Why In Through The Out Door is a GREAT album

I liked the blonde girl from Abba....tough to say if the two in crisis had gottten it together in time what would have happened ITTOD at the time in HS seemed like a let down but it has some great sonds on there and i appreciate it a lot more now...Page never like All my love? Did he say that at the time or now?...chemicals can cloud judgement...

Hey Dallas, any chance of getting Achilles Last Stand and Rain Song in that quality?!

Pretty please...

'tis possible- just put it on my to do list. I will flac them this weekend from the audiophile LPs and check it out... haven't tore open the hermetic seal in about 20 years on HTH and Presence. I am interested to hear how they compare to "I'm Gonna Crawl" since I consider the quality to be above exceptional. Thank you for the suggestion Elderer and glad you enjoyed it.

I like this album but like many have said I would LOVE a chance to remix it! Jimmy's guitar is turned down so low I can hardly hear him. But this was the fashion at the time, Fripp's guitar is buried on Exposure ('79) and Discipline ('81).

Ditto.

However, I do wonder whether he's deliberately that low in the mix because some of his playing was a little ropey.... Pages guitar work did seem to be more reliant on experience over actual practice in the last few years of Zep (I am SO going to get flamed for saying this....).

Rain Song

No Quarter Click the link and listen =====> https://soundcloud.c...-and-no-quarter

FLAC from 200g LP

I agree with woz70 that the mix on ITTOD is wonky by design and necessity, drums isolated in a tupperware and panel box, guitar same and noisy...

***SOUNDCLOUD*** is blocking this upload. I have sent them a variance request.

Edited by Dallas Knebs

Rain Song

No Quarter Click the link and listen =====> https://soundcloud.c...-and-no-quarter

FLAC from 200g LP

I agree with woz70 that the mix on ITTOD is wonky by design and necessity, drums isolated in a tupperware and panel box, guitar same and noisy...

***SOUNDCLOUD*** is blocking this upload. I have sent them a variance request.

Oh I see.

Still thank you very much for actually doing it! I've asked a lot of people with good rigs but they always said no. :-/

• 4 weeks later...

ITTOD and PRESENCE were the two albums that i bought as they were released, as i was old enough by that time,

it was exciting waiting for them to be released :)

oops edited to add, i love ITTOD ( and hot dog! )

if you still have ITTOD the inner jackets are water color paintable

It's one of my favorites but not for all the reasons the TC said. I don't care for Carouselambra. To me it is annoying and repetitive. I love all the rest of the songs though. Even the underrated South Bound Suarez which is a very solid Led Zeppelin Track that's better than any of the comparable "lesser" songs from Physical Graffiti and Presence. Lyrically Fool in the Rain is my favorite Led Zeppelin song. How can you beat lines like "Well there's a light in your eyes that keeps shining/ like a star that can't wait for the night"? And bonzo - that drum beat - is legendary. All My Love is also lyrically superb. I'm Gonna Crawl is a bone chilling blues number that moves me every time. To me Led Zeppelin was just as amazing on their last album as their first.

this album together with Presence, really show how the band were progressing-giving us something sonically that no one else could or would ever come close to. I LOVE every damn song-on every record. I cant pick a favorite,just as I cant pick a favorite child(each is unique & wonderful). I can & do Nitpick about other bands. when it comes to ZEPPELIN,I have nothing but love & the utmost respect. The only gripe I could have,would be that I wish there was More....

With the possible exception of Lucifer Rising, ITTOD is the nadir of JP's career, IMO.

Sadly i have to agree! I bought this the day it was released back in Aug '79 and after hearing it i felt like throwing up in the brown paper bag it came in! Page is nowhere on this album! What little guitar is on it is really low in the mix. It does'nt even sound like a Zep album to me - weak uninspired songs, no trademark crunchy guitars, drums that sound like soggy cardboard boxes and overladen with rubbish sounding synths! It hurts me to say it but it's a blot on the greatest musical legacy ever!

Anyone who thinks this is a great album is deluded - sorry just my personal opinion!

The problem is that for any other band, ITTOD would be a fantastic album - its just that Zeppelin set the bar so freaking high! But to their credit they rarely felt the need to top themselves.

So for me, ITTOD ends up sounding inferior in many ways. I am one of those that loves Hot Dog now, its just brilliant, funny, warm and smiling all the way through. But SBS and IGC I can do without, sorry I just don't 'get' Crawl, and like Tea for One of Presence, it will for me always be a poor comparison to the mighty Since I've Been Loving You. Controversial, but hey that's the way I feel about it.

I did a review of ITTOD that not all of you will like, but hey at least its a starting point for discussion. I wouldn't call it a great album, but I certainly wouldnt say that others who think so are "deluded", its all personal taste. The problem will always be comparisons to their earlier works for those of us weaned on their first four albums.

Edited by TheTraveller