Robert Plant 2013 Tour Dates

sam_webmaster

You're welcome, Whoopie Cat.

Thanks for the set list Fortuna. It's similar to the Sth American tour from last year.

Jules ......... could you be any more excited? :hurrah: hahahaha

Anyone else going to the Entertainment Centre in Sydney on Thursday night and want to catch up for pre drinks before the show, pm me or Slave.

SteveAJones, here's a photo, I have some more but I can't be bothered to post it.

It doesn't look that big but it's actually quite mammoth in real life. Completely incongrouous though, seeing as there's about four Led Zepp fans in the entirety of Sydeny's CBD haha. Anyway, three days until the concert. Freaking out with anticipation and really hoping that he'll keep Friends on the setlist, I'd love to hear that live.

Thanks so much for the picture! A perfect shot.

Thanks for the set list Fortuna. It's similar to the Sth American tour from last year.

Jules ......... could you be any more excited? :hurrah: hahahaha

Anyone else going to the Entertainment Centre in Sydney on Thursday night and want to catch up for pre drinks before the show, pm me or Slave.

yes, but i don't think it's really hit me yet .... :)

I wouldn't have missed it, slave to zep!

Have a great time on Thursday.

thanks, mate, we will! :)

SteveAJones, here's a photo, I have some more but I can't be bothered to post it.

It doesn't look that big but it's actually quite mammoth in real life. Completely incongrouous though, seeing as there's about four Led Zepp fans in the entirety of Sydeny's CBD haha.

Anyway, three days until the concert. Freaking out with anticipation and really hoping that he'll keep Friends on the setlist, I'd love to hear that live.

hope we can meet up and say hi, sorry i didn't realise you were so young. very cool that you like zep. there are a few more fans around, but don't post much.

if you ever see the whole lotta love show advertised, grab a ticket - they are great. and also led zeppelin live - they are fabulous, too. :)

slave to zep, on 26 Mar 2013 - 05:02, said:

hope we can meet up and say hi, sorry i didn't realise you were so young. very cool that you like zep. there are a few more fans around, but don't post much.

if you ever see the whole lotta love show advertised, grab a ticket - they are great. and also led zeppelin live - they are fabulous, too. :)

Yeah, I'll be sure to, but tribute bands normally annoy me more than anything haha. I've heard about Whole Lotta Love before; they normally play the Enmore, don't they?

Anyway, don't worry about it, most people don't usually realise I'm so young. Even irl. Anyway, I'm sitting in Section 9 at the Entertainment Centre, you should come say hi?

SteveAJones, on 26 Mar 2013 - 00:10, said:

Thanks so much for the picture! A perfect shot.

You're welcome! I'll be sure to take more photos on the night.

Everyone going, HAVE A BLAST!!!. It's Roberts voice still ringing the halls! Thanks to everyone for the post and photos :-) :peace:

Robert Plant - Whole Lotta Love - Live West Coast Blues & Roots Festival 23.03.13

Robert Plant & The Sensational Space Shifters - Rock & Roll

Fortuna, where are you at in the audience:-)

Robert Plant & The Sensational Space Shifters - Going To California

Robert Plant & The Sensational Space Shifters - Black Dog

^^Thanks marjo6000

I am really excited about him doing GTC!

He didn't sing it when we saw him in Clarksdale this past summer.

BTW has Robert sung GTC very many times post- Zep?

Thanks Ms. Deb as always... And Marjo6000!

Peace!

Bron Yr Aur Stomp and Ramble On-Robert Plant presents The Sensational Space Shifters, live at Fort Canning Park, SIngapore; I apologize for the crappy audio quality, more than shaky video, and on top of it all, my screaming and screeching.

Thanks for posting the videos DeborahJ. I was to the right of the stage, back about five deep and had a really good view for most of the show. I think I can see my hands and camera in a couple of the videos you posted!!

Janvier^^ that is a great photo. You can tell Robert is very gentle and respectful IMHO. Thanks for posting it.

Bayougal, yes he has sung GTC many times. You can find several on You Tube:-)

I am so ready to see him again. That voice :yesnod:

Just came back from the Sydney Entertainment Centre after a mind blowing show.

It was absolutely an AMAZING experience!

As Robert Plant said, it was fun trying to "spot the songs" and figure out what they were playing.

The new renditions of the Led Zeppelin classics were awesome.

And the other songs that I heard for the first time were super awesome as well.

(Sorry I'm out of vocabulary.)

His voice is still well and truly full of energy, and his band mates were all excellent.

Also his support act Playing For Change were a pleasant surprise too.

By the way, some kind people have already compiled the setlist for tonight:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/robert-plant/2013/sydney-entertainment-centre-sydney-australia-3d89137.html

My ears are still buzzing and super excited, I wish I can go to his shows again.

Not sure if I can go to sleep, but goodnight anyway.

we had a great time, and thanks to whoopie cat, good seats! :)

i'm not good at reviews, but here goes .....

we travelled down to sydney by train, which took 1.5 hours. i was so tired after a big week at work with 4 am starts , and i wondered if i could stay awake for the 22 hours till i would get back to bed, but .... no problem there!

heard a girl with an american accent asking directions to the ent cent, and i asked her if she was going to see robert. she was a young mum having her first child -free night out. she had seen him a few times before.

there were many zeppelin t-shirts worn, and the crowd was all ages.

found whoopie cat, had a quick chat and a texan burger from maccas ( 7/10 ) lol. whoopie, you are a lovely lady - so nice to put the voice and written word to a face :)

we went inside the venue to find out who the support act was ( nobody seemed to know ) it was a band called playing for change. i only saw the last two songs, but liked what i heard. there are some clips of them on you tube

next to me were a mother and daughter who were both keen fans. mum had seen zeppelin in sydney in 72, and page/plant in 96 ( lucky bugger! ) i erged her to join here and tell her stories ..... maybe she will.

didný have to wait too long for robert and band to come on. the voice over gave him a huge intro, something about being legendary, iconic, grammy award winning .....

i actually loved the first song, tin pan valley, it was familiar to me, but hearing it live was great.

didn't know the 2nd one, another tribe ( i haven't followed his solo career ), but it was ok

then friends, and the roar went up! loved it!

didn't know the next one, spoonful, but it was quite good

black dog - it was good, but i kept wanting to hear the original .... it was cool doing the ah ahs

then going to california --- LOVED IT, AMAZING, i felt like i was at a zep concert :)

the next four, well i just loved this part of the show. four sticks is an all time fave, and it was mind-bending to groove along to that with robert on stage

then i knew it was coming to an end because they played whole lotta love. it went over really well, lots of screaming. he said goodbye, then of course we all clapped until they came out again. he said he had wanted to come back here ( oz ) for such a long time, but had forgotten about it ( big laugh )

i loved bron y aur stomp, so cool to clap along , just like on 2003 dvd, and he even yelled " strider " at the end!

rock and roll was bloody great, but i knew that was the end, all too quick ....

i wasn't going to to this concert - didn't really have the funds, and i haven't liked what i saw of him on clips of he and alison krauss and band of joy, sorry, but i just haven't, not my tase, but this band, and this concert ..... i'm so glad i did. it was perfect.

another 1.5 hour train trip home, and it was funny - about 10 different people had all just been to the concert, and were all talking about it, and it was all positive:)

thanks again, whoopie cat :)

Thats a Shame about the Pic. If Rodney didn't share your passion before the Gig maybe he will now...

he loves zep, but like me, has been a bit underwhelmed by roberts solo stuff so far. but as i say, this line-up and these renditions, i like a lot :)

Just came back from the Sydney Entertainment Centre after a mind blowing show.

It was absolutely an AMAZING experience!

As Robert Plant said, it was fun trying to "spot the songs" and figure out what they were playing.

The new renditions of the Led Zeppelin classics were awesome.

And the other songs that I heard for the first time were super awesome as well.

(Sorry I'm out of vocabulary.)

His voice is still well and truly full of energy, and his band mates were all excellent.

Also his support act Playing For Change were a pleasant surprise too.

By the way, some kind people have already compiled the setlist for tonight:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/robert-plant/2013/sydney-entertainment-centre-sydney-australia-3d89137.html

My ears are still buzzing and super excited, I wish I can go to his shows again.

Not sure if I can go to sleep, but goodnight anyway.

Yeah, I was at the Sydney show too, but I have to say, I didn't really like Black Dog. I think it's the riff that really makes that song, so leaving it out was strange.

Also - he kept on saying "See you soon", "see you next year."

?????

Yeah, I was at the Sydney show too, but I have to say, I didn't really like Black Dog. I think it's the riff that really makes that song, so leaving it out was strange.

Also - he kept on saying "See you soon", "see you next year."

?????

I agree that the original versions are unbeatable.

As my wife said, it's just not the same without John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page.

Having said that though, I am fascinated in how Robert Plant twists and turns the songs in new ways.

And with the "See you soon" remarks, I hope he does.

The concert zoomed past too quickly.

I'm looking forward to seeing him again.

With Grandpa Elliott of Playing for Change.

6748_10151537245936620_234167130_n.jpg

photo source: http://www.facebook.com/PlayingForChange

OMG Grandpa Elliott is from New Orleans!

He is a NOLA street performer! He and his partner Stoney are some awesome blues players!!!

We used to see him ALL the time in the Quarter!

So cool that he opened for Robert! And what an awesome pic!!!

Thanks for posting, Janvier!

Now I will have to see what all Grandpa has been up to lately!

Peace!

Archived