Achilles Last Stand, all those songs that he loves on tour one more time and couldn't find a way to balance it with that lineup of people with new material without it all just coming off as Led Zeppelin. I mean I guess the only ideal way would be to outright say that they're doing all new material with some zeppeling sprinkled in at the end in the encore. That way, the spotlight is on the new material and then the payoff comes at the end, but even then there'd likely be issues.

No wonder Jonesy moved off and did them crooked vultures with grohl and homme.....much easier and without the weight of zeppelin as it's not bonzo's kid and pagey. What would be interesting to know is how many riffs jonesy brought to the vultures that he'd worked on or presented as part of the zeppelin jamming stuff, there's definitely some stuff on their record that's got some strong strong zeppelin vibes.

Save Me is a song Jason said he'd begun work on while he was rehearsing with Page & Jones. As I understand it, he meant it's a song he'd been working on by himself and that Page & Jones had nothing to do with it.

JPJ has pretty much said TCV was all original material, that it had nothing to do with Page & Jason, nor his rehearsals with them.

It's been reported that Page abandoned his project with JPJ & Jason essentially because they could not find a vocalist to his liking.

Don''t knock Myles Kennedy. IMO he's a great singer with range, vocal colour and musicality,and a really compelling stage presence.

None of that means he would have worked in the role they were trying him out for : fair enough if they didn't think he was right.

But he stands up well as a vocalist compared to Paul Rodgers (as he was in the 80s with the Firm) - and is SO much more interesting than Coverdale .

Don''t knock Myles Kennedy. IMO he's a great singer with range, vocal colour and musicality,and a really compelling stage presence.

None of that means he would have worked in the role they were trying him out for : fair enough if they didn't think he was right.

But he stands up well as a vocalist compared to Paul Rodgers (as he was in the 80s with the Firm) - and is SO much more interesting than Coverdale .

I know I am in the minority but I have no use for any of those three vocalists you mention...Myles, Paul Rodgers, David Coverdale...all get a big yawn from me and I have no interest in seeing Jimmy with any of them. Personally, I would rather he hook up with someone like PJ Harvey or Beck(no, not that Beck, the other one) or Mark Kozelek. That would be far more interesting to me. The others would just be tired classic rock rehash.

Archived