Which Zep album has the best cover art and why?

rustyintegrale

I love the art/cover work on Houses of the Holy. It has this mystical other world feeling to it.

It expands on that nicely when you open the album up to the center artwork. The colors are great too.

The sentimentality of this being the first Zeppelin album I bought also influences my judgement. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i'm not a huge fan of it either. mothership even less .....

Neither is on the same plain of awfulness as the Early Days/Latter Days set.

Hard to choose, but since it sums up Zeppelin's music so well(modern yet rustic) I'll go with IV/Zoso/Untitled/Runes

• 2 weeks later...

On the subjust of the latest covers (Mothership/Celebration Day) I agree with the above post on the lack of shall we say "imagination" They seem to be basic to a fault and not a good "blend' of the colours used. Now right up, I myself could do no better so I am thankful we have something to hold in our hands even it it was just and old brown cover with " Pb " :)) I just wish they had made us "think" just a bit more. My 2cents.

• 1 month later...

Definitely Led Zepp III as the kaleidoscope thingy was so exciting. There were pictures of Carmen Plant when she was little and all different pictures of the band. Great album too, when I first put it on the turntable and heard "We come from the land of the ice and snow" I was enraptured.

Archived