R.I.P. TWINKIES & DING DONGS: Hostess Files Bankruptcy

Strider

Here is news I never thought I'd see...always considered Twinkies indestructible, like Keith Richards and cockroaches. But apparently not. Junk food lovers better stock up on your Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Ho Hos.

Twinkies maker Hostess to go out of business, lay off 18,500

Read on...

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-73343558/

A simualr situation can be found in the UK. Branston Pickle, which has been around forever, was recently sold to a Japanese company.

I posted my horror a while ago about my choice of pickle going East. It would be interesting to hear the CEO of the company to actually say the product correctly!

^^They look nice, yum, yum. It's a shame I'll never get the chance to sample one.

Maybe I'll send some in my next care package to you, then.

Personally, I've always been more of a Ding Dong fan than Twinkies. Twinkies always had this foul chemical taste to me. There is also this nasty American County Fair tradition of deep-frying the Twinkie. You know, to really give your heart a jolt.

Here is news I never thought I'd see...always considered Twinkies indestructible, like Keith Richards and cockroaches. But apparently not. Junk food lovers better stock up on your Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Ho Hos.

Twinkies maker Hostess to go out of business, lay off 18,500

Read on...

http://touch.latimes...e/p2p-73343558/

Yeah someone posted this in the Welfare thread. The everlasting thread created by Mr Jones. I like the chocolate cupcakes. Hate twinkies.

Maybe I'll send some in my next care package to you, then.

Personally, I've always been more of a Ding Dong fan than Twinkies. Twinkies always had this foul chemical taste to me. There is also this nasty American County Fair tradition of deep-frying the Twinkie. You know, to really give your heart a jolt.

That sounds like the Scottish penchant for deep-fried Mars Bars. Yuck!

^I see chillumpuffer has already beat me to it!

Like the sweaty's do to Mars Bars ????

That sounds like the Scottish penchant for deep-fried Mars Bars. Yuk!

^I see someone's beat me to it!

I bet the Scots nicked the idea from us Americans. For years at American Fairs, they have been deep-frying Twinkies, Mars-Bars, donuts, hotdogs, ice cream...any food you can imagine is deep fried on a stick.

I bet they'd even deep-fry your car if you wanted.

Yeah someone posted this in the Welfare thread. The everlasting thread created by Mr Jones. I like the chocolate cupcakes. Hate twinkies.

For my sanity and peace of mind, I stopped reading that thread a week ago.

I bet the Scots nicked the idea from us Americans. For years at American Fairs, they have been deep-frying Twinkies, Mars-Bars, donuts, hotdogs, ice cream...any food you can imagine is deep fried on a stick.

I bet they'd even deep-fry your car if you wanted.

I believe it was last year, the Big Deal at the fairs was deep fried butter. Yes, really.

My favorite Twinkie memorie was back when my brother was in the Peace Corp in Kenya. A friend of his sent a care package with a lot of homemade treats, and a couple of store bought favorites he couldn't get there. Unfortunately, she sent it surface mail instead of air mail, so it took 9 months to get there. Everything was stale and moldy...except the Twinkies. Beause they are made of ingredients not found in nature.

They will be back!

Archived