Mass Shooting at Elementary School Connecticut 12/14/12

missytootsweet

Yep, it's a big buisness alright. Ya know, I hate sounding so negative about the subject because the reality for me is that I don't have a problem with responsible people owning a gun. I just don't see how an assault weapon can be considered a good thing.

I'm with you on the assault thing. But, you just watch, politicians will fuck this up so bad your head will spin.

Terrible.

Excellent.

A lot of the non-Americans in this thread are really being offensive without realizing it.

Mocking our constitution is a great way to offend us.

Because a lot more than 27 people have died defending it.

And y'all say you aren't comparing saying the UK is better or the US is worse, but that's pretty much exactly what Ledded has been doing.

I said it before, but the gun control argument is very similar to the abortion argument.

And just like abortion supporters say men don't get an opinion, so we feel that non-US citizens don't get an opinion.

You don't understand how we feel about issues like this.

It's why a lot of us are offended when it's suggested we should be more "European" in our perspective.

I'm waiting until later because I'm posting from my iPhone and it's brutal.

This IPB app for bulletin boards sucks.

If anyone knows a better app, I'd love to hear about it.

I'm actually trying to temper down the tone on this thread but I'll try as politely as I can to respond to this being offended nonsense.

Just so you know Type O. My nephew was gunned down in cold blood this past summer while walking into his home in south Florida so just because I live in Canada, doesn't mean that I don't have a right to an opinion. That said, I think every non american who has stated an opinion on this thread has done so because they like and care about the good old US of A. We just want your country to get it's shit together. Call it..tough love . You guy's need it bad :peace:

I'm with you on the assault thing. But, you just watch, politicians will fuck this up so bad your head will spin.

Terrible.

No doubt you're right. I'd just like to,think that america could get back to what it's capable of and good at..stuff like ground breaking medical break throughs, you know what I mean

I'm actually trying to temper down the tone on this thread but I'll try as politely as I can to respond to this being offended nonsense.

Just so you know Type O. My nephew was gunned down in cold blood this past summer while walking into his home in south Florida so just because I live in Canada, doesn't mean that I don't have a right to an opinion. That said, I think every non american who has stated an opinion on this thread has done so because they like and care about the good old US of A. We just want your country to get it's shit together. Call it..tough love . You guy's need it bad :peace:

:notworthy::thanku::goodpost:

Hello Fellow Forum Members,

As I sit here and write this, tears are flowing down my cheeks to the keyboard. I am really struggling with the why? I can only hope that people with mental disorders can get help and that we as not just a country, but as a world do what is right. So many innocent lives are taken away in all corners of this earth.

There is so much beauty, why can't we all just appreciate that. Please stop this arguing. Most of you I feel very close to. We have shared ideas and grown to have relationships. They should be valued. So, please, please, stop arguing and putting each other down. LIFE is so very precious.

I grieve for the parents, the spouses, the siblings, the first responders, the brave teachers.Like I said, so much real beauty. Step back and be grateful if you have a parent or a child or someone close to hug. This is beyond meaningful. We can discuss laws and hopefully we can help to change things for the better.

Until then think about these beautiful children and the ones dying all over this world, so innocent, all of them.

Your Dear Forum Member, Deb

No doubt you're right. I'd just like to,think that america could get back to what it's capable of and good at..stuff like ground breaking medical break throughs, you know what I mean

I hear ya.

And to give you a little jazz with affection...I see that you used a capital 'C' for Canada and yet used a lower case 'a' for America...more than once. I'm sure it was an innocent oversight.

:)

As someone who has worked in healthcare for 25 years, I am pleased to report we continue to remain at the forefront of medical breakthroughs.

They are ones who believe they are above the law and take advantage of their profession, for sure. But they are accounted for, and dealt with in due time accordingly to the law like any other citizen, if they are caught abusing their duties or an individual.

COMPLETELY FALSE. And I believe the legal term you were looking for is "due process" not "due time".

The MAJORITY of police officers are NOT like that. You are wrong Steve.

FALSE AGAIN. Ask a cop. And I fail to understand how someone who lives is NEW ORLEANS, a city with one of the MOST NOTORIOUSLY CORRUPT POLICE DEPARTMENTS continues to stand behind the police. Unless, of course, one's a cop themselves. Many documentaries have been made on the matter and I have personally KNOWN a NOLA police officer and he stated this himself!!

Let us not forget about the cops who got off virtually scott-free after hurricane Katrina.

Why is that? Better culture, better values, less crime, less poverty?

That's a place to start.

I agree with you man. Putting the fox in charge of the henhouse is not a good idea.

Agreed here, too.

Yes, let's out-source public safety, certainly in public schools, to government agencies and police unions and see how well it works out.

We out-source our wars; how well has that worked out?

With the current stress on budgets for both schools and police services, I don't see placing more police resources as something that is viable. Many small cities may only have 3 or 4 officers on duty, but there may be two, three or even more schools in that town if you include private schools (also targets). And then how many classrooms are there in each school? To be effective you would need an armed officer in each classroom. Not going to happen.

No way, no how.

Just look at the mess created post 9/11 at our airports?

Exactly.

I have a basic question: what ever happend to the concept that liberty AND personal responsibility are the hallmarks of a free society?

Good question. But gee, I wonder..

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

--Benjamin Franklin

Thanks SteveAJones.

I've said this exact thing in an earlier post. Those "quotes" Steve Jones wants to throw in the mix from Ben Franklin doesn't mean shit these days...Point being-If the people who built this country and wrote the constitution could see how things were run/turning out this day in age, you bet your sweet ass they'd be plenty of changes to the rule book. Trust me.

They are rolling in their graves with disgust.

Bullshit. It means everything these days and if you don't understand why, Historian, like I said once before, you need a refresher course in American history. TRUST ME.

This is the second time you've said this. The founding fathers wouldn't be making changes to our constitution, THEY'D BE ENFORCING IT. TRUST ME.

Is that true? No imperial governments seeking to control entire continents? No forced bondage of millions of worker slaves? Equal rights for women? No forced relocations? No internments?

None of these things were done by just a handful of mentally ill people. These things were done by GOVERNMENTS including this one. Our founding fathers knew that if they gave more power to a central government that there would always be a trend toward abuse of the people. Just look at what the Imperial European nations were doing around the globe.

The 2nd Amendment was necessary then, and it is necessary now. Even if it is only symbolic in some people's minds. What the 2nd Amendment along with the rest of the Bill of Rights insures, is that individuals have rights and powers reserved for them inspite of the natural tendency for government to attempt to legislate or regulate those protections away. I believe that the very FACT that in bothers those in power actually means something.

It is time we dealt with the mentally ill people in our culture. But legislating away more guns is not the answer. This was a horrible event, but it almost reminds me of the way the government used the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor to justify internment of Japanese Americans. One thing is not always caused by another. Giving up rights for protection has NEVER worked before.

Great post.

It was a terrorist attack - you know, like 9/11. Is American culture to blame for 9/11?

Cough.

I hear ya.

And to give you a little jazz with affection...I see that you used a capital 'C' for Canada and yet used a lower case 'a' for America...more than once. I'm sure it was an innocent oversight.

:)

Just piss poor on my part :lol:

planted,

Thank you for taking the time to read my rant. I fear that you are the only one that took the time to do or people would stop posting ridiculous comments about "assault" weapons!

I agree with you that mental disorders are still a taboo subject - even though as a society we need to consider it an illness. We don't try to hide people with broken or missing limbs, rashes, etc. (well, to some extent HIV-psoitive patients). We need to treat the mentally ill as ILL! People that need help! I'm afraid it falls back on the poor healthcare system we have in this country - and the blood sucking insurance companies that will find any excuse not to cover an illness.

Until these mentally damaged individuals get the treatment they need, you make all the guns laws you want and it won't change a thing!

And can I just make an observation?

I feel terrible for the residents of Newtown who are forced to put up with the endless stream of traffic and the utter invasion from the press that comes with a 24hr news cycle.

Just sayin.

I wonder what they would think of this thread.

Try it,

And it seems no one did a damn thing about these very *troubled* kids,....

Dealing with troubled people has to be part of the solution KB. I think that's been made clear by just about everyone... for and against . Doesn't make sense not to

COMPLETELY FALSE. And I believe the legal term you were looking for is "due process" not "due time".

FALSE AGAIN. Ask a cop. And I fail to understand how someone who lives is NEW ORLEANS, a city with one of the MOST NOTORIOUSLY CORRUPT POLICE DEPARTMENTS continues to stand behind the police. Unless, of course, one's a cop themselves. Many documentaries have been made on the matter and I have personally KNOWN a NOLA police officer and he stated this himself!!

Let us not forget about the cops who got off virtually scott-free after hurricane Katrina.

That's a place to start.

Agreed here, too.

We out-source our wars; how well has that worked out?

No way, no how.

Exactly.

Good question. But gee, I wonder..

Thanks SteveAJones.

Bullshit. It means everything these days and if you don't understand why, Historian, like I said once before, you need a refresher course in American history. TRUST ME.

This is the second time you've said this. The founding fathers wouldn't be making changes to our constitution, THEY'D BE ENFORCING IT. TRUST ME.

Coming from someone that sounds like they have no love for officers or law enforcement whatsoever in the first place I'd expect nothing else from you but to disagree with everything I said. So your statements mean NOTHING to me buddy...

You really do sound ignorant using a few bad cop videos or hurricane Katrina to try and justify a nation-wide example that most cops ARE bad.

What's your motive here, It's doesn't gel...unless your a past convicted felon, or did you have some bad experiences with cops that left you holding a grudge for the rest of your life?

Lastly, I don't think this country has turned into what those men (who created the Constitution) hoped it would be- far far from it.

Whether they would enforce the laws or adjust/change them...something would happen if they were around. It's a different world out there.

I...I....I what? Come on Rocky, spit it out, man! I'm sure it was just as incisive as your other recent contributions.

I mean, we wouldn't want to miss you obsessing about yourself yet again, in a thread which ought to be concerning itself with loss of ego, now would we?

I...I....I what? Come on Rocky, spit it out, man! I'm sure it was just as incisive as your other recent contributions.

I mean, we wouldn't want to miss you obsessing about yourself yet again, in a thread which ought to be concerning itself with loss of ego, now would we?

Blow it out ya ass Major Douche...I'll get ya removed again and again, as many times as your miserable pathetic ass want to hide behind a new identity, and act like you are someone new....if you wanna fuck with me pal. How sorry of an individual are you to have to break into a site that you've been kicked out of more than once or twice? I guess a guy like you has no embarrassment from that, because you just don't give a shit about anything...If you wanna visit here, come with some sense, not blabbering bullshit, because you have a miserable life and nothing better to do but make someone else miserable...ain't gonna happen here-try again, See ya Nick

Archived