Pictures of Led Zeppelin through the years

ZEPFAN17

I noticed more and more photos being posted without dates/locations/circumstances. I know not everyone knows the story for each one - this is a request for people to please include identification info when they post photos as a courtesy to others, if not for archival purposes. After all, think of those silly Mitch Mitchell photos that go around labeled as a young Jimmy Page because somewhere early on someone reposted without the ID info.

tumblr_mk90r0pvyO1rokj16o1_500.jpg

Based on their hair and clothing I'm going to guess that this photo is from the very early Zep period: late 1968 or 1969. The most obvious question is where was John Bonham? Did the photographer just want to focus on the band's pretty boys? What's up with JPJ and the balloon? Also, did anyone else notice the high heels on Page's shoes?

Based on their hair and clothing I'm going to guess that this photo is from the very early Zep period: late 1968 or 1969. The most obvious question is where was John Bonham? Did the photographer just want to focus on the band's pretty boys? What's up with JPJ and the balloon? Also, did anyone else notice the high heels on Page's shoes?

i was thinking the balloon is probably supposed to be a zeppelin . hard to tell from this side.

JPJ performing a concert in his skivvies! Who knew!?! :D

I think that was the show they did by a swimming pool, when they all were in bathing suits. I can't for the life of me remember when that was though I know I've got photos somewhere.

Does anyone have the original to this picture?

yDFT0yY.jpg

It was in the original OP but the image doesn't work anymore. I saved the image and used it as an avatar but I cropped it and now I don't have the original anymore. It was much larger and I really liked it, so if anyone has it and can upload it would be much appreciated.

Does anyone have the original to this picture?

yDFT0yY.jpg

It was in the original OP but the image doesn't work anymore. I saved the image and used it as an avatar but I cropped it and now I don't have the original anymore. It was much larger and I really liked it, so if anyone has it and can upload it would be much appreciated.

Here you are. :)

minnea75.jpg

Archived