Celebration Day Vinyl

luvlz2

their official facebook page released a statement in german (!) that the german fans may get it from today on. i wanna run & catch it, but what about those skips in IMTOD mentioned above ?? a pressing mistake ? unwilling to spend 46€ for something that perhaps has not been looked after perfectly. https://www.facebook.com/ledzeppelin

Well folks, I will tell you quite honestly: I'm a bit underwhelmed by the set. The packaging is lovely. I love the box and that the vinyl was not put into the cardboard sleeves, but in seperate polylined sleeves. Huge plus!!

Now the sound and that is a big let-down. As a vinyl afficionado I was looking forward to the rich and good sound of a new LP, but the sound is somewhat flat and sounds very different from the original recording. I've found out though that the "skips" on IMTOD aren't in fact skips, they simply cut out whole chunks of the songs!! And that is NOT cool..They did the same in WWL and Kashmir and it's really really annoying, especially as the cut-outs aren't even done well, they were just cut out, just like that.

I got it for 36€ so the price ain't the problem, but really I was expecting better quality..Slight disappointment over here

:D I would take such great care of it that this would not be needed:-)...That is WHEN I get it:-)

The real problem is the quality of U.S album sleeves, they're shite. British sleeves are much better quality. And the way that guy handled the LP, If anybody handled any of my vinyl like that I'd knock them out, metophoricaly of course.

Now the sound and that is a big let-down. As a vinyl afficionado I was looking forward to the rich and good sound of a new LP, but the sound is somewhat flat and sounds very different from the original recording. I've found out though that the "skips" on IMTOD aren't in fact skips, they simply cut out whole chunks of the songs!! And that is NOT cool..They did the same in WWL and Kashmir and it's really really annoying, especially as the cut-outs aren't even done well, they were just cut out, just like that.

seriously, CUT OUT ?? you mean they cut out whole parts of songs to accomodate the vinyl format ???

may they rot in hell for this, ive spent enuff cash in my life for LZ vinyl already, but this time they aint getting it.

i'm only wondering what Ahmet Ertegün would've said about this..

seriously, CUT OUT ?? you mean they cut out whole parts of songs to accomodate the vinyl format ???

may they rot in hell for this, ive spent enuff cash in my life for LZ vinyl already, but this time they aint getting it.

i'm only wondering what Ahmet Ertegün would've said about this..

that's exactly what I mean. I've just found out that on Trampled Underfoot it's particularly annoying. I'm thinking about returning it cause I'm really starting to get pissed about the cut-outs

Well folks, I will tell you quite honestly: I'm a bit underwhelmed by the set. The packaging is lovely. I love the box and that the vinyl was not put into the cardboard sleeves, but in seperate polylined sleeves. Huge plus!!

I got it for 36€ so the price ain't the problem, but really I was expecting better quality..Slight disappointment over here

That's me sorted, then. No vinyl for me...I'm not wasting my money on some edited version I would never play.

its just plain awful to release this crap! im a gonna go check the boot vinyl releases of the O2 now, saw one in a market like a year or two ago. perhaps those guys made it a quadruple album with the WHOLE concert on..

There is a triple vinyl bootleg called "The Grand Levitation" with the whole concert but the set is fucking expensive.

300199562616.jpg

There is a triple vinyl bootleg called "The Grand Levitation" with the whole concert but the set is fucking expensive.

300199562616.jpg

thanks Reswati - yeah, i think thats the one i saw before. the cover doesnt also look half bad..

does anyone know if it sounds any good ?

Archived