Pictures of Led Zeppelin through the years

ZEPFAN17

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

cute, i wonder how young jimmy would have reacted to an older version of himself. and what older jimmy would say to young jimmy.

A couple of days ago while watching <Black Dog> from 2007 concert, I noticed how Jimmy's movements were so silmilar to those he made in that 1957 video clip.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of days ago while watching <Black Dog> from 2007 concert, I noticed how Jimmy's movements were so silmilar to those he made in that 1957 video clip.

Musicians don't always have much conscious awareness of what their bodies are doing. A professional performer - particularly someone who stands out from the others (as opposed to, say, a second stand violinist in an orchestra) would try to guide his movements and facial expressions to something that was more attractive, but then there's performers like Joe Cocker who don't care or maybe can't. Some musicians get so into the music they don't spare much awareness for anything else.

It can be an interesting exercise to look at videos of young musicians who don't yet have control of their bodies while they're into the music - not for laughs, but to provide a basis for understanding what a pro on stage is doing: Is it choreography or is it "real"?

At any rate, it's not surprising that the JP of 1957 and 2007 would move the same. In fact, that's a nice thing when you think of it - it means it isn't just all showmanship, it's a direction expression of the Muse.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

enhanced-buzz-14662-1387560020-33.jpg

I read an interview with the photographer who took this photo a few years ago. He mentioned that the boys were wasted when he showed up and didn't want to cooperate. Peter Grant picked JPJ up, carried him over to the chair then plopped him on it.

Archived