121212 The Concert For Sandy Relief

Reggie29

It's a shame neither Jimmy, Robert nor JPJ participated in this big benefit concert. Even a speaking slot/non-performance appearance, either by one or all, would have been noteworthy.

I am wondering if Robert or Jimmy were approached? They were in NY very recently. With that asshole Letterman. I am still buzzing over the Who's performance. Well, at least part of the Who. The main two but the trubute to Moon was fabulous. Bell Boy.

This is a very tongue-in-check (extra emphasis), very funny review for those who watched.

http://www.vulture.c...assic-rock.html

The Who outdid the Stones going away. Is this guy for real?

And I must add yes its disappointing, AS USUAL, that Led Zeppelin remains away from the limelight once again. This is one time they should have made an exception. They know all of those guys. Clapton, The Who, Stones. What is the problem?

TONGUE-IN-CHEEK = it's not meant to be taken as a serious review but something that would make most people chuckle.

If you are going to print it, make it sensible. Does anyone think the Stones were as good as the Who or put their hearts into it like the Who? I did not see any pics of Brian Jones or Mick Taylor on the screen. Just Moony who deserved to get that tribute.

Another missing in action, The Eagles. Henley

point taken your probably right, if it hadnt been for the Beatles music would all have ended in the early 60s, now theres a thought, god bless Macca!

Do I detect sarcasm? Music would have continued without the Beatles, but but we wouldn't have such masterpieces as Sgt. Pepper, Revolver, and Abbey Road. Let's see how you well you can get up on a stage and perform when you are 70 YEARS OLD. Sir Paul performs remarkably well for his age, and people should appreciate that more. I read all kinds of negative reviews online after he played Hey Jude at the Olympics closing ceremony, all because he made one mistake at the beginning of the song. If Macca wants to perform, he should certainly be able to, after all he has contributed to music. Chuck Berry is still performing and he's 86, and no one complains about him. Even though he can't play very well anymore, he should still be able to play for people. He influenced almost every rock guitarist after him! Paul can still play and sing very well, but for some reason, people complain because he's not perfect. You can't find many bands who weren't influenced by the Beatles in some way. I'm sure even Led Zeppelin was! It's really ticks me off when people complain about Sir Paul still playing. Even though he can't sing as well as he used to, it doesn't negate everything he's done before. If he wants to perform live, he sure as heck has the right.

Not much mention here of Kayne.....Man, he was great, wasn't he..... :rolleyes:

Did anyone else sense disaster before it happened?

That guys a fuckin joke.

And yes, I thought The Who (as they still call themselves) were good.

I have never been a big Stones fan, but I wish they would have played longer. Someone told me they did a quick set because they played for free...any truth to that?

That guys a fuckin joke.

I have never been a big Stones fan, but I wish they would have played longer. Someone told me they did a quick set because they played for free...any truth to that?

It kills me how they kept advertising McCartney. The damn Who and many other acts there are monsters too. I am glad the Who played long and played material from both classic rock opera's and did the tribute to Moon. Long overdue.

That guys a fuckin joke.

I think the Who were great but they ought to call themselves The Two now.

Archived