New 1977 soundboard - Landover 25/5 & 30/5 - Empress Valley release

Triplet Kick

That Eelgrass artwork looks like it was thrown together in about fifteen minutes (not that the EVSD packaging is much better). Again, their graphic designers -I use that term very lightly- could have come to a site like this and taken their pick of pictures they could have used from the May 25 and May 30 shows. Using what is obviously a picture from Chicago (Page's plain white pants being the giveaway)? It just seems like a blatantly half assed effort on the part of the bootleggers. Won't stop 'em from charging handsomely for the CD's though...

I bet more effort was put into the plain white w/ a stamped title old vinyl bootlegs than this Eelgrass packaging...they should hire Sue to ensure the visual aspect's historical accuracy and yers truly to write liner notes!

Can you also do the liner notes for Godfather? Their main liner notes guy, Paul de Luxe, has a remote connection to readable English.

As for Eelgrass, it's a curious thing...out of all the bootlegs from all the different labels I have, I don't have a single one from Eelgrass.

Smoking Pig, Rubber Dubber, TMoQ, Phoenix Records, Dragonfly, Great Dane, Red Devil, TDOLZ, Beelzebub, Godfatherecords, EVSD, Scorpio, Watchtower, Genuine Masters, Wendy, Boogie Mama, For Badgeholders Only...these and others I have.

But not one Eelgrass.

Don't waste your money on one!

Can you also do the liner notes for Godfather? Their main liner notes guy, Paul de Luxe, has a remote connection to readable English.

As for Eelgrass, it's a curious thing...out of all the bootlegs from all the different labels I have, I don't have a single one from Eelgrass.

Smoking Pig, Rubber Dubber, TMoQ, Phoenix Records, Dragonfly, Great Dane, Red Devil, TDOLZ, Beelzebub, Godfatherecords, EVSD, Scorpio, Watchtower, Genuine Masters, Wendy, Boogie Mama, For Badgeholders Only...these and others I have.

But not one Eelgrass.

I majored in English (minored in Journalism), Strider, so, the answer would be "Yes" on that score...

I checked E Bay and Amazon. I cannot find it. Figures.

I still need to get up to speed on all the rules of this forum, but it's seems that we're not supposed to mention bootleg dealers, which is why I haven't mentioned them to you. But there are lots of other ways of finding these things, and I'm sure a town like Rochester has a record swap meet every few months at least...like in a hotel or some other convention center. I sometimes go to a big guitar show that also has vendors with good selections of recordings. You can check the local entertainment mags and you'll probably find something like that. As far as Ebay goes, it might turn up but you have to give it time - these new Landover soundboards just came out. I'm a 77 tour maniac, and I just got my copy a couple of weeks ago. I wrote a review of both shows on this thread if you care to read them, by the way. They're a few pages back. Good luck!

I still need to get up to speed on all the rules of this forum, but it's seems that we're not supposed to mention bootleg dealers, which is why I haven't mentioned them to you. But there are lots of other ways of finding these things, and I'm sure a town like Rochester has a record swap meet every few months at least...like in a hotel or some other convention center. I sometimes go to a big guitar show that also has vendors with good selections of recordings. You can check the local entertainment mags and you'll probably find something like that. As far as Ebay goes, it might turn up but you have to give it time - these new Landover soundboards just came out. I'm a 77 tour maniac, and I just got my copy a couple of weeks ago. I wrote a review of both shows on this thread if you care to read them, by the way. They're a few pages back. Good luck!

Hey thanks for your help. Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I will look into it. I play myself but have been lazy lately. Even though i just bought an amp. Is your story in the timeline? You should post it there if not? That way its there forever

Before I read your entire review, I must know, were you there on the 30th with me?

In case I miss your response please PM me.

Rick (third in the timeline for this date-posted 5 yrs ago)

Folks, news just in...

Led Zeppelin - Double Shot (5/25 & 30/77 Landover - Previously Unreleased SB) Empress Valley Label. The Soundboard Revolution Series proudly presents for the very First and Only time anywhere, Two legendary nights in Landover, Md - Complete and in Perfect Stereo Soundboard!!!

Two versions of this set with different artwork:

Extremely Ltd Slip Case Edition (100 Copies Only!!) This 6 CD set includes both 5/25 & 5/30 1977 Maryland shows. The CD sets are housed in special paper cases and covered by unique slipcase similar in packaging to Snowblind also from Empress Valley label

Maryland Moonshine Box Set - Ultimate Collectors Edition (50 Copies Only!!) This 12 CD Mega Deluxe Box includes the entire four night Maryland 1977 stand in Complete and Perfect Stereo Soundboard!! Each CD set is housed in special paper cases inside awesome Ltd Ed box.

'77 tour fans will be wetting themselves. :)

Thanks for the update!

Just received my Maryland Moonshine box. Beautiful box, nice presentation. Can't wait to listen to it. But I have to say that purely on a visual and feeling of the item point of view, Godfathers' Ascension In The Wane and Welcome Back boxes surpass it. A nice addition regardless. Can't wait to see what 2013 will send our way. any rumours out there?

These new soundboards are awesome too. It's crazy how they hoard these things for so long and finally strike.

Classic supply and demand economics, Josh...you don't want to flood the market, though, which is why the soundboard recordings only come out one or two at a time per year. Especially at the prices EVSD sell em for :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I got these rather late (two weeks ago) but I'm very pleased with these. I am not a huge fan of the '77 tour (rather bloated, and much prefer the pristine quality of the '75 soundboards), but these are solid.

IMHO, they are both better than the previous Landover soundboards available (Bringing the House Down and Powhatan Confederacy is what I have). Am I crazy?

I also found the performance of "Achilles" on the 5-25 show to be superb...may already be my favorite performance.

You might be crazy, but not because of this. Double Shot is a great release, and yes, it sounds WAY better than the previous Landover SBDs.

And while I have to give the nod to 5/30 overall, I agree that the 5/25 performance of Achilles is awesome. Glad to be finally getting some "Double Shot" feedback on this thread again. About time.

Archived