is stairway to heaven about somthing bad?

super_fly_16

I had another unfortunate discussion with the person called thezepguy about the "develishness" of Black Sabbath which ended in a large amount of insults from his side (thanks to the mods they got deleted).

Here he comes again with his weirdo logic to back up another newbie with some weird ideas (and the whole backmasking blather has been discussed to death already, many many times before........)

As I told this geezer before, it might just be the time to get a life, and since it seems that trolling is the thing these kind of personas do here, it would be nice that they would just dash off to where they came from. This isn't digi-kindergarten and I am becoming increasingly sick and tired of these raving lunatics. (Somehow it seems that I am not the only one here who has these feelings).

Bore 'em at another forum.

With regards from "a grumpy old senile fart"

No they did not, that is just your opinion presented as fact.

As Knebby pointed out Headly Grange NEVER, EVER belonged to Crowley or owned by Page, that would be Boleskine House on Loch Ness.

Once again your so called research is about as credible as you are.

Page did say it was haunted!

I DIDN"T

Aren't you just Hopeless ??? Grow up, a place filled with Thousands of Hardcore Zeppelin Fans are not going to stop listening to one of the greatest rock song ever made, because of an Unacceptable, Unproven, Bullshit theory made by an impostor, and put in a floppy Book. Stop Trying to convince us, If you're convinced with that theory or the "Mccartney is dead" theory, That's Up to you, now don't Start to raise Stupid Discussons that will lead you to nowhere. why don't you use that time to learn Something, or Listen To Some Beach Boys.

Well, it's not An accident, They Are Fucking Evil Satanist Cannibals From The Middle Earth .... Just Don't Listen To Them Ever Again Or They will Entice You Into Their World Full Of Black Magic And Exorsicm. Now Troll Away.

Aren't you just Hopeless ??? Grow up, a place filled with Thousands of Hardcore Zeppelin Fans are not going to stop listening to one of the greatest rock song ever made, because of an Unacceptable, Unproven, Bullshit theory made by an impostor, and put in a floppy Book. Stop Trying to convince us, If you're convinced with that theory or the "Mccartney is dead" theory, That's Up to you, now don't Start to raise Stupid Discussons that will lead you to nowhere. why don't you use that time to learn Something, or Listen To Some Beach Boys.

Well, it's not An accident, They Are Fucking Evil Satanist Cannibals From The Middle Earth .... Just Don't Listen To Them Ever Again Or They will Entice You Into Their World Full Of Black Magic And Exorsicm. Now Troll Away.

I NEVER FUCKING SAID TO STOP LISTENING TO THEM, I NEVER CRITICIZED THEM, I WAS MERELY STATING MY OPINION..

I LIKE THE SONG!! CAN'T YOU READ?

Geez people, just because someone has a different opinion than you, IT DOESN'T MAKE THEM A TROLL. You should really look up what an internet troll is.

I had another unfortunate discussion with the person called thezepguy about the "develishness" of Black Sabbath which ended in a large amount of insults from his side (thanks to the mods they got deleted).

Here he comes again with his weirdo logic to back up another newbie with some weird ideas (and the whole backmasking blather has been discussed to death already, many many times before........)

As I told this geezer before, it might just be the time to get a life, and since it seems that trolling is the thing these kind of personas do here, it would be nice that they would just dash off to where they came from. This isn't digi-kindergarten and I am becoming increasingly sick and tired of these raving lunatics. (Somehow it seems that I am not the only one here who has these feelings).

Bore 'em at another forum.

With regards from "a grumpy old senile fart"

CORRECTION: YOU INSULTED ME FIRST!

Man, I don't even know where to begin. The whole McCartney thing is such utter BS that anyone who believes he died in 66' and there is an imposter is looney. How does one first find a Paul McCartney look alike who can sing like Paul and be passed off to his friends and family as Paul. Then, how do you get this guy to have a similar amount of talent? Multi-intrumentalist who co-wrote most of Sgt. Pepper - Abby Road with Lennon? There is no way Ringo was writing that stuff and Harrison was in a completely different direction. Complete nonsense.

Now, the STH myth. Most christians, like adherents to most religions only know enough about their own religion to make them dangerous (see above posts). Crowley considered himself both The Beast 666 & the most evil man in the world, so, what did he himself mean by this??? Quite simply he meant he was against the established dogma of all religions, especially christianity which he found corrupt. During Victorian England, occultism was very popular among the elites of society (Crowley came from a wealthy family and had low level royal connections) and was considered part of the free thinking movement akin to 18th century France, Germany, and America. So, to really dumb it down for certain people, Crowley was saying, "I am against all your made up social stigmas, your religious doctrine which has no basis in either fact or doctrine source. I am here to show people YOU are the master of your own destiny, YOU are responsible for both good and bad in your life." That is what Crowley and his philosophy of Thelema believes.

If you really want to break STH down lyrically it means pretty much the following: When you are inexperienced in life material things are what is important. The world will try to deceive you with materialism, however if you ignore the BS around you and focus on the experience of life, accumulating wisdom, and loving your fellow human, you will find the right road to true salvation and liberation, that being freedom from material want.

So if you really need to look at the song with a spiritual intent it would be almost Buddhist in message, though the language and metaphor are distinctly pre-christian Celtic. Very benign and thus a true song of hope.

HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY WERE IN ON IT.

ALSO, WHEN DID I CLAIM TO BE A CHRISTIAN??

He joined Major Major and Jahfin up there. God have mercy on his soul.

Or actually he's probably in Ban-hel where he has to listen to Tempe 1977 all day long.

jahfin got banned sweet that guy was a asshole.

i think its to bad that people are getting into fights over this because it is a good song. i was just asking the questions about it because there is alot of stuff on the internet about the meaning of the song. i still think there is somthing sort of bad about the piper thing because that is how i feel about what the song says. i like the song and i hear it all the time but some older people must know more of what they were feeling when the song first came out before there was so many bad opinions about the meanings.

i think its to bad that people are getting into fights over this because it is a good song. i was just asking the questions about it because there is alot of stuff on the internet about the meaning of the song. i still think there is somthing sort of bad about the piper thing because that is how i feel about what the song says. i like the song and i hear it all the time but some older people must know more of what they were feeling when the song first came out before there was so many bad opinions about the meanings.

(Ode to lulziness)

The first time I listened to the song it gave me the urge to discuss it for 40 years in a row, because words have two meanings, sometimes.

Personally I think the song is about the migration of the sea urchin (Goniocidaris hystrix) as a symbol of the movement from point A to point B.

Piper Meaning and Definition

1. (n.) One who plays on a pipe, or the like, esp. on a bagpipe.
  2. (n.) See Pepper.
  3. (n.) A sea urchin (Goniocidaris hystrix) having very long spines, native of both the American and European coasts.
  4. (n.) A common European gurnard (Trigla lyra), having a large head, with prominent nasal projection, and with large, sharp, opercular spines.

Forget feelings, try facts. You sound very young and immature from your postings, may I suggest reading, learning, doing something called research to find answers instead of going with "feelings?" Try studying history, comparative religions, philosophy, and music to understand the meanings behind the symbols and language. It will be a profound journey you will not regret, and in the end you will have wisdom which others will cherish, seeking your insight. Most important is to remember the old saying, "Better to remain silent and have others think you ignorant than to speak and remove all doubt."

How old are you? :o

Those stuff are up to you to search and believe in what you think makes the most sense, Now, not all zeppelin songs are debatable like Stairway, so if your mind tells you that the song is bad, Don't Ask Questions !! Stop Listening To The Song Already !! Zepp made tons of other songs, it's Ok to be a fan that doesn't listen to stairway (Most of us don't anyway :)), Rot in hell if you're trolling, or have a very good day if you're being honest.

• 1 month later...

Archived