Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
sam_webmaster

Led Zeppelin's 'Celebration Day' live show to be aired on BBC2

Led Zeppelin's 'Celebration Day' live show to be aired on BBC2

Hour-long version of O2 concert to be aired on December 8

Led Zeppelin have confirmed that a recording their 2007 live show at London's 02 Arena will air on BBC2 next month.

An hour-long version of the concert captured for the band's Celebration Day DVD will be shown on BBC2 on December 8 at 10:45pm. The live album version of the show recently entered the Official Album Chart at number two, one place behind Rihanna's 'Unapologetic'.

Performing at the London's O2 Arena, the band's founding members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were joined by Jason Bonham - the son of their late drummer John Bonham, for a two-hour set, which included classics 'Whole Lotta Love,' 'Rock And Roll,' 'Kashmir,' and 'Stairway To Heaven'.

As many as 20 million people applied for tickets to the gig on December 10, 2007 - the band’s first headline show in 27 years – but only 18,000 were lucky enough to win in the lottery.

Celebration Day was given a general DVD release on November 19.

LedZeppelinCelebrationDay600Gb130912_0.jpg

http://www.nme.com/n...-zeppelin/67423

Great, but I wish BBC2 or BBC4 would do a full Zep night - especially with a new documentary, like the Bowie/Thin Lizzy/Elton ones they've shown recently etc. Jimmy quite often appears in new BBC music docs (how the Brits took America for example) so I'm hopeful!

Great, but I wish BBC2 or BBC4 would do a full Zep night - especially with a new documentary, like the Bowie/Thin Lizzy/Elton ones they've shown recently etc. Jimmy quite often appears in new BBC music docs (how the Brits took America for example) so I'm hopeful!

Definitely agree with you on this

Would be great ... in the meantime BBC World News and BBC News Channel are planning a Zep Christmas Day ... well, a bit...

^ oh not seen that truth and beauty, will check the listings.

Can we all write to the BBC asking for a documentary :)?

DURATION: 1 HOUR

Led Zeppelin reformed for one night only at London's O2 on 10 December 2007 to show one more time why they are one of Britain's greatest ever rock and roll bands. Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham, stepping in for his late father, revisited the classic catalogue in all its sonic glory in honour of Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun.

Tracks performed in this special edit for the BBC include Whole Lotta Love, Kashmir, Dazed & Confused and Black Dog

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pc1nz

I remember there bit of a Plant night in 2010 when the myself and I documentary was on, this was bbc 2

^^I remember that, had the old video recorder primed and ready for that (am I the only one who still has one???)

Would been fab if the beeb could do a Led Zeppelin night, maybe over Christmas which would be better

Good Times Bad Times

Ramble On

Black Dog

For Your Life

Since I've Been Loving You

Dazed & Confused

Whole Lotta Love

Kashmir

That was the set list in that order. No Stairway! How refreshing! :)

Yep, that's the setlist. What interests me is why W.L.L was moved from encore to before Kashmir? Also, who chose those particular 8 songs? Is that the only possible selection of songs that would fill the allotted time? Songtitles on the screen? So many questions....