Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones to give rare interview on 'Letterman'

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

led-zeppelin_510x317.jpg

The revered rock band’s three surviving members — Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, and current Rolling Stone cover boy Jimmy Page — have been confirmed for a rare TV interview on The Late Show With David Letterman next week, EW can exclusively announce.

The Led Zep vets have been spending a fair amount of time together lately as they promote this month’s Celebration Day, the DVD/CD version of the reunion-ish concert that they staged in London back in 2007. And as we reported last month, the trio’s encounter with the press resulted in “politely terse” to “cheekily hostile” interactions, especially regarding the question of a band reunion. All of this should hopefully make their chat with Dave an interesting one.

The interview will air on Monday, Dec. 3 — which, in fact, is the day after both Letterman and the Led Zep members will be honored at the 35th Annual Kennedy Center Honors in Washington, D.C. The ceremony itself will air on CBS on Dec. 26.

http://music-mix.ew....rman-interview/

Hope Letterman keeps his initial schtick to a minimum and puts forth reasonable questions that allow the guys to experience a comfortable dialogue. Would be cool if they were on the entire show sans other guests.

I can picture Paul Shaffer salivating and coming unglued hoping that they'll sit in for a tune or two... fuck it... have 'em play an album's worth and screw the interview.

Robert has been a guest of Daves' for many times-solo career, and they get along quite well, which was probably a lot of help in this. Before this internet thing, the only fresh view of Robert on American tv was on Daves' show, and it was a big deal....at least to me at the time.

Robert has been a guest of Daves' for many times-solo career, and they get along quite well, which was probably a lot of help in this. Before this internet thing, the only fresh view of Robert on American tv was on Daves' show, and it was a big deal....at least to me at the time.

I was thinking the same thing... also Paul Schaffer (Letterman's bandleader) sat in with The Honeydrippers.

I'm not sure if he was on the album, but he did appear on Saturday Night Live with Robert and Brian Setzer.

Here's the Yahoo News version of this story:

Led Zeppelin will Reunite - for "Letterman" interview

d0c3eb8ca18907492a4b337b5cec5193.jpegBy Tim Kenneally | Reuters – 2 hours 27 minutes ago

RELATED CONTENT

• 2012-11-30T231134Z_1_CBRE8AT1SFD00_RTROPTP_2_MUSIC-US-LEDZEPPELIN-LETTERMAN.JPGView Photo
    Musician Robert Plant, lead singer of British rock band Led Zeppelin, performs during …

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - The surviving members of Led Zeppelin will make a rare appearance together on "Late Show With David Letterman" on December 3, CBS said Friday.

Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones will drop in on the late-night show for an interview - which isn't quite the reunion that Zep fans have been patiently waiting for, but it might have to do. With the exception of a one-off tribute concert for Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun at London's O2 Arena in 2007 - which was released as the DVD "Celebration Day" in October - Jones has largely been estranged from Page and Plant since the group's 1980 breakup following drummer John Bonham's death.

The "Late Show" appearance won't be the only time that Letterman hangs out with the rock legends - the group, along with Letterman, will be lauded at the 35th Annual Kennedy Center Honors in Washington, D.C., which will take place December 2 and air December 26 on CBS.

Archived