is stairway to heaven about somthing bad?

super_fly_16

Prove it.

Are you for real?

He's been gigging for the last few years, look him up on YouTube, gibberer!

Anyone who takes all of Davis' THOTG or Cole's book STH as gospel needs psychiatric help.

You and that other flipper super fly make a good pair.

Are you for real?

He's been gigging for the last few years, look him up on YouTube, gibberer!

Anyone who takes all of Davis' THOTG or Cole's book STH as gospel needs psychiatric help.

You and that other flipper super fly make a good pair.

Geez..you really like personally attacking people. What reason would I have to no believe Stephen Davis? Oh..I know, it's because YOU don't like what he is saying. I don't take him as "gospel" I was merely using his book as part of evidence to support a theory.

And just because something walks and talks like Paul McCartney, doesn't mean it's Paul McCartney.

I actually used QUOTES and research to back up my point of view, which is more than you or that Superfly fellow have done.

Geez..you really like personally attacking people. What reason would I have to no believe Stephen Davis? Oh..I know, it's because YOU don't like what he is saying. I don't take him as "gospel" I was merely using his book as part of evidence to support a theory.

And just because something walks and talks like Paul McCartney, doesn't mean it's Paul McCartney.

I actually used QUOTES and research to back up my point of view, which is more than you or that Superfly fellow have done.

Try and bait me if you want, it won't work, boy.

What research and quotes from whom?

It's not a matter of not liking what he says, it's chock full of inaccuracies and unsubstantiated opinions as many on here who are better versed than you, can attest to.

So based on your "theory" the person who has been "playing" Paul McCartney in Wings and solo all these years is an imposter?

Grow up.

Try and bait me if you want, it won't work, boy.

What research and quotes from whom?

It's not a matter of not liking what he says, it's chock full of inaccuracies and unsubstantiated opinions as many on here who are better versed than you, can attest to.

So based on your "theory" the person who has been "playing" Paul McCartney in Wings and solo all these years is an imposter?

Grow up.

I was talking about my Lep Zeppelin theory.

But yes, I hover between accepting and denying the McCartney theory. On one hand, (the one you probably prefer (to jerk with :hysterical: that is,)to believe) it ruins a "legend". On the other hand, it makes a guy who's work has pretty much been lingering between adequate/listenable to boring to terrible since McCartney a little more interesting and bearable. Plus it makes for great conversation.

Headley Grange was not Aleister Crowley's house, just wanted to correct that.

The rest of this discussion is so full of crap that I won't even bother with it. I think it's stupid to believe in Satan or God or Zeus or any other guys with beards sitting on clouds anyway.

From Stephen Davis' book "Hammer Of the Gods", Plant is talking about the writing of "Stairway to Heaven".:

" . . Robert described the 'automatic' nature of the lyric: 'I was just sitting there with Pagey in front of a fire at Headley Grange. Pagey had written the chords and played them for me. I was holding a paper and pencil, and for some reason, I was in a very bad mood. Then all of a sudden my hand was writing out words. 'There's a lady who's sure, all that glitters is gold, and she's buying a stairway to heaven.' I just sat there and looked at the words and then I almost leaped out of my seat.'" (Page 164)

"He [Robert Plant] often remarked that he could feel his pen being pushed by some higher authority." (Page 262)

He's quoted ONCE as saying "Somebody pushed my pen". Stephen Davis made up a load of crap to sell his sensationalist book and every Zep fan knows that. Don't believe US, try asking Robert, Jimmy or Jonesy.

The fact that Plant did not actually write the lyrics himself could give an explanation to why you can hear Satanic messages when playing the recording backwards, the message is in the lyrics, not in any studio trick done by the band.

Yes he did. And there's no Satanic messages in it - backwards or forwards.

As we all know..Headly Grange was where infamous Black-Magick practitioner Aliester Crowley lived and performed rituals, that is also where Plant "wrote" Stairway to Heaven.

No it wasn't.

The lyrics of Stairway feature many references to both Crowley and Pagan religion.

"It's just a spring clean for the May queen" is a reference to both the pagan ritual/item of dancing around a maypole, and the horrendous Aliester Crowley poem "May Queen".

They refer in fact to the very traditional English habit of Spring -cleaning and the very traditional English character of the May Queen. Look up some English tradition instead of occultism.

The references to "the Piper":

"Then the piper will lead us to reason."

"Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know,

The piper's calling you to join him,"

In paganism, the Piper is Pan.

and Pan's true identity is none other than...THE DEVIL.

The Piper is not necessarily Pan at all - that's your theory - but Pan is actually the God of music.

"Your head is humming and it won't go" The song IS a very catchy song, and so, it sticks in your brain, and is really the Devil calling you to join him.

No it isn't. It's a song by a great band. The devil does his own thing.

"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run

There's still time to change the road you're on."

There are two paths according to Crowley, and most religions - God and Satan, which path is the song telling us to change to?

Utter tosh. There's two paths in politics, there's two paths at the bottom of my garden. Maybe he was singing about them? You have just attached your own meaning to this, and that by NO MEANS makes it right.

"And if you listen very hard

The tune will come to you at last."

Listen verrry hard - backmask it. The true nature of the tune will come to you at last.

That happened ages ago.

These arguments are ridiculous. It's just a song.

From Stephen Davis' book "Hammer Of the Gods", Plant is talking about the writing of "Stairway to Heaven".:

" . . Robert described the 'automatic' nature of the lyric: 'I was just sitting there with Pagey in front of a fire at Headley Grange. Pagey had written the chords and played them for me. I was holding a paper and pencil, and for some reason, I was in a very bad mood. Then all of a sudden my hand was writing out words. 'There's a lady who's sure, all that glitters is gold, and she's buying a stairway to heaven.' I just sat there and looked at the words and then I almost leaped out of my seat.'" (Page 164)

"He [Robert Plant] often remarked that he could feel his pen being pushed by some higher authority." (Page 262)

The fact that Plant did not actually write the lyrics himself could give an explanation to why you can hear Satanic messages when playing the recording backwards, the message is in the lyrics, not in any studio trick done by the band.

As we all know..Headly Grange was where infamous Black-Magick practitioner Aliester Crowley lived and performed rituals, that is also where Plant "wrote" Stairway to Heaven.

The lyrics of Stairway feature many references to both Crowley and Pagan religion.

"It's just a spring clean for the May queen" is a reference to both the pagan ritual/item of dancing around a maypole, and the horrendous Aliester Crowley poem "May Queen".

The references to "the Piper":

"Then the piper will lead us to reason."

"Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know,

The piper's calling you to join him,"

In paganism, the Piper is Pan.

Pan-large-800x800.gif

and Pan's true identity is none other than...THE DEVIL.

"Your head is humming and it won't go" The song IS a very catchy song, and so, it sticks in your brain, and is really the Devil calling you to join him.

"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run

There's still time to change the road you're on."

There are two paths according to Crowley, and most religions - God and Satan, which path is the song telling us to change to?

"And if you listen very hard

The tune will come to you at last."

Listen verrry hard - backmask it. The true nature of the tune will come to you at last.

There are numerous other Pagan references, but I do not know enough about the pagan theology to properly analyze each and every one.

I am not criticizing Zeppelin, the song is still an entertaining listen. If the above is true, and the song really is "satanic", then it probably is no fault of the bands.

What an irritating pile of crap i'll never even bother with, You Know what Zepguy, Never listen to zeppelin again, they were 4 demonic paganists that were brought to earth by holy satan to spread Evil and Hatred among us mere humans, And we Like It !! Done ?? now go listen to some Dylan.

What an irritating pile of crap i'll never even bother with, You Know what Zepguy, Never listen to zeppelin again, they were 4 demonic paganists that were brought to earth by holy satan to spread Evil and Hatred among us mere humans, And we Like It !! Done ?? now go listen to some Dylan.

When did I EVER say they were Satanists? I said that they UNKNOWINGLY put out a Satanic song.

When did I EVER say they were Satanists? I said that they UNKNOWINGLY put out a Satanic song.

No they did not, that is just your opinion presented as fact.

As Knebby pointed out Headly Grange NEVER, EVER belonged to Crowley or owned by Page, that would be Boleskine House on Loch Ness.

Once again your so called research is about as credible as you are.

No they did not, that is just your opinion presented as fact.

As Knebby pointed out Headly Grange NEVER, EVER belonged to Crowley or owned by Page, that would be Boleskine House on Loch Ness.

Once again your so called research is about as credible as you are.

Makes more sense than your boring opinion: "omgeee there is lik no way that led zeppelin evar put out anything that is like not perfects!!11"

Makes more sense than your boring opinion: "omgeee there is lik no way that led zeppelin evar put out anything that is like not perfects!!11"

Learn how to write proper English and think about what you are trying to say and maybe, just maybe you might start making sense.

in the song the piper is goin to lead us to reason just like the snake in the garden. but really the crowely guy is the evidence about why they made the song. crowely said he was evil himslef so if they liked this guy they must have wanted it to be about evil things. this only seems to make sense to me in my opinion.

does anybody ever try to play the song back wards? i heard a thing on youtube when they did this and you can hear some evils things in there. it cant be an accident

The Sentence "UNKNOWINGLY put out a satanic song" is not acceptable by any well educated mind .... Which you obviously don't have. again, i don't like offensive discussion, but you're starting to get everybody Riled Up.

Aren't you just Hopeless ??? Grow up, a place filled with Thousands of Hardcore Zeppelin Fans are not going to stop listening to one of the greatest rock song ever made, because of an Unacceptable, Unproven, Bullshit theory made by an impostor, and put in a floppy Book. Stop Trying to convince us, If you're convinced with that theory or the "Mccartney is dead" theory, That's Up to you, now don't Start to raise Stupid Discussons that will lead you to nowhere. why don't you use that time to learn Something, or Listen To Some Beach Boys.

in the song the piper is goin to lead us to reason just like the snake in the garden. but really the crowely guy is the evidence about why they made the song. crowely said he was evil himslef so if they liked this guy they must have wanted it to be about evil things. this only seems to make sense to me in my opinion.

does anybody ever try to play the song back wards? i heard a thing on youtube when they did this and you can hear some evils things in there. it cant be an accident

Well, it's not An accident, They Are Fucking Evil Satanist Cannibals From The Middle Earth .... Just Don't Listen To Them Ever Again Or They will Entice You Into Their World Full Of Black Magic And Exorsicm. Now Troll Away.

Man, I don't even know where to begin. The whole McCartney thing is such utter BS that anyone who believes he died in 66' and there is an imposter is looney. How does one first find a Paul McCartney look alike who can sing like Paul and be passed off to his friends and family as Paul. Then, how do you get this guy to have a similar amount of talent? Multi-intrumentalist who co-wrote most of Sgt. Pepper - Abby Road with Lennon? There is no way Ringo was writing that stuff and Harrison was in a completely different direction. Complete nonsense.

Now, the STH myth. Most christians, like adherents to most religions only know enough about their own religion to make them dangerous (see above posts). Crowley considered himself both The Beast 666 & the most evil man in the world, so, what did he himself mean by this??? Quite simply he meant he was against the established dogma of all religions, especially christianity which he found corrupt. During Victorian England, occultism was very popular among the elites of society (Crowley came from a wealthy family and had low level royal connections) and was considered part of the free thinking movement akin to 18th century France, Germany, and America. So, to really dumb it down for certain people, Crowley was saying, "I am against all your made up social stigmas, your religious doctrine which has no basis in either fact or doctrine source. I am here to show people YOU are the master of your own destiny, YOU are responsible for both good and bad in your life." That is what Crowley and his philosophy of Thelema believes.

If you really want to break STH down lyrically it means pretty much the following: When you are inexperienced in life material things are what is important. The world will try to deceive you with materialism, however if you ignore the BS around you and focus on the experience of life, accumulating wisdom, and loving your fellow human, you will find the right road to true salvation and liberation, that being freedom from material want.

So if you really need to look at the song with a spiritual intent it would be almost Buddhist in message, though the language and metaphor are distinctly pre-christian Celtic. Very benign and thus a true song of hope.

Archived