In Through The Out Door Live

Nikko1123

From Nick,

does anyone know if they ever plan to release any more live shows, especially from the 80 tour, featuring the In Through The Out Door songs, this is my favorite cd and so far all official releases don't feature any songs from that album, I admit I have not payed much attention to Zep since How the West was won came out, but Celebration Day is incredible and I am back on board, so great, I wish they would put more live archive shows out, any info is appreciated

From Nick,

does anyone know if they ever plan to release any more live shows, especially from the 80 tour, featuring the In Through The Out Door songs, this is my favorite cd and so far all official releases don't feature any songs from that album, I admit I have not payed much attention to Zep since How the West was won came out, but Celebration Day is incredible and I am back on board, so great, I wish they would put more live archive shows out, any info is appreciated

Led Zeppelin DVD features In the evening and you can get Hot dog on youtube and also All of my love and Robert performed Fool in the rain with Pearl jam, which is also on youtube and Page/Plant performed parts of Carouselambra in the nineties in the middle of In the evening!

what would be the best show in terms of sound quality?

There are numerous shows from the 1980 Over Europe tour available on soundboard recordings, great quality albeit a bit dry sounding. The best one to get your hands on is the matrix of the Zurich show. It's called 'The European Championships' I believe. The best show from the tour imo, with Frankfurt coming in at a close second. Frankfurt is also available in very good quality. Those two shows are worth seeking out if you like '79-'80 Zep. Cologne is worth a mention as well, features a great version of Kashmir. The rest of the show is so-so, especially SIBLY, Jimmy is way out of tune.

Hope that helped!

I second the Zurich show (6/29/80). Actually a very nice soundboard overall. So-so versions of ITTOD material, but the real gem is the Train Kept a Rollin opener (a very very strong Nobody's Fault too - the brittle '80 sound really fit the Presence material).

Archived