Jimmy Page Playing Chopin But When

weslgarlic

I wish more of the guitar greats had experimented like this. It sounds great. The artistry of Classical + the power of Classic Rock = :thumbsup:. BTW, I love the way he can't stop smoking for two minutes to play the songs. :lol:

I bought the Arms DVD the other day from eBay, it only took 2 days to arrive over Christmas , so I gave a positive feedback ,only to find that the DVD freezes & skips frequently Clapton then Winwood and stops during both and turns off ,freezes & skips through Beck ,but seems fine through Page set till the end. It only gives the scene option choice once its played through. It is Japanese copy though

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
On 10/17/2019 at 12:13 AM, Paganini said:

The question should be “Why.?” .....not when ?

If so, the answer is because Prelude, City Sirens and Who's to blame are all the Death Wish II soundtrack released about 18 months prior. Aside from that album, he had released no other post-Led Zeppelin solo material at that time.  

12 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

If so, the answer is because Prelude, City Sirens and Who's to blame are all the Death Wish II soundtrack released about 18 months prior. Aside from that album, he had released no other post-Led Zeppelin solo material at that time.  

Cheers SAJ ..I never really got it but it’s somewhat clearer now. Not exactly vintage Page performance but he sure looked cool doing it !

On 10/18/2019 at 3:15 AM, Paganini said:

Cheers SAJ ..I never really got it but it’s somewhat clearer now. Not exactly vintage Page performance but he sure looked cool doing it !

It sounded better in the hall than it does on the video.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:13 AM, Paganini said:

The question should be “Why.?”

As was mentioned it is on the Death Wish 2 soundtrack.  Beyond that I imagine he chose it because it is a beautiful, haunting melody and he had a vision that it would work well with his style of guitar playing.  And he was right.    I am not a big fan of the very 80s sounding drums, bass and synths here but Jimmy gets his vision across.   The guitar is sublime.  When I first heard this back in 1982 I thought Page had really come back swinging.