Coverdale /Page cut short

weslgarlic

No I didn't. I said "I don't believe". Anything else, YOU read into it.

I don't know you, and I don't have to explain myself to you at all.

Wow, why are you so hostile? As I said before, I'm new here, I'm not looking for a fight Ms. Knebby, I wasn't asking for an explanation. You said in another thread that you know Mr. Page and I was only asking for you to help me understand? Perhaps someone else, could help me understand?

And as far as "I don't believe" goes, one can only come to a belief based on evidence they deem factual.

The logical mind can only come to two conclusions:

1. One has first hand knowledge.

2. One has heard and been influenced by what others think/say

Don't know why people are giving knebby a hard time bout all this, she is stating her OPINION just as the rest of us are. Too many know it all's looking for something to bitch about and trying to look superior.

David Zoso - some weeks ago, you sent me an aggressive PM demanding I give you information about my situation as regards Led Zeppelin. I have no requirement to do so.

This quote and others about his relationship with British women and you having spoken to him about his upcoming solo project, led me to believe that you know Mr. Page. If you don't have any relation to Led Zeppelin why didn't you just say so? This is all quite confusing for a newbie like me! :) Sorry for offending you!

I understand what you're saying. But, hypothetically, it would indeed be like pulling a hot dog on a string for the sole purpose of personal gratification; if it weren't Ms.Knebby wouldn't, hypothetically, imply she is associated to the members of Led Zeppelin, hypothetically. :)

What, labeling her as a fan? Then I'd be negating myself, wouldn't I?

You don't negate yourself by labeling others, you negate whom you are labeling. I think you already know this. I also think you are the latest incarnation of a previously banned member with an ax to grind. If so, you'll fit right in.

Anyway, can't we all just get along???

I always felt the C/P project was abandoned prematurely. I am not a big fan of Coverdale's singing when he head sings, I just don't like it and wish he would stick to his natural baritone - low tenor where he is natural and sounds great! However I believe Coverdale brought the best out of Page musically, really challenging and pushing his abilities. His playing and technique are some of his best on record with C/P, he just sounds progressive. Sign me up for the "let's get C/P back together club," honestly I would prefer to see him with a ready and willing Coverdale than a reluctant and uninterested Plant any day.

I always felt the C/P project was abandoned prematurely. I am not a big fan of Coverdale's singing when he head sings, I just don't like it and wish he would stick to his natural baritone - low tenor where he is natural and sounds great! However I believe Coverdale brought the best out of Page musically, really challenging and pushing his abilities. His playing and technique are some of his best on record with C/P, he just sounds progressive. Sign me up for the "let's get C/P back together club," honestly I would prefer to see him with a ready and willing Coverdale than a reluctant and uninterested Plant any day.

Spot on

You don't negate yourself by labeling others, you negate whom you are labeling. I think you already know this. I also think you are the latest incarnation of a previously banned member with an ax to grind. If so, you'll fit right in.

:bravo:

I just had time to catch up on this and I must say, Knebby NEVER ONCE stated anything other than HER opinion and she is entitled to that. She tried several times after being pushed again and again to state that this was HER opinion!!! Unless you are 3 years old I just do not see what is so hard to understand about this?

Jesus, people, she tried to answer respectfully. :yesnod:

I just had time to catch up on this and I must say, Knebby NEVER ONCE stated anything other than HER opinion and she is entitled to that. She tried several times after being pushed again and again to state that this was HER opinion!!! Unless you are 3 years old I just do not see what is so hard to understand about this?

:goodpost::bravo:

In my opinion, she stated her opinion and, she stated her opinion respectfully. She's entitled to an opinion just like the rest of us are entitled to an opinion but, respectfully of course, that's just my opinion on opinions. :huh:

In my opinion, she stated her opinion and, she stated her opinion respectfully. She's entitled to an opinion just like the rest of us are entitled to an opinion but, respectfully of course, that's just my opinion on opinions. :huh:

LOL in my opinion that needs a beer :beer:

Sort of merging two threads here but there are some interesting comments in the Barney Hoskyns book about C/P. I have no opinion on C/P as I've never listened to that music but Coverdale is such a ridiculous character - he makes me laugh. It seems he knows he's ridiculous but is also very fond of himself which is a pretty good combination in my book.

This from Brad Tolinski in one chapter (the title alone will make you LOL) who doesn't seem to ruffle any feathers so I think it's clear that C/P is not Jimmy's favorite thing.

"He (Jimmy) doesn't necessarily speak about it glowing terms, but he always talks about the actual project, the actual work, in positive terms... At that point, he seemed super-positive and thought he had done good work." (bold emphasis mine)

There is not single negative comment that can be said of the actual album itself the music and the album cover. Coverdale Page is David’s best work ever, and it clearly ranks with some of Pages best work ever. How the internal bickering took place between respective managements when it came to money and how the world tour and promotion of the album should unfold is a different story. But the music itself was absolutely fantastic with stuff like Over Now, Easy Does It, Absolution Blues, Whisper a Prayer for the Dying, Shake My Tree, Pride and Joy and so on.

I agree 100%

There is not single negative comment that can be said of the actual album itself the music and the album cover. Coverdale Page is David’s best work ever, and it clearly ranks with some of Pages best work ever. How the internal bickering took place between respective managements when it came to money and how the world tour and promotion of the album should unfold is a different story. But the music itself was absolutely fantastic with stuff like Over Now, Easy Does It, Absolution Blues, Whisper a Prayer for the Dying, Shake My Tree, Pride and Joy and so on.

I suppose I was more indifferent to the album than outright disliking it. Coverdale sings well although, too many hokey lyrics for my tastes . Jimmy was technically great but to me, the album seriously lacked ....I'm trying to find the right word. I guess "Honesty" fits. "Soul" would be another. Just my two cents

Archived