Robert Plant 2013 Tour Dates

sam_webmaster

someone on facebook said this about Robert::

Ernest V. DeMaio III Robert: First you shy away from touring with the boys because you don't want to be typecast as "Zeppelin"......then you tour with other bands and play shows with 85% of the songs being Zeppelin material....how about making your millions of fans who have supported you for decades happy and do a tour with JP, JPJ, and JB? You're doing the material anyway....

Why anyone would be interested in this quote is a complete mystery to me.

From the robertnpatty Tumblr!

001_zps4a8ab1a4.jpg

Robert in LAX yesterday returning home.
Speaking of returning home, if you follow this link you can check out another of the songs he sings with Patty on her new album, American Kid. This one is titled Highway Song and the harmonies are absolutely gorgeous.
https://weru.org/station/archives/70
Click on 4/09 11 pm and the song starts at the 55:26 mark.
“And I will wait on your return…”

I've saved photos from every show so far except:

March 23rd: Perth, Australia, West Coast Blues & Roots Festival

March 31st: Hunter Valley, Australia, Newcastle Entertainment Centre

Anyone have photos from these nights? Or links to photos online?

Hi Cookie0024,

Here are some West Coast Blues and Roots photos. I love the black and white one. I have it as my desktop.

499964-west-coast-blues-n-roots-2013.jpg

498948-west-coast-blues-n-roots-2013.jpg

499481-west-coast-blues-n-roots-2013.jpg

497929-west-coast-blues-n-roots-2013.jpg

From the robertnpatty Tumblr!

001_zps4a8ab1a4.jpg

Robert in LAX yesterday returning home.

Speaking of returning home, if you follow this link you can check out another of the songs he sings with Patty on her new album, American Kid. This one is titled Highway Song and the harmonies are absolutely gorgeous.

https://weru.org/station/archives/70

Click on 4/09 11 pm and the song starts at the 55:26 mark.

“And I will wait on your return…”

I found the easiest way to get to the song is follow the direct link to the show

https://weru.org/audio/play/35155

And then save the MP3 file there, open it in iTunes, and skip directly to where the song begins.

very impressive,where did you get all these? I like his poster he uses behind his set,shows the old Robert and the fact that he still uses it,would love to have that framed

I've posted all the photos I could find from Robert Plant's tour here. Multiple amateur/pro-shot pics of every show http://imgur.com/a/QC7sp

very impressive,where did you get all these? I like his poster he uses behind his set,shows the old Robert and the fact that he still uses it,would love to have that framed

Lots of different places

RSS Feeds

Getty/AP image searches

Twitter searches

Instagram searches

Tumblr searches

Public Facebook posts

Google Alerts

People tweeting them to @LedZepNews

Reddit

This forum

very nice how you put them together

Lots of different places

RSS Feeds

Getty/AP image searches

Twitter searches

Instagram searches

Tumblr searches

Public Facebook posts

Google Alerts

People tweeting them to @LedZepNews

Reddit

This forum

[i love reading a good review....]

http://realworldrecords.tumblr.com/post/48192692541/juju-explosive-on-the-road-with-robert-plant

Justin Adams and Juldeh Camara, known collectively as JuJu, together with their explosive rhythm section of Billy Fuller and Dave Smith have just returned from a tour of Singapore , Australia and New Zealand as part of Robert Plant’s new Sensational Space Shifters band. Wowing audiences of up to 20,000 with their futuristic take on Afro-Trance blues, the band are currently unveiling dates for a U.S. tour with Plant in June and July. Juldeh’s spotlight moments have become highlights of the show, and Robert Plant himself has been in unbelievable form, his voice steering the band to new psychedelic heights.

The press reaction has been outstanding:

The New Zealand Herald on April 12th said: Plant and his guitar-powered band restructured Led Zep songs with unpredictable dynamics and arrangements, throwing in everything from swirling synthesizers to the traditional instruments played by Gambian musician Juldeh Camara, who helped drag many of those blues-derived riffs back to the sub-Sahara. ‘

This was the response from Canberra Times on March 30th: ‘What’s going on is further proof that Plant is far more imaginative, playful and adventurous than any cliche of a clumping old rocker, a man who’s absorbed all the music he’s loved and played and sought out the musicians to explore that. For a start he has a band capable of power when needed but the flexibility and talent to glide from African rhythms to Arabic shapes to Moog-enhanced electronica and down into the blues via American roots. Bassplayer Billy Fuller, drummer Dave Smith, keyboardist and sound manipulator John Baggott and lead guitarist Skin Tyson offer all that and more, superbly. Then there’s the extra colourings added by guitarist/producer Justin Adams, whose knowledge of African music is immeasurable, and Gambian Juldeh Camara, mostly on the bowed, two-stringed riti and occasionally on keening vocals.’

neat..but I still like the Zep stuff better

[i love reading a good review....]

http://realworldrecords.tumblr.com/post/48192692541/juju-explosive-on-the-road-with-robert-plant

Justin Adams and Juldeh Camara, known collectively as JuJu, together with their explosive rhythm section of Billy Fuller and Dave Smith have just returned from a tour of Singapore , Australia and New Zealand as part of Robert Plant’s new Sensational Space Shifters band. Wowing audiences of up to 20,000 with their futuristic take on Afro-Trance blues, the band are currently unveiling dates for a U.S. tour with Plant in June and July. Juldeh’s spotlight moments have become highlights of the show, and Robert Plant himself has been in unbelievable form, his voice steering the band to new psychedelic heights.

The press reaction has been outstanding:

The New Zealand Herald on April 12th said: Plant and his guitar-powered band restructured Led Zep songs with unpredictable dynamics and arrangements, throwing in everything from swirling synthesizers to the traditional instruments played by Gambian musician Juldeh Camara, who helped drag many of those blues-derived riffs back to the sub-Sahara. ‘

This was the response from Canberra Times on March 30th: ‘What’s going on is further proof that Plant is far more imaginative, playful and adventurous than any cliche of a clumping old rocker, a man who’s absorbed all the music he’s loved and played and sought out the musicians to explore that. For a start he has a band capable of power when needed but the flexibility and talent to glide from African rhythms to Arabic shapes to Moog-enhanced electronica and down into the blues via American roots. Bassplayer Billy Fuller, drummer Dave Smith, keyboardist and sound manipulator John Baggott and lead guitarist Skin Tyson offer all that and more, superbly. Then there’s the extra colourings added by guitarist/producer Justin Adams, whose knowledge of African music is immeasurable, and Gambian Juldeh Camara, mostly on the bowed, two-stringed riti and occasionally on keening vocals.’

Interestingly the large psychedelic looking poster he is using as the backdrop for the Sensational Space Shifters was actually used as a promo poster for one of the California shows during Band of Joy. Guess he really liked it and just had the wording changed. Band of Joy had some really interesting promo posters I thought.

oh really,it shows himself in the more of the 70's era so he may really think of that time as the best for him as I do

Interestingly the large psychedelic looking poster he is using as the backdrop for the Sensational Space Shifters was actually used as a promo poster for one of the California shows during Band of Joy. Guess he really liked it and just had the wording changed. Band of Joy had some really interesting promo posters I thought.

I see there is a lot of songs on You tube from his last tour in Australia and New Zealand,I want to make a playlist and get the best of the tapes and not miss a song ,I am new at this so how can I figure this out???

Does anyone have a playlist for what songs he sang,I have been listening to some of these and of course I like the 70's better but really getting hooked on these

I see there is a lot of songs on You tube from his last tour in Australia and New Zealand,I want to make a playlist and get the best of the tapes and not miss a song ,I am new at this so how can I figure this out???

Archived