Best of Led Zeppelin live from the 1977 tour

godzilla777

Well, what with the release of Double Shot and all, I suppose I should revise my 'Best of the Soundboards' compliation:

The Song Remains the Same 1977/05/25

The Rover/Sick Again 1977/05/30

Nobody's Fault But Mine 1977/04/27

In My Time of Dying 1977/06/07

Since I've Been Loving You 1977/05/21

No Quarter 1977/06/11

Ten Years Gone 1977/05/30

The Battle of Evermore 1977/04/27

Going to California 1977/06/07

Black Country Woman/Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp 1977/05/21

White Summer/Black Mountain SIde 1977/06/07

Kashmir 1977/05/25

Over the Top 1977/05/21

Noise Solo 1977/06/23

Achilles' Last Stand 1977/05/30

Stairway to Heaven 1977/05/30

Whole Lotta Love/Rock and Roll 1977/05/30

Trampled Under Foot 1977/04/27

I think I will look around and try and find Double Shot. i want it badly because I was there

Need to see or hear Greensboro May 31st Bonzo's Birthday show.... they were running really late for the show.........I was 16. All i have seen is a small video here and it said the audio was actually fro the Landover MD. show. I could be wrong and often am.

My personal compilation of sbd's:

The Song Remains The Same: 5/25/77

Sick Again: 6/7/77

Nobody's Fault But Mine: 5/26/77

In My Time Of Dying: 5/25/77

Since I've been Loving You: 5/21/77

No Quarter: 6/7/77

Ten Years Gone: 6/7/77

The Battle Of Evermore: 5/30/77

Going To California: 5/30/77

Dancing Days/Black Country Woma/BYAS: 5/26/77

White Summer: 5/30/77

Kashmir: 5/25/77

Over The Top: 4/27/77

Achilles Last Stand: 5/25/77

Stairway To Heaven: 5/30/77

WLL/Rock And Roll: 5/30/77

Trampled Underfoot: 5/21/77

• 4 months later...

I agree to a point. The performances from Cleveland, OH., on the 27 & 28 of April were good, as were St. Paul, MN. April 13, 1977 & Indianapolis, IN. April 17, 1977.

So of course you are casually insinuating you went to the St. Paul and Indianapolis shows. Or have heard them.

What do ya think, Nutrocker....full of shit or what?!? :yesnod:

I'm guessing Amstel was there for all of the above, Walter (and he's one lucky mofo if he was!) There is no known recording for St Paul and the supposed Indianapolis recording is still being hoarded (if that guy wasn't full of shit...)

I'm guessing Amstel was there for all of the above, Walter (and he's one lucky mofo if he was!) There is no known recording for St Paul and the supposed Indianapolis recording is still being hoarded (if that guy wasn't full of shit...)

Based on his vitals, he would've been 5....that's even better than Strider's memory! ;) Starting to smell it yet Nutrocker?

:peace:

Based on his vitals, he would've been 5....that's even better than Strider's memory! ;) Starting to smell it yet Nutrocker?

:peace:

:lol: I also notice he hasn't been here (or at least posted) in almost four months...oh well, lord knows we've seen our share of bullshit artists 'round these parts...if Amstel is one he's pretty small taters compared to some of these yahoos...

• 1 month later...

Just listen the may and june gigs:

05=> Landover (30th)

06=> L.A (23th) and MSG (11th)

Compare them to the other nights of each tour: You got your best-of !

Honestly, i think it's to diificult to chose the best version of every song ; not less than 5 No quarter could be the one !

Just listen the may and june gigs:

05=> Landover (30th)

06=> L.A (23th) and MSG (11th)

Compare them to the other nights of each tour: You got your best-of !

Honestly, i think it's to diificult to chose the best version of every song ; not less than 5 No quarter could be the one !

Leaving out 28 April in Cleveland would be a travesty, easily the best show of the first leg of the tour and probably a top five '77 show overall- check it out if you've never heard it. It's certainly on par with the 30 May Landover show, and probably better...

I admit that it's been a while that I did not listen but i got this one, great, no problem (One of the best No quarter... If he was complete) . Anyway, i think that, except in july, all the 77's performances are great.

But, an it's an arbitrary choice, i prefer the 05/06 concerts. I would even say that it is the peak shape of Zeppelin, any era mingled.

But, an it's an arbitrary choice, i prefer the 05/06 concerts. I would even say that it is the peak shape of Zeppelin, any era mingled.

Well, my favourite '77 shows are 10/6 and 11/6 New York; that two week point where the New York and L.A. shows took place is a definite milestone in Zeppelin's live performance history, with Bonham having 'too many rhinestones' in San Diego being the only misstep. I don't think they reached that peak again probably- not in the third leg of the '77 tour (as I've said many times if they'd played Seattle on 17 June it would have been much better :lol: ) and not in '79 or '80, save for maybe the second Copenhagen '79 show and once or twice on the 1980 gigs.

We can and have made our own '77 compilations, yeah, but an official release from this period would be one of the greatest fuckin' live albums ever made. Hell, even if we had one more New York '77 soundboard -in addition the the 7 June show and 11 June snippet- you could lash together a killer 1977 variation on The Song Remains The Same...I'd want 10 June, but 13 June would suffice as well...

• 4 weeks later...

Everybody loves to shit on this show, but despite it's faults, I think it's great. The opening numbers are energetic, No Quarter is wonderful, the acoustic set is quite enjoyable, White Summer/Black Mountain Side is surprisingly good as is Kashmir, the Noise Solo is properly noisy, Achilles is powerful, Stairway is beautiful, and the encore is great too. Definitely one of my favourites from this tour.

I have the Led Zeppelin-Kingdome, Seattle WA 7/17/77 show, I just watched it recently, pretty good show, I really enjoyed Moby Dick, Bonham was spectacular.

I agree Sue, I enjoyed watching it very much, I've had it for awhile but never got around to watching it, I popped it in my DVD this past weekend sat back and watched it.

Wish I could've seen them live at their reunion, I just recently attended the Black Sabbath reunion on August 4th, it was great.

Everybody loves to shit on this show, but despite it's faults, I think it's great. The opening numbers are energetic, No Quarter is wonderful, the acoustic set is quite enjoyable, White Summer/Black Mountain Side is surprisingly good as is Kashmir, the Noise Solo is properly noisy, Achilles is powerful, Stairway is beautiful, and the encore is great too. Definitely one of my favourites from this tour.

well I mean, what version of the pro shot, or doesn't it say on the menu? Is there a little (EV) in the corner of the screen every time a new song starts?

I have the pro-shot version, if that makes any sense? A friend of mine made or should I say burned it for me.

Archived