New 1977 soundboard - Landover 25/5 & 30/5 - Empress Valley release

Triplet Kick

The end of the day at work can't come soon enough, can't wait to get home and listen to these! Sucks that No Quarter in the 30/5 show has a big cut, always my favourite song from '77. Hell, its my favourite live Zeppelin song if I had to narrow it down.

I s'pose I'll reserve total judgement till I've heard both shows in their entirety in full soundboard glory, but based on "No Quarter" I'm gonna have to give the edge to May 30 over May 25 as the superior performance by a large margin.

Interesting preview, Nutrocker.

I'm looking fwd to hearing 25th more than 30th tbh, we already know that the 30th was a solid (if, in my opinion, unexceptional, even for 77) performance, but the version I heard of 25th was such a poor recording that it was pretty much impossible to discern how well JP played. The only comments I made on my database for 25th were 'Gtr buried, poor sound' lol.

I'm looking fwd to hearing 25th more than 30th tbh, we already know that the 30th was a solid (if, in my opinion, unexceptional, even for 77) performance, but the version I heard of 25th was such a poor recording that it was pretty much impossible to discern how well JP played. The only comments I made on my database for 25th were 'Gtr buried, poor sound' lol.

And that description is as good as any to describe the May 25 audience recording. I mean, it sounds decent, but the taper was obviously so high up in the nosebleeds that you can barely make out the Plantations, let alone Page's guitar. Which may at least partly explain why that recording has been passed off on at least two different occasions as otherwise uncirculating 1977 shows (Dallas and St Louis, respectively.) I'm curious to hear the full soundboard as well for the 25th, but, again, if "No Quarter" is any indication it sounds like it was another off night for James Patrick.

The end of the day at work can't come soon enough, can't wait to get home and listen to these! Sucks that No Quarter in the 30/5 show has a big cut, always my favourite song from '77. Hell, its my favourite live Zeppelin song if I had to narrow it down.

That's why I had to at least grab the "No Quarter"'s and give em a preview, it's my favourite as well. At least they patched the big gap on May 30 with the audience tape but they fucked it up so badly sound wise that ya might as well "fast forward" through the whole patch. The sound is so overprocessed on the patch that it's like the aural equivalent of biting on tinfoil IMO.

I'm waiting for somebody to try and 'matrix' these boards with the audience tapes...good luck with that! :lol:

Interesting preview, Nutrocker.

It's a Major Major preview.

^ I agree! They charge how much for these bootlegs and can't even download photos that were documented from the show itself! BS!

I think they'll just be content to use photos from that tour. Some of the copycat labels can't even get that right. My main gripe with EVSD these days is the quality (or lack thereof) of the packaging materials. OK, so the music come first but it must cost them next to nothing these days. Some of their presentations (hardback books etc) used to be really nice. They are obviously looking to keep costs down & maximise profits!

Listening to In My Time of Dying of both those nights and i have to say that they equally rock. Plant's voice is especially in great shape and Page probably just goes through the motions without any big surprises. But just the fact that we've been so spoiled with so many soundboard recordings - i just can't complain. :)

It's out there already!

Guitars! One Oh One! :whistling:

True - but they're lossy, and (if I presume correctly) taken from another site - whose source is a messed-up rip. The songs are fine, but the end of each track - the final 1/2 second or so - has some kind of blip or dropout that makes the transitions betweens songs jarring. Of course, it will do very nicely until a good, lossless rip starts making its way around... ^_^

True - but they're lossy, and (if I presume correctly) taken from another site - whose source is a messed-up rip. The songs are fine, but the end of each track - the final 1/2 second or so - has some kind of blip or dropout that makes the transitions betweens songs jarring. Of course, it will do very nicely until a good, lossless rip starts making its way around... ^_^

Fuckin' typical... :lol::rolleyes: Some wannabe glory hog who couldn't even do the thing properly...no wonder Guitars 101 is considered such a cesspool...

Fuckin' typical... :lol::rolleyes: Some wannabe glory hog who couldn't even do the thing properly...no wonder Guitars 101 is considered such a cesspool...

Never knew that it was, I've grabbed heaps of good boots off there. I don't really mind mp3, can't tell the difference between a 320kbps mp3 and a FLAC file to be honest. It also saves me the hassle of having to convert the flac files to mp3 so I can put them on my phone and listen to them when out and about.

The whole mp3 vs flac is a farce as far as Im concerned, for example, I downloaded a mp3 of the O2 show then a week later, got the official CD, NO difference in the sound or fidelity, Flac Smalck, bunch of OCD people complaining over nothing, I download Zep Flacs and convert to Mp3, BBBWWWWHHHHAAAAAAA

I've grabbed heaps of good boots off there.

Yeah, but they're all boots taken off of torrent sites like dime or the Den, more often than not without giving credit to the original uploader- "putting your own name on someone else's work" as it's known in the trade (no pun intended). That's my problem with 101...just my opinion, but if you've got the bandwith capabilities to upload to 101, you can certainly upload it to a torrent site as well, preferably in the best possible sound quality (i.e. lossless). I'm not one of those FLAC freaks either, but my problem with sharing these new May 25/30 boots on 101 before anywhere else is that apparently the CD's weren't ripped properly, thereby causing issues on playback...way to pollute the trading pool! Clearly it was done as a rush job just so the guy could claim to be the first person to share these boots online (other than the Black Beauty samples); they wanted to be a big fuckin' hero,that's all, but they fucked it up IMO. YMMV.

What a bunch of complaining babies... a week ago I didnt even know that these shows existed in soundboard quality... the boot came out a couple of days ago... some dude that might or might have not paid the 200$+ price tag of these babies puts it up for people (like me) who dont have the 200$+ to blow on a cd... and you shmuks call him a glory hole and an asshole for posting it as mp3's and the usual ranting of corrupting the trading pool... who cares... it's there... it sounds great on my stereo and ipod... in less than a effing week... play nice and have a great xmas... en of rant... off soapbox... gone for thee...

What a bunch of complaining babies... a week ago I didnt even know that these shows existed in soundboard quality... the boot came out a couple of days ago... some dude that might or might have not paid the 200$+ price tag of these babies puts it up for people (like me) who dont have the 200$+ to blow on a cd... and you shmuks call him a glory hole and an asshole for posting it as mp3's and the usual ranting of corrupting the trading pool... who cares... it's there... it sounds great on my stereo and ipod... in less than a effing week... play nice and have a great xmas... en of rant... off soapbox... gone for thee...

:lol: :lol: :lol::rolleyes:

Gotta love a four post newbie calling five year veterans of the forum 'shmuks'...

I stand by what I said about the guitars 101 'hero'.

NOW THEN...would anyone who has actually heard these soundboards in their entirety (shite mp3 rip or not) care to pass comment on the quality or anything? (I'm personally going to wait until a good version of the shows pops up online...)

Wow! WTF? It's there if you want it. Download it now and when the better quality rip comes out, delete the "crappy 101 rip" and download the new one.

I can't tell the difference between a high MP3 and Flac. And I am thankful that there are "heros" out there who post stuff for all to share.

(BTW, I haven't listened to it yet.)

:lol: :lol: :lol::rolleyes:

Gotta love a four post newbie calling five year veterans of the forum 'shmuks'...

I stand by what I said about the guitars 101 'hero'.

NOW THEN...would anyone who has actually heard these soundboards in their entirety (shite mp3 rip or not) care to pass comment on the quality or anything? (I'm personally going to wait until a good version of the shows pops up online...)

Been a member here longer than you... I just dont post that much... unless some ungrateful cry baby makes me stand on my soapbox for a bit... when a better quality version shows up GREAT! meanwhile kudos to the guy that posted it... anyone thought that maybe the guy isnt trying to be a hero and just wants to share the joy of music with as many people as possible... just a weird xmas thought... not everybody is an asshole with an agenda...

Been a member here longer than you... I just dont post that much... unless some ungrateful cry baby makes me stand on my soapbox for a bit... when a better quality version shows up GREAT! meanwhile kudos to the guy that posted it... anyone thought that maybe the guy isnt trying to be a hero and just wants to share the joy of music with as many people as possible... just a weird xmas thought... not everybody is an asshole with an agenda...

I agree with you about the uploader. We can't blame him for the crappy quality of the transfer. Maybe he is an amateur and can't act like a professional on that issue.

All the zep fans should be really pleased that a soundboard tape of a show given back in 1977( 35 FUCKING YEARS AGO !) has come to the surface TODAY! Hey people, do you realise that what happened is just a miracle?

Anyway, I found Nutrocker's point of view about 101 quite legit as i have been at the same situation.(That's why i prefer torrent sites far more)....And i do respect him a lot because he is the master of 1977 indeed !

I don't really mind mp3, can't tell the difference between a 320kbps mp3 and a FLAC file to be honest. It also saves me the hassle of having to convert the flac files to mp3 so I can put them on my phone and listen to them when out and about.

THANK YOU!!!!! :yourock::cheer: Just don't say that to anyone on Royal-Orleans!

And just how many shows have you shared over the years...better still, how many have you taped? Or are you just another fuckin' leech who has done absolutely nothing to contribute to the trading pool?

Sorry...if some guy is gonna do a rush job upload on a recording my instincts tell me that they are in it simply for the glory, and the actual quality of the upload be damned. I mean, if yer gonna share something with the masses, fuckin' do it right or wait till somebody who knows what they fuck they're doing does it.

And if yer gonna call me an ungrateful cry baby, maybe you better do a search through the posts I've made here over the years and see just what I have contributed not only to this forum but to the Zeppelin community in general. A damn sight more than yerself, I'd reckon. I don't give a shit how long you've been on the site, you obviously have very little to contribute no matter how you slice it.

Merry fuckin' Christmas!

Ten Years Gone from 5/30 is just awesome and lives up to it's praise. The clean board tape makes Page's solo shine and around the 8:30 until the end of the song the riffs Page plays are just too cool. Usually the board tapes reveal flaws but Page sounds better than ever duing this song than on the AUD tape. I have listend to the AUD of this show a thousand times and on this new board tape the solo sounds better than ever. Or course Bonham's drumming and Plant's vocals just add to the magic of this version. And this all comes after a possible tour highlight version of No Quarter.

Hind sight is 20/20 but had they chopped out Moby Dick and the Noise Solo, these 1977 shows would have had a much more presentable set list for our listening pleasure. It would have cut the live shows down to about 2 hours and eliminated the bloated feel of the 1977 tour. They could have kept the set list the same up until Kashmir and then the could have done a 5 min. segue with a drum and noise intro (ala In the Evening in 1979) right into Achilles Last Stand cutting out all the excess.

Great to see this soundboard of 5/30 set free.

Archived