Looks really good for new Page material in 2013

hecube

"Another (solo) album is a definite, but it will be totally, totally different (from Outrider)."

Any hints at its direction?

"Well, no, not really. I can't really say that. But I tell you one thing you can bet on. I'll be playing guitar on it."

Jimmy Page

v

v

v

(as quoted in the September 23, 1988 issue of USA Today)

Do you guys really think, that Jimmy will release something next year as a solo album?

Depends on how they( Plant and Jones including) are going to handle remasters thing- more interviews,appearances somewhere...!?

I guess the songs are pretty much written down- he has to record and produce them- thats the most important phase. Again all comes down to has Page actually reached out to people he wants to have on record? Seems like a lot of its going be just managing and organizing process.

Is he supposed to rush something out to prove a point to others here that he's not retired or perhaps instead release something he himself is satisfied with? Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush take forever between albums as they are perfectionists. Every album Page has released since the demise of Zeppelin has been scrutinized as not being up to Zeppelin standards. He tried to keep it going after the 02 but it was not to be as he licked his wounds, saw other projects through, & hopefully now he's come to terms with not putting all his eggs in one basket in performing as a reformed Zeppelin or as Page & Plant again, the two projects it seems he enjoyed most since John Bonham's passing. Patience, he has nothing to prove to us but maybe himself & if he does I'm sure it will be focused by his timeline & standards, not ours.

Edited by kaiser

• 2 weeks later...

JIMMY PAGE ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR 2013 SOLO TOUR

by Jeff Giles 2 minutes ago

Jimmy-Page.jpgJunko Kimura, Getty Images

In news that should (but really probably won’t) quell those persistent Led Zeppelin reunion rumors, guitaristJimmy Page has revealed he intends to hit the road for a solo tour next year.

“This time last year I intended to be actually playing by now in a live outfit,” explained Page during a recent interview with Guitar World. “So that will have to be postponed now into sort of next year, tail end of next year. But I definitely want to be doing that.”

What kept Page off the road this year? What else — Led Zeppelin. Preparing for the release of the ‘Celebration Day‘ live package, and then going out to promote it, proved too time-consuming for Page, and with a fresh round of Zep reissues on the way, he’ll probably end up close to home for a majority of 2013 as well — hence his “tail end of next year” comment. But his solo plans do indicate that, while we’ve seen a surprising amount of activity from the long-dormant band over the last year, that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re planning anything else for the future.

In the interview, Page kept mum as to whether or not his tour would coincide with a new solo album — but given that he hasn’t released a proper solo set since 1988′s ‘Outrider,’ it seems safe to assume he’s at least written few new songs he can record if and when the mood strikes.