The Who

LedZeppfan77

Have to be impressed with the show Roger and Peter put on. And you know they were sad with the tremendous tribute to Moon. They did not show the Ox which kind of surprises me. No matter how nuts he could be off stage he was to me tied with JPJ as the two best bass players in rock history. I am really surprised they played so long. I wonder if the people that put this together knew the set in advance? The Stones only play 2! But the Who were better than the Stones. Put their hearts into it more. Daltrey came to bring the house down and he did. Two great rock opera's Quad and Tommy and Who's Next, all classics were fit in somewhere. I am a little surprised they didnt do Wont Get Fooled Again but I know they were pushing their luck with the time anyway, and knowing McCartney was probably losing his patience in the back.

LedZeppfan77, I agree with a lot of what you said. I was not expecting to enjoy The Who so much last night. Was wondering the same thing about The Ox.

To go off topic a bit, my favorites were Waters, Clapton and The Who. I stopped watching after The Who, but will take a look at the Grohl/McC video soon.

LedZeppfan77, I agree with a lot of what you said. I was not expecting to enjoy The Who so much last night. Was wondering the same thing about The Ox.

To go off topic a bit, my favorites were Waters, Clapton and The Who. I stopped watching after The Who, but will take a look at the Grohl/McC video soon.

I did the same thing and I agree totally with your take. Those were my favorites too. Very disappointed in the arrogance of the Stones playing two songs. And I was hoping for something from Some Girls.

Did you catch Mick's comment between songs? It was something along the lines of "When we have a little rain in London you can come play for us." I think Sandy was a bit more than "a little rain." I am a long-time Stones fan, but they just didn't look/sound too good last night IMO. The Who sounded great, even though Roger could have kept his shirt on.

Enjoyed the show! Waters & the Who Killed!! i enjoyed everyone,but kanye west-W.T.F.W.T. ? Anyway being from N.Y. it was a great show the only way it could have been better was if LED ZEPPELIN played. I waited all week hoping for a mention-oh well....

Did you catch Mick's comment between songs? It was something along the lines of "When we have a little rain in London you can come play for us." I think Sandy was a bit more than "a little rain." I am a long-time Stones fan, but they just didn't look/sound too good last night IMO. The Who sounded great, even though Roger could have kept his shirt on.

Thought the same thing - Mick is a total prick (or at least was that night) and I have lost a lot of respect for him saying that and also after JJF was finished he just dropped the mic and walked off the stage like "there you go, we did our less than 10 min, be grateful - I'm out". Asshole personified.

The Who were good, but I still cannot even consider them The Who anymore. But Pete did his thing well and Roger did his best, but his voice is just not there anymore - IMO.

Thought the same thing - Mick is a total prick (or at least was that night) and I have lost a lot of respect for him saying that and also after JJF was finished he just dropped the mic and walked off the stage like "there you go, we did our less than 10 min, be grateful - I'm out". Asshole personified.

The Who were good, but I still cannot even consider them The Who anymore. But Pete did his thing well and Roger did his best, but his voice is just not there anymore - IMO.

I felt the same way when Entwistle passed on. But the two main members and the musical genius, Townsend, behind them is still there. They are as much the Who as Zeppelin would be Zeppelin without Bonzo I guess. But I agree with your take on Jagger. But we dont know if there were pre arranged limits? Perhaps the Who stayed on longer than promised? And Townsends "have a fucking beer" remark must have sent chills through the producers and those that put this together. Peter, you should have fucking known better.

I enjoyed The Who, but Daltrey's voice is totally shot to hell. I don't think he hit one proper note during the "Who are You" opener, and except for "Bell Boy", the whole show seemed a struggle for him. They should have had Vedder help him out on "Love Reign O'er Me".

Keith Richards has gone beyond scary....He's sporting a hollow-cheeked death mask.

Billy Joel looked like he needed some beano relief.

I appreciated everyone's efforts, but it's always sad watching your heroes age. Makes me appreciate the 02 show even more, and gives value to Robert's opinion of not carrying on. Smart Move !!

Sorry, but I don't get the criticism of The Rolling Stones..

At least they were there and they sounded good from what I saw.

Mick Jagger cracked a joke. Not that big a deal.

Roger Daltrey sounded very rough but again at least he was there.

Zakk Starkey sounded great though.

I agree that 2 of them calling it The Who doesn't really cut it for me either..

Daltrey / Townsend would still sell tons of tickets.

I enjoyed The Who, but Daltrey's voice is totally shot to hell. I don't think he hit one proper note during the "Who are You" opener, and except for "Bell Boy", the whole show seemed a struggle for him. They should have had Vedder help him out on "Love Reign O'er Me".

Keith Richards has gone beyond scary....He's sporting a hollow-cheeked death mask.

Billy Joel looked like he needed some beano relief.

I appreciated everyone's efforts, but it's always sad watching your heroes age. Makes me appreciate the 02 show even more, and gives value to Robert's opinion of not carrying on. Smart Move !!

Keith Richards beyond scarey. ha. Thats fucking funny. And true. Is that guitar even plugged in? Fucking Woodie has to carry him. On and off the stage too.

• 2 weeks later...

Keith Richards beyond scarey. ha. Thats fucking funny. And true. Is that guitar even plugged in? Fucking Woodie has to carry him. On and off the stage too.

Keef did just about look like a corpse up there, and that guitar was turned down way low for the 1st song.

celeb-finger-keithrichards.jpg

I am a big WHO fan. THEY (and I mean They, as in, Townsend/Daltrey/Entwistle/Moon) were a force to be reckoned with, however, not in the same way as LED ZEPPELIN was during the 1970's.

That being said on My Part, I cannot and will not consider the Who in the same league as the Mighty Led Zeppelin. I counted at least five (5) other musicians backing Roger Daltrey and Peter Townsend during the "Who" gig for the victims of Superstorm Sandy. The original "Who" had, and only needed, the four of them. Two are since deceased but it takes 5 others to take their place. As big a WHO fan I am, Peter and Roger should ceast calling themselves the WHO. Just my opinion.

I am a big WHO fan. THEY (and I mean They, as in, Townsend/Daltrey/Entwistle/Moon) were a force to be reckoned with, however, not in the same way as LED ZEPPELIN was during the 1970's.

That being said on My Part, I cannot and will not consider the Who in the same league as the Mighty Led Zeppelin. I counted at least five (5) other musicians backing Roger Daltrey and Peter Townsend during the "Who" gig for the victims of Superstorm Sandy. The original "Who" had, and only needed, the four of them. Two are since deceased but it takes 5 others to take their place. As big a WHO fan I am, Peter and Roger should ceast calling themselves the WHO. Just my opinion.

Pete has admitted countless times that without Entwhistle he cannot produce The Who sound. He needs another guitar to round out what John brought. It is shame they keep dragging this cart around.

Archived