When did Led Zep play Bingley Hall Birmingham?

Mac1966

A friend of mine is adamant she saw Led Zep in the 70s play New Bingley Hall in Birmingham. She even recalls the gig originally being scheduled for the Town Hall but was moved to Bingley as it was bigger.

However can find no trace online of this gig.

She even tried the venue but all historical records were lost in a fire.

Does anyone know when this gig took place?

Many thanks

The Town Hall was the home of the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra from 1920 until 1991 when it transferred to the newly built Symphony Hall. It has also been used as a venue for a wide variety of events: political meetings (Lloyd George escaped rioting 1901 disguised as a policeman), youth rallies (eg. Boys Brigade), music concerts (Ravi Shankar), schools drama and music, and pop groups (eg. The Jackson Five, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Steeleye Span). The inside was used as London's Royal Albert Hall in Mark Herman's 1996 film Brassed Off. This Grade I Listed building was closed in 1998 for refurbishment and reopened in 2007.

At least there's evidence on the official website, http://billdargue.jimdo.com/placenames-gazetteer-a-to-y/places-b/birmingham-the-city-centre/ .

I couldn't find anything else, hope this helped :D

Found this about the Bingley hall

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bingley_Hall

Staffordshire has a Bingley hall which became a concert venue in the 70's holding about 5-6000 people but Zep never played there. The venue is a farming showground and the hall is really an enormous cattle shed. It's about 3 miles outside of Stafford town and about 30 miles north of Birmingham.The acoustics were rubbish. In 1971 Zep were due to play The Place nightclub in Stoke on Trent but this venue was switched to Trentham gardens in the same city. One of the reasons was that The Place was too small for the bands equipment by that time. They had played the venue before and in 1973 Zep returned to Trentham which was my first Zep show.

BIngley hall in Stafford no longer holds concerts but I did see The Eagles, The Who, Zappa, Bob Marley, Bowie, Yes, Floyd, F Mac and many other bands there.

The Trentham Gardens concert hall no longer exists but was Stokes biggest venue at the time and I saw The Stones, ELP, Floyd, T Rex, Yes and many other bands there, It held about 2-3000 people.

It is now a garden centre.

Found this about the Bingley hall

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Bingley_Hall

Staffordshire has a Bingley hall which became a concert venue in the 70's holding about 5-6000 people but Zep never played there. The venue is a farming showground and the hall is really an enormous cattle shed. It's about 3 miles outside of Stafford town and about 30 miles north of Birmingham.The acoustics were rubbish. In 1971 Zep were due to play The Place nightclub in Stoke on Trent but this venue was switched to Trentham gardens in the same city. One of the reasons was that The Place was too small for the bands equipment by that time. They had played the venue before and in 1973 Zep returned to Trentham which was my first Zep show.

BIngley hall in Stafford no longer holds concerts but I did see The Eagles, The Who, Zappa, Bob Marley, Bowie, Yes, Floyd, F Mac and many other bands there.

The Trentham Gardens concert hall no longer exists but was Stokes biggest venue at the time and I saw The Stones, ELP, Floyd, T Rex, Yes and many other bands there, It held about 2-3000 people.

It is now a garden centre.

Didn't this come up on the old site? I'm sure the answer was they did not.

Archived