Visit to the UK

shaps

Good for you, sounds like a great getaway. I'd have to do some research to to think of some zeppelin related locations. I saw RAH from a tour bus. Even that was cool but I would have much rather had chance to go inside as a previous post mentioned. Are there any other iconic zeppelin venues?, Is Earls Court still there? I wonder if there are any Zeppelin related tour guides? I saw a story on the news a long time ago about a Beatles related tour guide.

Thanks for the tips and the link! It turns out, in "bronze" almost nothing, everything is still alive! Well, well... Maybe then fan clubs or night clubs, where young's try imitate or create in the same spirit? (although the idea to sit in silence of the Royal Albert Hall I also liked). Thanks!

• 6 months later...

I was recently bought a book called "Rock Atlas" whichh covers rock landmarks in the UK. I know there have been many threads suggesting places to visit so I haven't created a new one and decided to post here instead. I have taken the following from the book with a couple of extras that I know about. Anyone visiting the UK can choose which ones would be of interest - bearing in mind that some of these are now private houses. Hope this is of some use to Zep Heads who wish to visit the UK:

Hampshire (South East England):

Headley Grange: Where some of Zeppelin's best work was created. Also used by Fleedwood Mac, Genesis and others

Location: just south of the B3002, Liphook road, Headeley - post code GU35 8n

Note: when book was written this was a private house and Led Zeppelin fans have nicked the gates as they had Headley Grange written on them

Jimmy's Boat House at Pangbourne: Formed the bands early HQ up to 1975

Location: 4 Shooters Lane, Pangbourne post code RG8 7DU. Best viewed from the opposite side of the Thames - short walk from the village of Pangbourne (follow the Led Zep pilgrims!)

Clewer(Windsor) Old Mill House: former home of Jimmy Page (sold in 2004) where John Bonham died in 1980

Location: at the end of Mill Lane, Clewer Village (Taking the A332 through Windsor take the A308 Maidenhead Road then right into Clewer)

Other places in England:

John Bonham's grave:to be found at St Michael Churchyard, Rushock, Worcestershire, England

Note: the grave is in a public cemetary and the grave stone is normally surrounded by drums sticks

Plumpton Place (Kent): Jimmy's home from 1971 - 1980 - as seen in the film the Songs Remain the Same when he was playing a hurdy gurdy next to the property

Location: East of the church and Plimpton college. Post code BN7 3AF

Wales

Bron-Yr-Aur(apparently correct spelling not Bron-Y-Aur): Cottage where many songs from III were penned plus others

Location: leave the market town of Machynlleth heading north, turning left onto the A493 and then almost immediately right up a lane that climbs towards Bron-Yr-Aur post code SY20 8QA

Northern Ireland

Giants Causeway: Portballintrae, Northern Ireland. Used by Hipgnosis to create the Houses of the Holy cover

Location: less than 4 miles by road north-east of Portballintrae in County Antrim on the B147 at 44a Causeway Road. Post code BT57 8SU

Note: the castle featured on the inner sleeve is Dunluce Castle which is not far away between Portballintrae and Portrush.

• 1 year later...

Archived