The Bands 'Body Language"

^ Yeah, man. I really liked the way they stayed tight together. That's what a band does. It was one of the most hopeful signs that this was something more than for the fans because if it was just for the fans then it really probably will be 'We gave it ya'. But the togetherness will linger and, in time, will pull them into its spell.

BELIEVE!

From my view it took the first couple of songs for them to relax, but they were all drawn to Jason and there were some lovely moments. I thought Robert stood back a number of times and lets the boys get on with it, which is great. Overall my impression was of them having a great time and the sound they made was 10/10. JPJ was also an absolute star.

There is no hiding in Zep just the four of them on stage and little technology unlike like a lot of current bands using things like pro tools and other triggered loops etc.

I was very very impressed, probably the best gig I have been to and I do go to one or two!

Vids and photo's here.

http://www.team-skinny-racing.com/

Cheers

Warby

He's not going to do a Keith Richards and start strumming up and down gang the planks. If he's not doing the occasional duck walk, theremin demonstration or stomping on a foot pedal, he's going to stay in the vicinity of his sweet spot.

For some reason the 'duck walk' comment cracked me up. I've been looking for the right words to describe that walk/dance for a while, I think you did it. A perfect example of it was during Kashmir. It's so spontaneous the way he does it too. But very cool indeed.

Absolutely agree, it was amazing to see them perform so close together. At times it seemed like they forgot that there were 20 000 pairs of eyes watching their every move, like they were just playing in a small studio back in '68.

Well someone on the board has kind of got it down in pictures, pasting a pic of the O2 together with a pic from Madison Sq. The same 'close together' thing but judging from the clips I've seen A LOT MORE eye contact than back then. Again, good signs.

I'm thinking right now on something which is 'Do you think amongst the band's families and friends there is ANYONE AT ALL who's not saying 'You should do it again!'???

Just a nice thought....

Absolutely agree, it was amazing to see them perform so close together. At times it seemed like they forgot that there were 20 000 pairs of eyes watching their every move, like they were just playing in a small studio back in '68.

For some reason the 'duck walk' comment cracked me up. I've been looking for the right words to describe that walk/dance for a while, I think you did it. A perfect example of it

It is a duck walk, but check out films of Chuck Berry's performances in the '50s. He's the

originator, so far as I know. Also, there is a famous Led Zeppelin bootleg vinyl album from the '77 tour titled "Duckwalks And Lazers".

Yeah but Marty McFly did it first.

It is a duck walk, but check out films of Chuck Berry's performances in the '50s. He's the

originator, so far as I know. Also, there is a famous Led Zeppelin bootleg vinyl album from the '77 tour titled "Duckwalks And Lazers".

Not to be confused with that right-legged hop forward Jimmy often does. And I think

he's the originator of that.

It's funny, even his natural, offstage walk is, for lack of a better word, unusual. Not

so much a stride as a slinky, slouching step forward.

I was at the front row, and they were loving it, i think twice they hugged one another.

although it had to be said that jonesy joining in looked like an after thought!

They looked thoroughly intent with what they were doing, but what struck me was that they didn't seem too emotional about leaving the stage. As if to say:

"We're not done with this just yet."

The amount of eye contact i got of ALL the band members was fantastic! Jonesy gave me a grin.

Jimmy smiled at me when he mucked up a bit.

Robert pointed to his eye at us when me and my sis were getting teary eyed!

Fantastic.

A lot of people think Jonesy is kind of out of things in the band but I actually caught him and Robert having a kiss and it looked like the tongue was going in.

Trust me, this band have never been closer.

I was at the front row, and they were loving it, i think twice they hugged one another.

One thing that really struck me was the relationship between Jonesy and Jimmy. Jonesy was really focussed and concentrating on what Jimmy was doing - very supportive.

At the final bow jason got down on his hands and knees to "worship" them. Jimmy gave him playful whack across the head - almost as if to say - you did really well and you are one of us, on the team.

He did do it, and we are to believe young Chuck imitated him. That's great movie. I was

glad to see Michael J. Fox was in attendance at the 02.

You are like a living LZ encyclopedia.

Do you have photographic memory or something?

You made a comment about JP being a little nervous and I am inclined to agree. He did seem to relax after awhile (from the limited exposure I had with the Tube clips)

I can't even begin to imagine the pressure they all must of felt.

They looked thoroughly intent with what they were doing, but what struck me was that they didn't seem too emotional about leaving the stage. As if to say:

"We're not done with this just yet."

The amount of eye contact i got of ALL the band members was fantastic! Jonesy gave me a grin.

Jimmy smiled at me when he mucked up a bit.

Robert pointed to his eye at us when me and my sis were getting teary eyed!

Fantastic.

This is nice to hear.

I wasn't there, but it seemed like in the main video for Black Dog, RP looked like he was struggling to belt out the notes.

Well, I remember in the Page/Plant tours he would sing the bare minimum during Black Dog, just holding out the mic to the audience. Same here with the addition of the downtuning. I think this is a song he doesn't have a lot of enthusiasm for anymore.

Gee, I donno. What do you think?

led-zeppelin-colour28.jpg

I did get the feeling for a brief moment earlier in the concert that RP looked like he would have rather of been somewhere else but other then that, I think they had a great evening together.

What a beautiful smile robert has in this pic...he's smiling at jason and looks very happy.

Nice photo!

It's strange that you bring up this question, Hotplant, but actually I felt quite the same when I first saw the clips on YouTube. You can evidently see Robert enjoying himself at times, but still, something's missing. He's too reserved. When I heard the news that they are going to perform together and subsequently learned that the forum moved from Electric Magic to the official site I said to myself - that's it, Percy got into it again, they are going on tour. Now, I'm not sure about it anymore...

I think Plant said it all during a recent Charlie Rose interview with Alison Krauss: "This is a great way to retire (playing with Alison Krauss)." After seeing him at the 02, smiling a whole lot less than he used to, I think he would rather be moving forward and doing his new music rather than heavy metal Zeppelin at age 59. I hate to say this, as I would love to see a Zeppelin tour. But I am afraid that the Dec. 10 gig was the last act for Led Zeppelin. I can't say that I blame him. He really has created a whole new career for himself - one that will enable him to age more gracefully than a reunion tour would allow. Whatever you choose, Robert, we love ya!

^ Actually what Jimmy said as he whacked Bonzo Junior was 'You're sacked!' That and a comment by Percy to 'Dave' in the audience strongly suggests Grohl is on the tour.

"Dave" is one of his closest mates who was in the crowd.

If Robert's body language was at all strained in the evening put it down to that.

willibee70, we weren't as close as you but off to the side of the stage in the first set of seats on Jimmy's side. I thought they sounded better then when we saw them in the 70's and it looked to me as though there were lots of smiles all around also like they were having fun - especially during Kashmir.

I think the grin that's stuck on my face will last well into next year :D

After seeing him at the 02, smiling a whole lot less than he used to, I think he would rather be moving forward and doing his new music rather than heavy metal Zeppelin at age 59. I hate to say this, as I would love to see a Zeppelin tour. But I am afraid that the Dec. 10 gig was the last act for Led Zeppelin. I can't say that I blame him. He really has created a whole new career for himself - one that will enable him to age more gracefully than a reunion tour would allow.

Those are pretty much my thoughts too, I think.

Gee, I donno. What do you think?

led-zeppelin-colour28.jpg

I did get the feeling for a brief moment earlier in the concert that RP looked like he would have rather of been somewhere else but other then that, I think they had a great evening together.

Love this pic! I think it captures just what the gig must have meant to these guys.

....Hey does anyone know what that piece of gear is between Plant's two monitors at the front of the stage? Is that a teleprompter??!!

Archived