Jimmy, Robert, and John Paul Jones to appear on CBS Sunday Morning tomorrow at 9 am

aen27

Thanks for the post. Very cool to see.

My critique would be: too much emphasis on the hype and not enough discussion of the music .the interviewer could have asked about influences, Zep's acoustic music and world music , etc.

I think the Joe Perry's quote is from the induction ceremony to the RNR Hall of Fame. taken out of context it is a silly quote. I like the way Page brought this silly quote back to being about the music .the music is why Zep is a great band.

I love seeing John Paul Jones getting equal interview and camera time.

This is the way it should have always been too.

It's time people out there see that he was an equal 1/4 of this band... you and I know it.

Now, it's time for the rest of the world to know what an important part of this thing he is.

Am I the only one being quite emotional over this? I had tears in my eyes when Robert said that thing about re-creating a great sports moment and that it's most likely not possible. That put it in a nutshell. I think one can see the honesty and emotion in his eyes.

On a sadder note: That interview was muuuuuuuuch too short!! BUT as always it's lovely seeing them together..I just love them :wub:

that was a great piece. i don't care to hear much about the "sex , drugs, party" stuff. i like it better when they just talk about the music and how they worked together. i liked hearing John Paul talk about how they got together . we heard it before but , usually reading about it but listening to them you know they really felt it was something special.

i like how they did interviews individually and as a group.

I thought the interview was good, but agree that it was short, seemed way edited back. All the historical text with the video took up alot of the space. In regards to robert plant and the media asking about a reunion, on the first press conference for celebration day, Plant said something like; "look we know what we've got..." and tried to have common sense and honesty about it. The media deals with famous people with oversimplification for the most part. This was a good interview, but a better promotional for the dvd/cd.

I have been a Led Zeppelin for at least 35 years. As far as a reunion tour, would someone please tell Robert Plant he doesn't have to do it if he doesn't want to. I have followed the band members' solo careers over the years and continue to do so whenever I get a chance. Speaking for myself, part of what makes Celebration Day work is that they obviously wanted to do it.

I hereby encourage all the members of Led Zeppelin and Jason Bonham as well to do whatever you want to do! EVEN IF IT IS TAKING A VACATION!! Not because I'm tired of you. I'm not! I say they can do whatever they want to do because I believe the magic will be there whatever they do. And if they decide not to tour or do a Superbowl show or whatever, I'll live! My life does not revolve around Led Zeppelin, and I've seen The Song Remains the Same eight times.

But as often as I've seen that movie, I have never once heard or read about any reporter asking any member of Led Zeppelin what else interests them besides Led Zeppelin. No one rocks because they have to. I find questions about reunion tours totally unnecessary and unfortunately that is what the interview consisted of mostly. It's unnecessary because if they're going to tour, they'll say so. All these journalists with their nagging reunion tour questions obviously aren't aware just how much embarrassment they cause real Led Zeppelin fans.

I also find this talk about gods laughable but I humor it.

As for Celebration Day, it is a rare treat. I enjoyed it and I believe I will enjoy it again and again and again . . . :suntan:

I assume you meant the mention of them being the "Gods of rock n Roll?". Well forty years ago and today I still believe they were so damn great they had to have been touched by God in a spiritual way. Greatness in music does not come along like them very often. In rock, never will again. Led Zeppelin will always be the greatest band to ever walk the planet to me. After them a tie between a few. The Who, Pink Floyd, Stones(old Stones not now), Beatles and I have to mention the Eagles. To me the best American band of all time easily. Clapton has to be mentioned too. For sure. He really brought the house down as usual. Second only to Jimmy in my book as the best guitarist. They really were the Gods of rock and roll when I was growing up. I fullfilled one of the most important dreams of my life in getting to see them live. Came within days of seeing them twice until one of their two greatest tragedies hit just days before. I think they are probably tempted to do a studio album but are not wanting the expectation of a tour to follow. I wonder if they have already written some material we do not know of? Perhaps they even played it and someday we will hear it?

I think some people who are saying the feature should have had more of this, or more of that, forget that this was broadcast on the CBS Sunday Morning new show. As such, its target audience is very broad, and most of the viewers have minimal familiarity with LedZep. Same logic applies to the Letterman interview. I know the Zep diehards here wanted a 45 minute piece with nothing but hard-hitting questions to Jimmy, Robert & JPJ, but that probably wasn't what the production crew was looking to do (in either case).

I think some people who are saying the feature should have had more of this, or more of that, forget that this was broadcast on the CBS Sunday Morning new show. As such, its target audience is very broad, and most of the viewers have minimal familiarity with LedZep. Same logic applies to the Letterman interview. I know the Zep diehards here wanted a 45 minute piece with nothing but hard-hitting questions to Jimmy, Robert & JPJ, but that probably wasn't what the production crew was looking to do (in either case).

Exactly. Mainstream media speaks to the broadest possible audience. Deeper, specific interviews are for targeted music and fan-oriented media. The only reason for Led Zep to agree to mainstream media interviews is to promote their DVD to the broadest, largest market. It isn't for the serious fan because they will know about the DVD; it's for someone who followed them years ago or someone buying gifts for a fan. General awareness-building.

And even now...it will continue to be asked. Poor guys

http://www.cbsnews.c...h/?id=50137175n

Comes with the territory when arguably you've put out the greatest catalog of music by any band anywhere. Never mind they're doing press to promote a reunion show that's being offered up for sale to the public. Poor guys? Please......

Am I the only one being quite emotional over this? I had tears in my eyes when Robert said that thing about re-creating a great sports moment and that it's most likely not possible. That put it in a nutshell. I think one can see the honesty and emotion in his eyes. On a sadder note: That interview was muuuuuuuuch too short!! BUT as always it's lovely seeing them together..I just love them :wub:
I was moved by it too...he clearly understands the awesome responsibility that goes with being the singer of Zeppelin and all that goes with it. But......dare I say is he too hard on himself or overly critical of where he is right now as a singer? Almost like thank god I got thru it! Shit, the man can still bring it fronting Zeppelin. I think Robert is his probably his harshest critic, that's what I got from watching that piece.

What type of "hard-hitting" questions?

What about the part when the chick walks up to Robert Plant on the street and says "Oh blah, blah, blah, you're still soo hot!" What a back-handed compliment if I ever heard one! If he "still looks hot", wouldn't that make him just plain ol' "hot"? What a bitch. Imagine if Robert Plant had said to the lady, "yeah you got a great body, but that face of yours is fucking hideous!" Hahah!

What about the part when the chick walks up to Robert Plant on the street and says "Oh blah, blah, blah, you're still soo hot!" What a back-handed compliment if I ever heard one! If he "still looks hot", wouldn't that make him just plain ol' "hot"? What a bitch. Imagine if Robert Plant had said to the lady, "yeah you got a great body, but that face of yours is fucking hideous!" Hahah!

I didn't get the impression that her comment bothered him in the least. I mean, if that's the worst thing that happens to you in a given day you're doing alright!

Archived