Coverdale /Page cut short

weslgarlic

Had Coverdale/Page done an the (cancelled but booked) planned arena tour of the US ,instead of the few dates in japan,I think the project might have lasted longer

I know Plant came calling , But Plant who had released Fate Of Nations seemed to be jealous of Coverdale, But when it came to working with Jimmy , He seemed to hold him back on the guitar front on Walking into Clarksdale ,unlike players on fate of nations and Manic Nirvana

Coverdale/Page is fine album as is Fate of Nations ,shame w.i.c was a mix of both

I

• 3 weeks later...

I am of the opinion that there is a great deal of unfinished business between Jim and Dave. I was felt like there was a Coverdale Page 2 that should have been in the works because the chemistry between them was absolutely fantastic. Here is hoping it happens!

There will never be a follow-up to the C/P album, & Jimmy's had several opportunities to jam w/David onstage jam thru the years yet never has. Though they are still friends, the Coverdale/Page collaboration has been frozen in amber for more than 20 years, where it will remain.

I was always under the impression that the tour did not continue past the Japan dates because of possible low ticket sales in the U.S and elsewhere.

I had already bought my ticket and it was scheduled for like September or October 1993 so when it was canceled, like a dumbass I went and got a refund instead of keeping the ticket haha

I don't believe Jimmy is truly proud of that album.

Do you have a link, written proof, statement, etc of Jimmy thinking/saying that?

I don't think that's true at all...

I have a mag (a recent one) which he feels the work (the guitar playing) he did with Coverdale was his best since Zeppelin. And I totally agree.

He had nothing openly bad to say about Coverdale (the collaboration) or the album in any way.

I was always under the impression that the tour did not continue past the Japan dates because of possible low ticket sales in the U.S and elsewhere.

US ticket sales were sluggish, leading to a tour postponement twice. By the time the Japanese dates were performed in December

the writing was on the wall the C/P collaboration wouldn't continue beyond it (Jimmy already knew he was rejoining Robert in Spring).

Tickets were only sold in the US & Japan.

Do you have a link, written proof, statement, etc of Jimmy thinking/saying that?

I don't think that's true at all...

I have a mag (a recent one) which he feels the work (the guitar playing) he did with Coverdale was his best since Zeppelin. And I totally agree.

He had nothing openly bad to say about Coverdale (the collaboration) or the album in any way.

The clue is in the part "I don't believe".

The only "link" to that is quite obviously MY belief, which comes from my experience.

Not everything in life comes with "written proof".

The clue is in the part "I don't believe".

The only "link" to that is quite obviously MY belief, which comes from my experience.

Not everything in life comes with "written proof".

Thanks for the comments Knebby, with your added bit of sarcasm as usual.

To add, I think he's proud of that album from what HE said.

Ok then seriously - what made you ask me for a link/proof to JIMMY having ever said that when I never said that he did?

I really couldn't have said any clearer that it was MY belief, (even in my sig!) so yes, it does make it frustrating when someone who is usually on my page comes after me for that.

And you know they say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit ;)

Also, it is MY opinion that there's a vast difference between great guitar playing and a great song, or indeed album.

PEACE :peace:

Ok then seriously - what made you ask me for a link/proof to JIMMY having ever said that when I never said that he did?

I really couldn't have said any clearer that it was MY belief, (even in my sig!) so yes, it does make it frustrating when someone who is usually on my page comes after me for that.

And you know they say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit ;)

Also, it is MY opinion that there's a vast difference between great guitar playing and a great song, or indeed album.

PEACE :peace:

Knebby. I am NOT coming after you...

Why would you think that????????????? (Because I disagree with what you said?)

Im giving you words from Jimmy's mouth, when he expressed nothing but positive about the album. It's that simple.

Im just telling you that Jimmy Page seems to have no negativity towards the work done there.

Why must you go on a personal crusade every time someone disagrees with what you say? I don't get that.

And weve exchanged PM's before, so you know my intentions are not what you express here....so let it go.

Knebby. I am NOT coming after you...

Why would you think that????????????? (Because I disagree with what you said?)

Im giving you words from Jimmy's mouth, when he expressed nothing but positive about the album. It's that simple.

Im just telling you that Jimmy Page seems to have no negativity towards the work done there.

Why must you go on a personal crusade every time someone disagrees with what you say? I don't get that.

And weve exchanged PM's before, so you know my intentions are not what you express here....so let it go.

:blink: I never once suggested anything about a crusade - and I didn't react to you "disagreeing" with me - I haven't even discussed my opinion of the album - I reacted to you asking me for evidence of Jimmy having said something when I quite clearly never said that he did. No, I don't think that constitutes a "crusade" :chickeddance:

Yes I do - many things - though I'm not sure why my opinion on that interests you at all.

Because you say you don't think he would be proud of the Coverdale Page album! (which is the most Zep - like thing he has done since 1980, and some would say even since Presence) so, anyone saying that would make me wonder if they thought he woud be proud of anything else. Mybe what you mean, is you don't think he SHOULD be proud of it ? which is a different thing completely.

i think there are at least as many good songs on CP as on anything he has done since Presence , and songs which are also in the style closest to his heart.

Because you say you don't think he would be proud of the Coverdale Page album! (which is the most Zep - like thing he has done since 1980, and some would say even since Presence) so, anyone saying that would make me wonder if they thought he woud be proud of anything else. Mybe what you mean, is you don't think he SHOULD be proud of it ? which is a different thing completely.

i think there are at least as many good songs on CP as on anything he has done since Presence , and songs which are also in the style closest to his heart.

We disagree, and I keep my opinions :)

that's fine but I would agree with Rock Historian, I have never seen him make negative comment about CP, which he has done about other things he has done so surely we should yake his word for it, i suppose it is possible he fed Plant some BS about wishing he hadN't done it but if he did, I expect he was playing him.

I thought maybe the poster had read or heard something from Jimmy about Coverdale/Page that I might have missed. But its cool if they have an opinion. But I agree with RH and OS as well, the times Ive heard/read Page talk about C/P it was always in a very good light.

He certainly seemed proud of it in 93 when he and Coverdale were interviewed. And yes, he did say he felt his guitar playing on that album was the best he had done since his Zeppelin days. I remember that for sure and AGREE! :guitar_mood:

Archived