Another Monty Python or even a Fawlty Towers film ?

weslgarlic

There was talk a couple of years of back of another Monty Python film based on the 5 old remaining pythons starring as noble men returning to the crusades ,using old footage of Chapman,but it all fell through

The next thing they were all due to appear in animated film , havn't heard anything else since.

Cleese hinted that there could be a fawlty towers film were a retired basil goes on holiday to visit Manuel in spain , only to get up an hostage situation,but that also fell through

But Idle has responded to queries about a Python reunion by adapting a line used by George Harrison in response to queries about a possible Beatles reunion. When asked in November 1989 about such a possibility, Harrison responded: "As far as I'm concerned, there won't be a Beatles reunion as long as John Lennon remains dead." Idle's version of this was that he expected to see a proper Python reunion, "just as soon as Graham Chapman comes back from the dead", but added, "we're talking to his agent about terms."

I wouldn't want to see another Monty Python film..I always thought the films were terrible, and they were nothing more than Python's way of making itself known to the mainstream..and sacrificing the great elements of the television series.

People here in the US, for the most part, are blissfully unaware of the Monty Python's Flying Circus television show..but they can quote The Holy Grail up and down..it's quite sad.

Cleese hinted that there could be a fawlty towers film were a retired basil goes on holiday to visit Manuel in spain , only to get up an hostage situation,but that also fell through

I watched "The Hotel Inspector" Fawlty Towers last evening. A classic. " A Claret is a Bordeaux" :lol:

I wouldn't want to see another Monty Python film..I always thought the films were terrible, and they were nothing more than Python's way of making itself known to the mainstream..and sacrificing the great elements of the television series.

People here in the US, for the most part, are blissfully unaware of the Monty Python's Flying Circus television show..but they can quote The Holy Grail up and down..it's quite sad.

i didn't think much of the tv series, though it did have afew funny bits here and there.

but the movies ......... esp brian ....... :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

i didn't think much of the tv series, though it did have afew funny bits here and there.

but the movies ......... esp brian ....... :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I agree, the series was hit and miss, some funny bits some not so funny. The films on the other hand are funny. Hence the reason why "Life Of Brian" was voted the best comedy film ever made.

I agree, the series was hit and miss, some funny bits some not so funny. The films on the other hand are funny. Hence the reason why "Life Of Brian" was voted the best comedy film ever made.

I dislike the movies because of their extreme and in-your-face mainstreamness.

I dislike the movies because of their extreme and in-your-face mainstreamness.

Mainstream??? If someone asked me to name an example of a mainstream comedy film, the Python ones would be the furthest from my mind!

I'd love to see a DVD release of the REAL Secret Policeman's Ball/Other Ball; just like the original VHS from the 80s (mine sadly disintegrated in the player :( ). The newish one was missing some stuff.

Just watched Holy Grail again last night for the millionth time; that never gets old!

They did some new material on the BBC 40 th anniversay night , But the humour was more like the tv series than the film

Who could replace graham chapman ,the only one who could really act ?

No one can replace Graham Chapman, he was one of a kind.

I do think the others can act though, especially Cleese and Palin.

Archived