does this happen to anyone else?

anita1967

when I arrive home from work, I usually have some Zeppelin related topic to share with my daughter, be it about the band as a whole, or a member. She tells me I act like I know them personally, and I reply that I know them as well as any other obsessed fan can who has grown up with their music constantly on their mind...

has anyone else got someone telling them that they're obsessed? What is your response? I know what mine is..Ive been this way since I was 12 and Im not going to change now!

yeah I am certainly have to defend my Led Zeppelin affinities all the time.

Every now and then my girlfriend says "yeah but you only listen to Led Zeppelin anyways"

to which I say "that's because there's nothing better" or something like that.

finding a bunch of bootlegs didn't help the obsession either :(:D

yeah I am certainly have to defend my Led Zeppelin affinities all the time.

Every now and then my girlfriend says "yeah but you only listen to Led Zeppelin anyways"

to which I say "that's because there's nothing better" or something like that.

finding a bunch of bootlegs didn't help the obsession either :(:D

I always get the "dont you ever get tired of listening to that over and over?"....no! Even after almost 30 years of listening I still make sure I listen to a different part of each song every time I listen to it and pull it apart to its barest elements. I am still suprised by some of the things I hear even though its engraved into my memories..

i saw this in another post and im borrowing it--if you dream it they will tour!

I always get the "dont you ever get tired of listening to that over and over?"....no! Even after almost 30 years of listening I still make sure I listen to a different part of each song every time I listen to it and pull it apart to its barest elements. I am still suprised by some of the things I hear even though its engraved into my memories..

i saw this in another post and im borrowing it--if you dream it they will tour!

not everything is about psychotherapy....something you really enjoy in life...becomes a part of your life....cause your daughter is part of your life...you talk with/about her everyday....cause zeppelin was such a huge part of your life as a little kid.....they are 'part' of your life....and so you talk about them.....because in some strange way....they are family

not everything is about psychotherapy....something you really enjoy in life...becomes a part of your life....cause your daughter is part of your life...you talk with/about her everyday....cause zeppelin was such a huge part of your life as a little kid.....they are 'part' of your life....and so you talk about them.....because in some strange way....they are family

she's a fan too...I watched TSRTS for the googolplex umteenth time the other day and out of the corner of my eye I could see she was watching it, then asking me questions. She's not the one who asks how I still listen over and over, but she does give me the usual, "Oh my god mom, your obsessed" You're absolutely right about them seeming like a part of the family, because they are a huge part of my life just like my kids. Spot on!

Tonight there was a commercial on tv for Cashmere sweaters....I heard it from the other room and yelled out Kashmir!!...my nine yr old daughter said, "what?" I said, "nothing, just know that if I say something you don't understand, it probable has to do with Led Zeppelin"

I'm making myself sick with this obsession...... :blink:

Tonight there was a commercial on tv for Cashmere sweaters....I heard it from the other room and yelled out Kashmir!!...my nine yr old daughter said, "what?" I said, "nothing, just know that if I say something you don't understand, it probable has to do with Led Zeppelin"

I'm making myself sick with this obsession...... :blink:

if this is being sick, I dont want the cure! I have defended the faith over the years, and I feel that the rest of the world is catching up to us!

dude, its late, and I put it in the wrong place.

sorry bout that , but, relax

yeah, I felt like a total smush after I replied cause I thought I was implicated in a 'ramble on' thread cover operation conducted by the zeppelin police for not being 02 enough in the thread

man, it's late***

Great music is supposed to be an obsession...there is no middle ground here. With regards to Zep, yeah, i've had friends wonder about my maturity level and whatnot. Of course, they have all gone on to the "easy rock" genre so i am left to wonder about their sanity level.

Timeless music is priceless and belongs in your soul. If you ever try to shake it out, you will be losing a vital part of who/what you are as a person.

When they question your "obsession", just laugh and pity them because they don't know what we know. :)

when I arrive home from work, I usually have some Zeppelin related topic to share with my daughter, be it about the band as a whole, or a member. She tells me I act like I know them personally, and I reply that I know them as well as any other obsessed fan can who has grown up with their music constantly on their mind...

I was thinking about this the other day, like learning how to play Led Zeppelin songs on guitar, or any good guitarist's songs...in a way you gain a better understanding of what they were thinking when they wrote the song, how they were feeling, and how it feels to actually put your fingers on the strings and make THAT SOUND. The joy of playing the BLACK DOG riff all the way through without making a mistake - I think it's on the way to feeling as they felt when they actually wrote it....

just my weird fan opinion.

gah!

I totally got suckered in too!

good topic, wrong place :(

dont let that phase you....the fanpolice are on here. if its a good topic, who gives a monkey's if its posted in the wrong forum?! whats going to happen, I wont ever get to meet the band? Gimme a break.

I feel the same way as eveyone else on this topic. I am ALWAYS feeling judged for liking Zeppelin "too much". If I am on the computer looking up new Zeppelin news or topics people will come in and say things like, "you know you can do the "Zeppelin thing" anytime, why don't you give it a break?" That pisses me off. Just because they can't enjoy something as much as we do doesn't mean they have to judge us like that. Let us Led Heads be! Zep ROCK!

Great music is supposed to be an obsession...there is no middle ground here. With regards to Zep, yeah, i've had friends wonder about my maturity level and whatnot. Of course, they have all gone on to the "easy rock" genre so i am left to wonder about their sanity level.

Timeless music is priceless and belongs in your soul. If you ever try to shake it out, you will be losing a vital part of who/what you are as a person.

When they question your "obsession", just laugh and pity them because they don't know what we know. :)

amen.

thats why I'd rather take pictures than write. because I cant put thoughts into words

I feel the same way as eveyone else on this topic. I am ALWAYS feeling judged for liking Zeppelin "too much". If I am on the computer looking up new Zeppelin news or topics people will come in and say things like, "you know you can do the "Zeppelin thing" anytime, why don't you give it a break?" That pisses me off. Just because they can't enjoy something as much as we do doesn't mean they have to judge us like that. Let us Led Heads be! Zep ROCK!

well said! Never abandon the faith!

I completely understand. Something about Led Zeppelin completely distinguishes them from all other bands. There is a mystique, something you can't quite put your finger on. I love Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Eric Clapton, etc., but I haven't gone out and bought all of their albums, nor did I buy several books about them.

Writing the four symbols on the inside of all my trapper keepers in high school (be honest, some of you did the same thing) is another example of the esteem with which I held the band among rock musicians. Twenty years later and I still love to talk about LZ, to the point of driving some of my friends crazy. My incessant "Isn't this f--cking awesome"s about the O2 event has gotten me close to being cut off by the bartender. Interestingly though I've run across more than a few people who enjoy discussing them as much as I do, with just as big a smile on their face.

There isn't a lot of middle ground when it comes to Zep. The people who love them REALLY love them, and the people who don't, well they can be just as passionate too, to the point where I've felt like a close friend has been insulted. Don't get me started on some of the malicious critics like John Mendelsnot who resented the incredible success they had in taking rock 'n roll in a new direction after the sixties. They just don't "get it" and never will.

Dont worry -anita, i drove my family crazy with listening to -led zep growing up, but your situation is another phase of life. Only thingl i have heard/read of musicians growing up with parents that listen to alot of -bob dylan, and then they can never listen to -dylan again in their life.

I completely understand. Something about Led Zeppelin completely distinguishes them from all other bands. There is a mystique, something you can't quite put your finger on. I love Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Eric Clapton, etc., but I haven't gone out and bought all of their albums, nor did I buy several books about them.

Writing the four symbols on the inside of all my trapper keepers in high school (be honest, some of you did the same thing) is another example of the esteem with which I held the band among rock musicians. Twenty years later and I still love to talk about LZ, to the point of driving some of my friends crazy. My incessant "Isn't this f--cking awesome"s about the O2 event has gotten me close to being cut off by the bartender. Interestingly though I've run across more than a few people who enjoy discussing them as much as I do, with just as big a smile on their face.

There isn't a lot of middle ground when it comes to Zep. The people who love them REALLY love them, and the people who don't, well they can be just as passionate too, to the point where I've felt like a close friend has been insulted. Don't get me started on some of the malicious critics like John Mendelsnot who resented the incredible success they had in taking rock 'n roll in a new direction after the sixties. They just don't "get it" and never will.

my brother called me at work back in September to tell me he heard Martha Quinn say on Sirius that there was going to be a definate stadium tour next year. I started screaming and jumping up and down...looking like a total nutter. My close friends understood when I told them the news, but my boss chewed my ass (hes a nucountry fan) for being unprofessional. I was there for ten years, I quit three weeks ago!

Dont worry -anita, i drove my family crazy with listening to -led zep growing up, but your situation is another phase of life. Only thingl i have heard/read of musicians growing up with parents that listen to alot of -bob dylan, and then they can never listen to -dylan again in their life.

I feel like im 17 again....im LOVING this!

my brother called me at work back in September to tell me he heard Martha Quinn say on Sirius that there was going to be a definate stadium tour next year. I started screaming and jumping up and down...looking like a total nutter. My close friends understood when I told them the news, but my boss chewed my ass (hes a nucountry fan) for being unprofessional. I was there for ten years, I quit three weeks ago!

Good for you. Ten years gone but your still holdin' on, eh? :D Good luck in your new endeavors. Hopefully you won't have to work for another stick in the mud.

Archived