Robert Plant 2013 Tour Dates

sam_webmaster

Hahah, right ok that was a stupid question, eh? Sorry, I'm tired as shit, you'll have to excuse me

Anyway, can't say exactly because of Bluesfest.

I'm assuming Sydney Entertainment Centre (the one I was at) is going to be around 11,000 because that's what the seating plan was.

Robert needs to head up back to Oklahoma sometime! Saw him July 16th 210...10 days after my 16th birthday. It was my first concert! I haven't watched any of the videos from these recent shows but I imagine they are great. It's nice that he always changes up the setlist, different bands and renditions and the like. Glad you all had fun!

post-14347-0-57095800-1365503173_thumb.jRobert Plant visits Welly record store

Led Zep singer hits capital record shop

KERRY MCBRIDE

Even rock stars have their tourist moments - and Robert Plant couldn't resist stopping to take a photo of the cardboard cutouts in the window of Wellington record store Slow Boat Records this afternoon.

The English musician and former Led Zeppelin frontman stopped in at the Cuba St record store ahead of his show tonight with his band the Sensational Space Shifters.

Plant happily chatted with staff members and other customers and spent about half an hour trawling through the 50s and 60s section of the store, before settling on an album by British singer Holly Golightly.

On his way out, Plant - who is regularly listed as one of the world's great rock singers - took a moment to grab a quick snap on his phone of the cardboard guitar-playing woman in the window.

He then told The Dominion Post he was running late for stage set up and was quickly on his way.

Slow Boat owner Dennis O'Brien said Plant and his band were on the same flight as him from Sydney on Monday evening.

"There were quite a few youngish musicians with him. Like classic English jazz players. They were all laughing and cracking jokes all the time. They all just seemed like ordinary sort of people."

Kris Taylor, who also works at Slow Boat, said musicians often stopped in to the store while in Wellington for shows.

"They come and spend heaps of time here. I think musicians just enjoy being around music."

British soul artist Michael Kiwanuka and Johnny Marr of the Smiths had recently checked out the selection.

O'Brien said Plant must have posed for photos and chatted with fans "hundreds and thousands of times".

"But if he can do it one more time for Joe Blow, I think that shows a certain generosity of spirit."

wow,how neat

attachicon.gif8528042.jpgRobert Plant visits Welly record store
Led Zep singer hits capital record shop
KERRY MCBRIDE

Even rock stars have their tourist moments - and Robert Plant couldn't resist stopping to take a photo of the cardboard cutouts in the window of Wellington record store Slow Boat Records this afternoon.
The English musician and former Led Zeppelin frontman stopped in at the Cuba St record store ahead of his show tonight with his band the Sensational Space Shifters.
Plant happily chatted with staff members and other customers and spent about half an hour trawling through the 50s and 60s section of the store, before settling on an album by British singer Holly Golightly.
On his way out, Plant - who is regularly listed as one of the world's great rock singers - took a moment to grab a quick snap on his phone of the cardboard guitar-playing woman in the window.
He then told The Dominion Post he was running late for stage set up and was quickly on his way.
Slow Boat owner Dennis O'Brien said Plant and his band were on the same flight as him from Sydney on Monday evening.
"There were quite a few youngish musicians with him. Like classic English jazz players. They were all laughing and cracking jokes all the time. They all just seemed like ordinary sort of people."
Kris Taylor, who also works at Slow Boat, said musicians often stopped in to the store while in Wellington for shows.
"They come and spend heaps of time here. I think musicians just enjoy being around music."
British soul artist Michael Kiwanuka and Johnny Marr of the Smiths had recently checked out the selection.
O'Brien said Plant must have posed for photos and chatted with fans "hundreds and thousands of times".
"But if he can do it one more time for Joe Blow, I think that shows a certain generosity of spirit."

thanks so much for the pics,as much as I want to see the younger Robert I will take him anyway!!! I wonder why he is letting it go gray as a lot of people would not do that

Last few photos of Robert

Last few photos of Robert

Awesome show last night, went with my dad and he loved it as well. Robert hit some pretty high notes too! His voice is in great shape. Whole Lotta Love was awesome, kind of a blues medley with Hoochie Coochie Man thrown in, not many people seemed to know it though. Spoonful was great also, I don't think Howlin Wolf would have imagined one of his songs to sound like that haha. My favourite songs of the night though would have had to be Ramble On, Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp, What Is and What Should Never be and last but not least Going To California. So glad I went to the concert, now I can say I've seen Robert and JPJ live in concert.

someone on facebook said this about Robert::

Ernest V. DeMaio III Robert: First you shy away from touring with the boys because you don't want to be typecast as "Zeppelin"......then you tour with other bands and play shows with 85% of the songs being Zeppelin material....how about making your millions of fans who have supported you for decades happy and do a tour with JP, JPJ, and JB? You're doing the material anyway....

someone on facebook said this about Robert::

Ernest V. DeMaio III Robert: First you shy away from touring with the boys because you don't want to be typecast as "Zeppelin"......then you tour with other bands and play shows with 85% of the songs being Zeppelin material....how about making your millions of fans who have supported you for decades happy and do a tour with JP, JPJ, and JB? You're doing the material anyway....

85% is an exaggeration. Setlists from this tour haven't reached three quarters Zeppelin material. Robert says he wants to move onto what's new. The Zeppelin material is new, in so far as the way he's interpreting it.

85% is an exaggeration. Setlists from this tour haven't reached three quarters Zeppelin material. Robert says he wants to move onto what's new. The Zeppelin material is new, in so far as the way he's interpreting it.

As far as the interpretation goes, in how many variations can you sing Black Dog? It has sounded the same to me since he was with Alison Krauss... He is comfortable with the groups he has because he is the Zeppelin guy in there, he is the leader of the band. Having three Zeppelin guys in one band even if they wrote new songs just doesn't sound good to him anymore.

robert is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't ( regarding the playing of zep songs ).

we have to remember that when artists tour, they play their original songs - which zep songs are - he co-wrote them, they are his originals.

he has every right to play them, just as jimmy and jonesy would if they chose, and also bonzo if he was still with us.

imo robert presents the songs in ways that make him happy, but also the fans. he can't be expected to belt out a full zep set these days, and anyway, his solo career has been much longer than his zep one was.

i myself MUCH prefer the zeppelin original versions - of course we all do, but until they all decide to get together and re-form, i believe he puts a few songs in his set these days because he genuinely likes the songs, and feel that it sounds good.

just my ho.

you are right,I guess we need to time travel to the 70's

robert is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't ( regarding the playing of zep songs ).

we have to remember that when artists tour, they play their original songs - which zep songs are - he co-wrote them, they are his originals.

he has every right to play them, just as jimmy and jonesy would if they chose, and also bonzo if he was still with us.

imo robert presents the songs in ways that make him happy, but also the fans. he can't be expected to belt out a full zep set these days, and anyway, his solo career has been much longer than his zep one was.

i myself MUCH prefer the zeppelin original versions - of course we all do, but until they all decide to get together and re-form, i believe he puts a few songs in his set these days because he genuinely likes the songs, and feel that it sounds good.

just my ho.

just my ho.

That's about it in a nutshell,slave.

Archived