Jimmy, Robert, and John Paul Jones to appear on CBS Sunday Morning tomorrow at 9 am

aen27

The preview looked great at the beginning of the show. The guys look GREAT in that glass room where the interview takes place. It is not Charlie Rose's interview. Don't they run his interviews on PBS?

Showing grieving parents right now....so sad! :(

The preview looked great at the beginning of the show. The guys look GREAT in that glass room where the interview takes place. It is not Charlie Rose's interview. Don't they run his interviews on PBS?

I thought so too. It may be that will be on his own show. Jimmy has on a white shirt and grey vest from the picture that I posted that came from CBS's twitter page that I found on facebook.

Argh! Too short! :(

+1

I wonder how many hours of tape must still be there? Love their response of Joe Perry's statement! :lol: It's also worth noting that a member here was that guy who told Robert, "you're a God!". I remember him posting the random meeting of Robert and how there were cameras around.

^^ Any more videos besides that one with Robert explaining why they can't do a reunion?

I thought for sure they'd be more footage as someone said they (Robert and interviewer) had gone as far as the apartment building for Physical Graffiti and what not.

I'm assuming they had to edit the heck out of because of the unfortunate incident at the school on Friday. =/

I think I can finally understand Robert's decision after seeing this. He put it so well. "Can you ever really go back and recreate something special in sports" or I cannot remember his other reference, but it made perfect sense. No. They could never at their age be what they were in the 70's but it would still be great. Jimmy seems to be still for it. So I wonder what Jimmy says behind closed doors?

Thought it was interesting that they sandwiched the Led Zeppelin segment between updates of the Conneticut massacre and a segment on the end of the world!!!!! My husband and I looked at each other like "What the . . . . . ?" We're going to report on this most heinous of crimes and then tell you about the end of the world on Friday . . . . but between them, ladies and gentlemen, we present you Led Zeppelin. Again, what the . . . . ? :huh:

I don't understand this shows scheduling.

Thought it was interesting that they sandwiched the Led Zeppelin segment between updates of the Conneticut massacre and a segment on the end of the world!!!!! My husband and I looked at each other like "What the . . . . . ?" We're going to report on this most heinous of crimes and then tell you about the end of the world on Friday . . . . but between them, ladies and gentlemen, we present you Led Zeppelin. Again, what the . . . . ? :huh:

I don't understand this shows scheduling.

lol...yeah, I found it kinda weird too....maybe the Zeps should have been at the very end.

I think I can finally understand Robert's decision after seeing this. He put it so well. "Can you ever really go back and recreate something special in sports" or I cannot remember his other reference, but it made perfect sense.

You know what? I'm really glad about this, as much because it brings YOU peace on the whole subject as anything else. Yay for Robert, yay for you. :beer:

Wait a minute...I thought this was going to be the Charlie Rose interview? According to the Rhino Records site, Charlie Rose interviewed the three guys individually and all together and THIS is what's being aired on CBS Sunday Morning.

So who is this Anthony Mason guy? Are both he and Charlie Rose doing the story?

I thought he did a very nice job.

I have been a Led Zeppelin for at least 35 years. As far as a reunion tour, would someone please tell Robert Plant he doesn't have to do it if he doesn't want to. I have followed the band members' solo careers over the years and continue to do so whenever I get a chance. Speaking for myself, part of what makes Celebration Day work is that they obviously wanted to do it.

I hereby encourage all the members of Led Zeppelin and Jason Bonham as well to do whatever you want to do! EVEN IF IT IS TAKING A VACATION!! Not because I'm tired of you. I'm not! I say they can do whatever they want to do because I believe the magic will be there whatever they do. And if they decide not to tour or do a Superbowl show or whatever, I'll live! My life does not revolve around Led Zeppelin, and I've seen The Song Remains the Same eight times.

But as often as I've seen that movie, I have never once heard or read about any reporter asking any member of Led Zeppelin what else interests them besides Led Zeppelin. No one rocks because they have to. I find questions about reunion tours totally unnecessary and unfortunately that is what the interview consisted of mostly. It's unnecessary because if they're going to tour, they'll say so. All these journalists with their nagging reunion tour questions obviously aren't aware just how much embarrassment they cause real Led Zeppelin fans.

I also find this talk about gods laughable but I humor it.

As for Celebration Day, it is a rare treat. I enjoyed it and I believe I will enjoy it again and again and again . . . :suntan:

1,000 Thank You's for posting this Percys_Plant.

That was an incredible segment!!! Finally, showcasing what the band really meant and stood for/accomplished, etc.

I was pumped up watching this, and am glad to see that they did justice to their legacy by the footage and information shown (within the10min.frame)

Archived