R.I.P. TWINKIES & DING DONGS: Hostess Files Bankruptcy

Strider

I wonder if Twinkies would survive a nuclear attack??? I can picture the scenario... out of the smoldering remains, out pops Keith Richards, a few (headless but surviving) coackroaches, Twinkies and frigging McDonalds along with its teenage spotty squeaky voice teenage staff

Could someone describe to me what the white stuff inside exactly is and how it tastes like.

It's a fluffy, orgasmic mixture of sweet stardust, nectar of the gods, a dash of sweetened mother's milk, and a few drops of essence of baby unicorns.

Then they mix in a big gob of animal lard to give it some body.

That was my fav high school snack late morning. I would grab a zinger and chocolate milk

It was amazing what a big fat doobie in the morning could get us to eat in HIGH school :lol:

Haven't had any Hostess stuff in YEARS, although I used to like the, um, what were the chocolate covered rolled up things that came 2 to a pack called? (not the cupcakes).

For those who can't live without them, I'll bet there'll be recipes on Pinterest soon, if there aren't already...

Edit: those would be the Ho Hos.

Sadly, I've never ever tasted either a twinky or a ding dong in my life! I have always wanted to, but looks like I can't now! I guess this is pretty much the end of an era! :(

I have heard they are coming back on the news already. Dont panic folks. You will get your sugar buzz. I would miss the chocolate cupcakes on the rare occasion I buy them. I try to stay away from this stuff at my ripe middle age.

Could someone describe to me what the white stuff inside exactly is and how it tastes like.

What is a Ding Dong btw, the name somehow evokes dildo-esque images in my sick mind.

Usually, a Ding Dong goes into a Ho-Ho, resulting in some white stuff. :^)

Holy shit yes!! Excuse the language but those are extremely delicious and very sinful. For me, Twinkies are like kisses and Oatmeal Creme Pies are a good "trip down south". ;-))

My Ding Dong must be stale - it's hard as a rock. :P

Archived