Sweden 1968 - Liseberg Amusement Park

sam_webmaster

Liseberg Amusement Park

Gothenburg, Sweden. Sept. 15, 1968

wow, have never seen this one before...Not sure what amps Page is playing through....not the Ricky's....maybe Fender?...

Interesting- no mics on Bass drum, drums/cymbals or guitar amps...maybe a small hall ? or maybe that type of mic-ing was still not happening in 68....great photo

wow, have never seen this one before...Not sure what amps Page is playing through....not the Ricky's....maybe Fender?...

Interesting- no mics on Bass drum, drums/cymbals or guitar amps...maybe a small hall ? or maybe that type of mic-ing was still not happening in 68....great photo

Those cabinets are fender, either showman, bassman, or bandmaster. Probably bandmaster with 2x12's

The photo of the stage posted above was of the "Stora Scenen" stage. The "Yardbirds" played the "Stjarnscenen" stage at Liseberg Amusement Park on Sept. 15, 1968. Here's a photo of the Stjarnscenen stage and a photo of Jimi Hendrix on the same stage a year and three days earlier --- on Sept. 12, 1967 (Happy 70th birthday today Jimi!). I believe the Stjarnscenen stage no longer exists.

lisebergstjarnscenen-1.jpg

The posting of this photo made me go back and take a closer look at the other photo purported to be from this gig:

stockholm9-12-68.jpg

It is pretty clear from this photo that it is from a different gig based on the small drum riser and Bonham's different clothing. So what gig was this photo taken at? I'm almost positive it was taken on September 12, 1968 at the Stora Scenen, Grona Lund, Tivoli Garden in Stockholm, Sweden. I managed to find a venue photo taken in August 1968 of this venue. Notice that there's a small riser, similar vertical "seams" in the background, and flowers in the front of the stage:

stockholmgronalundtivoli-1.jpg

Archived