Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
ZEPFAN17

Pictures of Led Zeppelin through the years

John Paul Jones playing a Gibson Les Paul Guitar - I think it's Jimmy's Honeyburst Number 2JohnPaulJonesplayingaGibsonLesPaulGuitar

JohnPaulJonesofLedZeppelinaboardthebands

JohnPaulJonesampJohnBonham_2.jpg

JohnPaulJonesandJimmyPageofLedZeppelin.j

Edited by azad

wow, I think you've just posted more Jonesy pics than there are in the whole section! :)

great pics!

Yeah, my favourite bass player and probably muso of all time. :)

Does anyone know what instrument JPJ is playing in the bottom photo? It's almost as big as he is.

Hi Disco Duck,

It's called a balalaika,

It's a Russian Folk instrument. :)

RobertPlantampJohnPaulJones_12.jpg

Great collection Azad! Thanks for posting. Jonesy is pretty awesome. This bloke's alright too :)

Edited by WLL4LZ

Great collection Azad! Thanks for posting. Jonesy is pretty awesome. This bloke's alright too :)

Hey WLL4LZ, no problem.

Yeah, Percy is awesome.

To be honest, all 4 of them are up the top of my favorite musos. :)

Interesting...

10678774_729294110440842_710650966312169

Interesting animal pairing. I can totally see Page as a black panther, Plant as a lion and Bonham as a bear. But JPJ as a wolf? I must give this more thought.

I though so too about JPJ but I can't think for now what animal he would be

^^ This gave me a laugh! I think this is really well done - the photos chosen go so perfectly with the animals - both in looks & personality. I have always thought of Bonzo as bear-like, Robert as a big Leo/lion & JPP definately has feline characteristics.

I was not sure of the JPJ/wolf comparison at first either but that particular photo emphasises the fact that his face can look narrow & his nose is quite long. Wolves seem quite reserved by nature. But what did it for me though was when I read that wolves generally hang out in family units & that they are usually monogomous, mating for life. And that their howls are quite complex musical arrangements - they harmonise rather than howling the same note, so that it sounds like there are more of them. Very JPJ :)

LedZeppelin.jpg

Rupert Bear trousers - bad idea. And stone me, looks like Neil Young moonlighting as Bonzo's drum tech.

Edited by renounce