Is anyone annoyed by reducing &/or talking over the credits on tv shows or films ?

weslgarlic

Is anyone annoyed by reducing into a small window &/or talking over the credits on tv shows or films ?

I know they all do it , but i find iratating ,

Its both an insult to tv show producers ,they people who worked on the show and the person/s who wrote &/0r performed the piece of music in question.

I love Frasier , but everytime Channel 4 show it they get someone to talk over the theme tune at the end , Which i more iratating than informative.

In the Uk ,the bbc has a show called "white van man" every week they end on a different tune , ie AC/DC, Motorhead, the specials , madness etc etc ,but they talk over them , many new viewers may not have heard the song in question.

BBC'S " Royle Family " had a rare Oasis song " Half The World Away" every week ruined by voice overs.

All channels seemed to do it at the end of films , again sometimes a chance to hear music for the first time or rare music.

I just wish they'd all stop it.I have not met anyone who likes talking over credits.

Too right.. it's a real pain in the arse. I don't need some fuckwit telling me what's on next or later, I already know. Like you mentioned some programmes have some really good tunes playing out over the credits, [like the Sopranos did for instance)..

yes! i really hate that! and i also hate it when radio djs don't announce the song! come on! i need to know at least before or after the song ( both would be better ... ) so many times i have listened to a song and thought"' hmm, wonder what artist that is, might check out some more of their stuff .. ''

Very annoying indeed! I guess they're trying to squeeze out every possible second for advertising by compressing the credits.

The other extreme to this are shows like "Law& Order" that roll the beginning credits a full 10+ minutes in to the show. That's just as annoying.

Is anyone annoyed by reducing into a small window &/or talking over the credits on tv shows or films ?

I know they all do it , but i find iratating ,

Its both an insult to tv show producers ,they people who worked on the show and the person/s who wrote &/0r performed the piece of music in question.

I love Frasier , but everytime Channel 4 show it they get someone to talk over the theme tune at the end , Which i more iratating than informative.

In the Uk ,the bbc has a show called "white van man" every week they end on a different tune , ie AC/DC, Motorhead, the specials , madness etc etc ,but they talk over them , many new viewers may not have heard the song in question.

BBC'S " Royle Family " had a rare Oasis song " Half The World Away" every week ruined by voice overs.

All channels seemed to do it at the end of films , again sometimes a chance to hear music for the first time or rare music.

I just wish they'd all stop it.I have not met anyone who likes talking over credits.

It's the broadcaster's way of shoving in extra ad/promo seconds, a money grab essentially, and it's coming close to violating contracts that state how and when production credits are displayed. I know this because I'm a film agent and we are careful to ensure that our clients receive proper billing.

Is this the place to ask if there has ever been a proper documentary film made of Led Zep? Not fictional, based on, etc. but a serious look at the performers, their contribution then and now individually to music? I really liked It Might Get Loud, and thought that was a brilliant idea to profile 3 generations of guitarists, each epitomizing their era.

It really pisses me off, especially if I see someone in a film and I think I know them, I like to look at the end credits, but the bastards always push to them to one side of the screen so they are so small that you can't read them.Whilst some moron tells you about some forthcoming programe.

:yesnod:

Is this the place to ask if there has ever been a proper documentary film made of Led Zep? Not fictional, based on, etc. but a serious look at the performers, their contribution then and now individually to music? I really liked It Might Get Loud, and thought that was a brilliant idea to profile 3 generations of guitarists, each epitomizing their era.

Never been a documentary about the band - officially. Criminal really.

Archived