Celebration Day dvd flaw

I have had that happen occasionally and have to cold boot the tv and player again...sometimes twice with some discs...but if u have already tried that I guess its a bad disc...the only discs I have seen not boot at all are dvd r's and really badly scratched discs R U sure u cant take it back and explain the situation? Amazon is usually helpful -except they make u send the whole thing back. If u buy another buy from Amazon if u can...Best Buy and places like that didnt carry it here except for 2 copies they got at release day... but when I used to get cd's and dvd's there they would give me a really hard time ...even if the disc had a huge scratch in it- if it played THERE they would balk at taking it back. I could say check for latest firmware but I doubt this is the problem....I update mine all the time but am not sure what a difference it makes as I dont use any streaming and thats usually what the fixes are for.Wish I could help...where did u buy it?

• 2 weeks later...

Remember that dual-layer DVDs have to switch layers in the middle. My old DVD player would always do a slight half-second pause of the video and audio at this juncture because it had little memory. This usually doesn't happen on a computer or modern Blu-ray players since they buffer DVDs/Blu-rays to memory as they play.

So I wouldn't say it's a flaw with the Celebration Day DVD. Rather, it's a flaw with standalone DVD players.

Most Blu-rays are dual-layer (50GB) too except most Blu-ray players buffer the video very well so it's not noticed during a layer change. However, Celebration Day is a 25GB single-layer Blu-ray.

Happens with mine as well, DVD format. But I learned something today :)

Yes if the problem is a pause on a dvd definitely layer change Not sure why one Blu disc would not be recognized at all...but i did have a dvd r someone gave me that would only play on computer even tho my player plays dvd r's usually...again I say can u take it back...or if u can get it to work on other players fine sell it and at least get a few bux back and try a new one.

• 7 years later...

I only came here to make the unhelpful contribution that I find the whole thing completely unwatchable due to the camera cuts every second or two. And virtually no JPJ footage. It's so bad I can't watch the vast majority of it. Who on earth sanctioned such horrid editing?!

3 hours ago, SilverVishnu said:

I only came here to make the unhelpful contribution that I find the whole thing completely unwatchable due to the camera cuts every second or two. And virtually no JPJ footage. It's so bad I can't watch the vast majority of it. Who on earth sanctioned such horrid editing?!

I tend to agree with you. Get the bootleg - which is free if you look for it - multi-angles, but the performance the way it happened. Very enjoyable. Even with the feedback, to start the show.