Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones to give rare interview on 'Letterman'

sam_webmaster

i am sorry but I never liked Letterman and still like him less after last night. Did you find his ill attempts at humour funny? I did not. I liked it when JPJ told him he would not belong in the band. Never liked Letterman, woulld rather they were on Leno. I cant believe some of the stupid shit he said to them. This is Led Zeppeliin you idiot. I did not think he was respectful enough. Just my opinion. And he would never appreciate meeting a guy like Jimmy Page like most of us.

i am sorry but I never liked Letterman and still like him less after last night. Did you find his ill attempts at humour funny? I did not. I liked it when JPJ told him he would not belong in the band. Never liked Letterman, woulld rather they were on Leno. I cant believe some of the stupid shit he said to them. This is Led Zeppeliin you idiot. I did not think he was respectful enough. Just my opinion. And he would never appreciate meeting a guy like Jimmy Page like most of us.

I have to agree with you Rick. I thought Letterman was almost condesending at times and at best, ill prepared . Never the less, I thought the guy`s handled themselves with their usual class and wit.

I have to agree with you Rick. I thought Letterman was almost condesending at times and at best, ill prepared . Never the less, I thought the guy`s handled themselves with their usual class and wit.

Letterman sets a bad example for Americans. But I know Robert and Jimmy are aware we are not all like him.

let me guess....you "strongly dislike" in through the out door....not rock n' roll enough for you.....and other things....

My husband woke me up to watch the show as I fell asleep.

I loved that JPJ sat next to Dave. At first I thought,"oh, no!", but it turned out well! We got to see JPJ's wonderful sense of humor!

My husband's humor is exactly like JPJ's. He is very quiet, doesn't speak up much, but then he comes up with very funny comments about things at the most opportune moments.

Dave did seem to be nervous interviewing them. I think that Jimmy tried to help him out a bit in a couple of instances. I loved Jimmy's enthusiasm in talking about the old blues masters, and how passionate he was in talking about the "Stairway" performance at the Kennnedy Center.

Robert looked fantastic and I think that he held back a bit to let the other two have a bit of the spotlight and I really respect him for it. He is very cleaver and articulate and It would have been a bit different interview if Robert sat next to Dave, but he possibly would have been asked "the question", who knows.

They all did a great job! Love you, guys!

I couldn't make this up. I have been waiting, like all of us, for this show to air. My DVR was set days ago. Yesterday afternoon I called regarding my cable bill and had the proper adjustments made.I was assured no changes were made to my service package. I went to sleep last night anticipating waking up early and watching the show via DVR. I turned on the TV this morning to find my "Digital Package Discontinued." Turns out the cable rep lowered my bill, but she also mistakenly killed my DVR service, hence the show didn't record. I told her why I was upset and she replied, "I hope this doesn't make you even madder, but I watched it and it was GREAT!" Sooooo, thanks much to those that have posted show here.

jimmy fallon would have been a better interviewer, regrettably his show is on so late and naturally therefore has lower viewership than Letterman. Still, funny funny interview, just fallon would have done better as he's a giant music fan and in general does great with his musical artist based interviews.

It was decent. I would've liked it if Letterman, (whose not a terrible host) had asked questions that were a little more original and on the point. I wonder if Jimmy secretly rolls his eyes every time he's asked about when Bonzo died and if they ever thought of getting another drummer. I can't count the times I've seen him or the others get asked that question. That question about if they jammed with other musicians was stupid. If they had, we certainly would've known about it without you having ask, David! On a different note, Jonesy was much more snide than I thought he would be. Maybe getting top billing in Celebration Day and on all Celebration Day merch and whatnot has changed something in him. Oh well, he was funny enough, anyway. And I don't know why, but I kept feeling like Robert was going to say something either kinda fucked up or that nobody would get the whole time, but I guess that's more a case of my own paranoia than anything else. All in all, a decent and enjoyable, if not brief interview that ultimately felt somewhat rushed. Personally, 7/10. If you want a good interview, read Jimmy's new interview in the new Rolling Stone issue.

All in all, a decent and enjoyable, if not brief interview that ultimately felt somewhat rushed. Personally, 7/10. If you want a good interview, read Jimmy's new interview in the new Rolling Stone issue.

The Letterman appearance - as well as Jimmy's Rolling Stone interview - are mass media forums geared towards casual fans. Though I found both to be enjoyable, as I expected neither told me anything I didn't already know.

I thought it was a really nice segment. Not at all awkward like the audience member made it sound.

Indeed! I had reservations about watching it after reading that text. But it was not uncomfortable at all.

Amen brother!!!!!!! Letterman was lame. I was wondering if he's ever in his life listened to a Zeppelin song in its entirety? Probaby years ago, when one would come on, he was probably the one changing the channel or turning it way down. Probably never liked Zeppelin because Rolling Stone didnt like Zeppelin. Hey Dave, you are in the presence of greatness you dork, do some homework. I'm glad JPJ was able to zing him a couple of times. Priceless! At the end when Letterman said something about joining a/the band and JPJ said "NO" was great! Loved it!!!! And Jimmy rolling his eyes to Plant, like 'Who is this clown?' (referring to Letterman). I would have rather seen David's next guest interview them. He's a fan and knew more about the band than David.

Edited:

OK, I guess I have to cut Letterman some slack. Just re-watched the interview and he was professional and funny and did seem to have a good repoire with the guys. They brought him up to their level. ;-) I still get the feeling that his knowledge and listening of Zeppelin's music is very limited or nil.

Amen brother!!!!!!! Letterman was lame. I was wondering if he's ever in his life listened to a Zeppelin song in its entirety? Probaby years ago, when one would come on, he was probably the one changing the channel or turning it way down. Probably never liked Zeppelin because Rolling Stone didnt like Zeppelin. Hey Dave, you are in the presence of greatness you dork, do some homework. I'm glad JPJ was able to zing him a couple of times. Priceless! At the end when Letterman said something about joining a/the band and JPJ said "NO" was great! Loved it!!!! And Jimmy rolling his eyes to Plant, like 'Who is this clown?' (referring to Letterman). I would have rather seen David's next guest interview them. He's a fan and knew more about the band than David.

Letterman sucks and always did. Why didnt Jay Leno get them? i know Alec Baldwin was thrilled to be with them. He is a huge Zepp fan.

jimmy fallon would have been a better interviewer

Fallon would be the only talk show host that would get them to perform - and he would join in ....with an OK from John Paul Jones.

The Letterman interview was a good one considering how tricky it is to interview the three of them with only a 10 minute time slot.

Letterman is a fan, obviously, he's had Plant as a guest many times.

I love Dave. I'm soooo happy he was honored this weekend at the Kennedy Center. I think the interview last night was fun. This is a late night comedy show, people. There will be no in depth interviews with musicians. Take it for what it is and enjoy it.

And just to fan the fire, I think Leno is a tool. I do like Fallon and Ferguson.

Agree with all the comments for those who enjoyed it! Even some of the less-than-perfect moments made for good TV. (Robert's WTF? look when Dave didn't know Sonny Boy Williamson. Perfect!)

Robert was charmingly sly as usual. (I think someone mentioned he looked stout but I actually thought he wore that tux this weekend very well. Even better than - dare I say it- Jimmy!)

Jimmy was moving around in his seat like a little kid - as someone mentioned - excited to talk about music and very generous about the performances.

JPJ-the best. Just like at the press conferences -his one-liners were the highlight. He was a perfect foil for Dave's goofy. (Mick Wall has it all wrong.)

And thank you for whoever posted the video!

jimmy fallon would have been a better interviewer, regrettably his show is on so late and naturally therefore has lower viewership than Letterman. Still, funny funny interview, just fallon would have done better as he's a giant music fan and in general does great with his musical artist based interviews.

David Letterman received the Kennedy Award as well on Sunday, so it made sense that they went on his show.

Letterman did a pretty good interview, But referring to the Late John Bonham as "the drummer who died" or something pretty close to that was very awkward.... the old foot in the mouth... The band shook it off though and Jimmy answered the question very well.

I haven't watched Letterman in years. He was pretty funny last night. The guest right after them was great, very respectful of Zeppelin and funny.

It was nice, about what I expected,

Still,Robert keeps attacking Jones.

'But he's a verry good bass player'

'It's so good that Jones is sitting next to you,Dave'-'Speak for yourself'

Maybe it's nothing but that didn't sit too well with me.

Maybe even some jelousy that Jones held his court.

The fact that he wanted to set Jones up (you can see Jimmy and Robert share a few words when Rob set there)

Or maybe it was all just a little bit of fun-

I don't know,I had some wine

Archived