Xmas shopping and online shopping

LedZeppfan77

I am doing alot of online shopping this year. I use Amazon and I like it because its easy and it comes right to your door. No traffic jams. The only thing that bothers me about Amazon is there is no phone number to contact them. Email I believe. I just bought my wife the Kindle Fire. With a fancy case and a charger. I have other stuff coming like luggage from Atlantic and more Amazon. My daughter has bought me the Led Zeppelin set for Xmas so I am waiting anxiously for that baby. I mean Celebration Day. I told her I wanted both the DVD and CD.

HeeHee.....had to log in to reply. Wifey gonna loooove that Kindle HD! Just got mine today. Super sound, brilliant colors. I'm already reading a free book. And since I prefer Amazon to shop as well, I do NOT mind what ppl are saying about it, like it's just a shopping cart. No, I shop on my laptop anyway. So I'll use it for what it was made for ....reading. Ya think?

You younger guys and gals can handle the storefront. Us old geezers who can't even STAND for two hrs, let alone fight the crowds, YUK!

Anyhoo, have fun shopping----and the dreaded wrapping. lol :santa::freezing:

I am doing alot of online shopping this year. I use Amazon and I like it because its easy and it comes right to your door. No traffic jams. The only thing that bothers me about Amazon is there is no phone number to contact them. Email I believe. I just bought my wife the Kindle Fire. With a fancy case and a charger.

I love, love Amazon. Huge selection, free shipping on most orders, fast delivery and excellent customer service. Rick, they do indeed have a phone number. They bury it on their HELP pages, but I eventually found it. The reps are always helpful and you get a real person too, not just automated recording crap.

Amazon Customer Service Phone # (USA) 1-866-216-1072

Amazon Customer Service Phone # (International/*charges may apply) 1-206- 266-2992.

Now could I ask a favor of you, (or anyone here that knows) please. My Mom wants a Kindle for Christmas, but only to read novels instead of going to the library every week. Do you think the basic one would be a good buy? The Fire looks very nice but has magazine and other apps (I think?) that she would probably never use. Do you know if the Kindle original or Fire causes in increase in monthly phone service data charges when you own one? Thanks for any info. :) Missy

Last year, I did a lot of online shopping and we've done a little this year, but will mostly be shopping in person. I actually like to go into the stores, with the decorations, and a nice big pumpkin spice latte, listening to the Christmas music :)

Wegman's is awesome!! We're supposedly getting one soon; I've visited the one at Gainesville, VA (Manassas).

Well Rochester, NY, here where I live, is the home base. The one in Pittsford NY would blow your mind. The produce is the best. The customer service is the best. The only thing I dont buy there is the fish and most seafood as its high. But their aisle prices are far better than Tops, another large area chain. But Wegmans blows them away all in all. I do buy the Salmon there in the big pack. I think $5.99 a lb often. Fair. The bakery is just outstanding. Its a fabulous store and when I go down to Florida my relatives from here always miss it. They have Publix and Winn Dixie and they cant touch Wegmans. The corporate offices are here too. It made Forbes magazine list. Rochester has the best Wegmans because it started here and Danny Wegman, the heir to his fathers business is here.

Well Rochester, NY, here where I live, is the home base. The one in Pittsford NY would blow your mind. The produce is the best. The customer service is the best. The only thing I dont buy there is the fish and most seafood as its high. But their aisle prices are far better than Tops, another large area chain. But Wegmans blows them away all in all. I do buy the Salmon there in the big pack. I think $5.99 a lb often. Fair. The bakery is just outstanding. Its a fabulous store and when I go down to Florida my relatives from here always miss it. They have Publix and Winn Dixie and they cant touch Wegmans. The corporate offices are here too. It made Forbes magazine list. Rochester has the best Wegmans because it started here and Danny Wegman, the heir to his fathers business is here.

We had dinner there; apparently they do birthday parties, and have movie nights and other events! And a huge produce section too, not to mention lots of nice wines under $10

We had dinner there; apparently they do birthday parties, and have movie nights and other events! And a huge produce section too, not to mention lots of nice wines under $10

They only have market cafe's here. But they sell everything you can imagine cooked. Chinese, fish, wings, pizza, suchi and much more. But they only have a few wines they can sell legally in NY. Cant sell wine in a store in NY State. So you must have gone to one down out of NY? Man, what kind of shit is Danny pulling in his other stores? Wow

i bought one item online, and the rest all from shops at the HUGE shopping centre where i work.

24 yo son is so hard to buy for, so he suggested he'd order stuff online and i pay- brilliant!

so, i'm all done now, except foe last minute fresh food - which will all be bought in the shop where i work.

i'm only having christmas day off :(

They only have market cafe's here. But they sell everything you can imagine cooked. Chinese, fish, wings, pizza, suchi and much more. But they only have a few wines they can sell legally in NY. Cant sell wine in a store in NY State. So you must have gone to one down out of NY? Man, what kind of shit is Danny pulling in his other stores? Wow

Really? You can't sell wine in a store? :blink: Do you have to buy it at the liquor store? We are in Virginia; this particular Wegman's is in Gainesville, about 20 miles outside of DC. It has the cafes too, and tons of wine. But all stores carry wine here (grocery stores, 7-11's, WalMart, etc.). Don't you have Two Buck Chuck at Trader Joe's?

Really? You can't sell wine in a store? :blink: Do you have to buy it at the liquor store? We are in Virginia; this particular Wegman's is in Gainesville, about 20 miles outside of DC. It has the cafes too, and tons of wine. But all stores carry wine here (grocery stores, 7-11's, WalMart, etc.). Don't you have Two Buck Chuck at Trader Joe's?

Guess you don't go over the river to shop in Maryland too often... very limited beer/wine sales in grocery stores here. It's a huge pain in the butt. Not that I haven't figured out how to find my wine in other places :)

Guess you don't go over the river to shop in Maryland too often... very limited beer/wine sales in grocery stores here. It's a huge pain in the butt. Not that I haven't figured out how to find my wine in other places :)

No, we're pretty solidly in Virginia; I bet that would be a pain! We visit NC from time to time, but no difficulty finding wine there either. Interesting; I didn't realize that varied so much from state to state. 'Yall will just have to come down here and stock up!

In NY State you must buy it in a liqour store. But its just a matter of time before that changes.

• 4 weeks later...

I always do my shopping online through manteau pas cher. The best online shopping, whom we can trust. It's stores are spread on different parts of the world. They do the fast shipping of the goods with stated date and time. And also contacts you before delevering of the goods. I did all my christmas shopping from this store only. You also try it.

I always do my shopping online through manteau pas cher. The best online shopping, whom we can trust. It's stores are spread on different parts of the world. They do the fast shipping of the goods with stated date and time. And also contacts you before delevering of the goods. I did all my christmas shopping from this store only. You also try it.

It is in French? I tried to bookmark it and it says I already have it? Impossible? Is it part of Amazon? Strange.

• 1 year later...

Black Friday adds are everywhere. Now they are opening the doors at 6 pm on Thanksgiving day and staying open all night. This is just what I need after a days drinking wine and eating Turkey that is like a tranquilizer. I will go early on Black Friday if I must but I do not want to go to a store on Thanksgiving. The Xmas season kicks off today in full motion. A Christmas Carol was on already once, and now the shopping. So many adds. I just do not believe it any more. I think that most of the deals will still be available up until Xmas. If they don't sell it tomorrow they will still try and sell it the next day. Now my wife wants a pair of good leather dress boots, and one store has them marked down from $59 to $19 until noon tomorrow. And then they go up to $39. So some of its legit. One year I went out at 5 am and bought a digital camera. the same camera was on sale a week later even for same price. In the days I used to hunt, I can see getting up on Thanksgiving morning at the crack of dawn. But for shopping? Every year Xmas comes along and with it the expected gifts for all. I have a list that will make you want to jump off the Golden Gate bridge, Where the devil are you Santa when I need you? At Macy's, Sears, Penney's and all the rest.

so what do you all think the hot items will be this year? No Tickle me Elmo. No Cabbage Patch dolls. And the Apple 6 has been our a while. Playstation III is probably their last big product and now its X box. Whats next?

Not sure what the hot item is this year, but as usual, all my shopping will be done with the little computer mouse--Amazon and ebay, here I come...

Amazon is a monster. I like them too but do not like the customer service. You have to request them to either call you or e mail you. Then some woman speaking spanish calls you and you can't understand a word she says

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter and husband are coming up from the Big Apple this weekend and I will see them sat at my mothers. I have gotten them gift cards to use in the City. And a good bottle of red. I have bought some Napa valley Cabernet Sauvignon for a few people. I am not sure what else I am going to have to buy online but I am going to have to go to the store. an electric blanket is on my youngest daughters list and I am going to go look at a few at WalMart and Target. Maybe Penneys and Macy's too. The Mall will be nuts from now until Xmas and after.

I went to a local liquor store, a big one and they had the blue label Johnny Walker out in glass. Damn do I want to try a shot of that. Any Scotch drinkers here? If so, is it smoother than the black? I am sure. $500 a quart!!!!

Black Friday is no more. The same items are on sale most of the time right up until Xmas. They are not going to lose sales. But there are a few exceptions. I found some deals at Macy's that were only on Black Friday. My wife made out pretty good on a few things. Including leather boots for $19 that are normally $69 and in Manhattan add a hundred to that.

Archived