Another senseless shooting, in my neck of the woods

LedZeppfan77

You didn't come into that until late, either.

Are you sure about that? I'm almost certain that we got into the war the same as you did when the Japanese attacked China in 1937. Or was it 1936 when Mussolini invaded Ethiopia?

I can never get the dates right. But being that both of our nations were equally concerned about defending people around the world from the evil Axis powers: I'm sure that there was no delay in getting involved from either of our nations.

FYI.

liberal

adj.

a. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.

b. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behaviour of others; open-minded.

c. Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.

d. Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.

Liberal

adj.

being so open-minded that your brain falls out of your skull onto the ground, and then you are in the position to be a bona-fide victim, and you can then blame your misfortune on somebody else... anybody else, but usually a conservative.

Are you sure about that? I'm almost certain that we got into the war the same as you did when the Japanese attacked China in 1937. Or was it 1936 when Mussolini invaded Ethiopia?

I can never get the dates right. But being that both of our nations were equally concerned about defending people around the world from the evil Axis powers: I'm sure that there was no delay in getting involved from either of our nations.

Australia declared war on Europe in September 1939.

The US didn't enter the war until 1942 after Pearl Harbour in 1941.

My uncle an Australian, served in the US navy and was KIA in the Pacific.

I'd have to check who was involved in those other conflicts but to my knowledge neither Aus or the US was involved in either of them.

I'd have to check who was involved in those other conflicts [1936 Italian invasion of Ethiopia & 1937 Japanese invasion of China] but to my knowledge neither Aus or the US was involved in either of them.

BINGO! And neither was Britain and France involved in coming to their rescue.

Ironic isn't it?

Thank God this homeowner was afforded his Second Amendment rights.

Yeah, ledded1 - a home invasion.

This goes out to SagittariusRising, and everyone else who insists that a gun owner, faced with a situation requiring use of their weapon, wouldn't be able to be very effective.

I think you'll find when someone - especially a parent - is faced with danger, they often are able to step up and perform, which is human nature.

We are hard-wired to face challenges, especially when they are possibly life and death challenges.

But without being afforded our Second Amendment rights, we would find ourselves severely handicapped against determined criminals.

http://www.officer.c...g-home-invasion

I just wonder if these criminals would ever have gotten the idea of an armed robbery if it would be more difficult to find a weapon on every street corner.

I just wonder if these criminals would ever have gotten the idea of an armed robbery if it would be more difficult to find a weapon on every street corner.

Yeah, that sounds right. Because criminals are basically unmotivated without that kind of inspiration.

Sheesh

Thank God this homeowner was afforded his Second Amendment rights.

Yeah, ledded1 - a home invasion.

This goes out to SagittariusRising, and everyone else who insists that a gun owner, faced with a situation requiring use of their weapon, wouldn't be able to be very effective.

I think you'll find when someone - especially a parent - is faced with danger, they often are able to step up and perform, which is human nature.

We are hard-wired to face challenges, especially when they are possibly life and death challenges.

But without being afforded our Second Amendment rights, we would find ourselves severely handicapped against determined criminals.

http://www.officer.c...g-home-invasion

14476_318465114933602_1127152972_n.jpg

Doing TV adverts now eh Type Opeless

FYI.

liberal

adj.

a. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.

b. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behaviour of others; broad-minded. (that rules you out).

c. Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.

d. Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.

a. Tending to give freely; generous: a liberal benefactor.

b. Generous in amount; ample: a liberal serving of potatoes.

3. Not strict or literal; loose or approximate: a liberal translation.

4. Of, relating to, or based on the traditional arts and sciences of a college or university curriculum: a liberal education.

a. Archaic Permissible or appropriate for a person of free birth; befitting a lady or gentleman.

b. Obsolete Morally unrestrained; licentious.

n.

1. A person with liberal ideas or opinions.

2. Liberal A member of a Liberal political party.

Wasting you breath explaining the English language about words like liberal. The only "liberal" word they really understand is how much tomato sauce to put on their hot dog at a football game. These Republican idealists ( some as crazy as those fundamental Christians)just want to shoot others in the name of freedom but would shit themselves if they had to fire a gun in anger despite their bullshit macho rhetoric. They live in the home of the brave and the land of the free where they sit at home cowering and paranoid that their government militia wants to invade their home or where their kids can;'t even go to school and feel safe. Good job they lost the election cos the world as well as the USA would be up shit creek even more than they already are. These guys give America a bad name and are the reason other cultures/counties don't like America. More testosterone than brains.

Wasting you breath explaining the English language about words like liberal. The only "liberal" word they really understand is how much tomato sauce to put on their hot dog at a football game. These Republican idealists ( some as crazy as those fundamental Christians)just want to shoot others in the name of freedom but would shit themselves if they had to fire a gun in anger despite their bullshit macho rhetoric. They live in the home of the brave and the land of the free where they sit at home cowering and paranoid that their government militia wants to invade their home or where their kids can;'t even go to school and feel safe. Good job they lost the election cos the work as well as the USA would be up shit creek even more than they already are. These guys give America a bad name and are the reason other cultures/counties don't like America. More testosterone than brains.

lol

Awesome post.

These Republican idealists ( some as crazy as those fundamental Christians)just want to shoot others in the name of freedom but would shit themselves if they had to fire a gun in anger despite their bullshit macho rhetoric. They live in the home of the brave and the land of the free where they sit at home cowering and paranoid that their government militia wants to invade their home or where their kids can;'t even go to school and feel safe. Good job they lost the election cos the world as well as the USA would be up shit creek even more than they already are. These guys give America a bad name and are the reason other cultures/counties don't like America. More testosterone than brains.

Ah, ad hominem attack.

Forever the assured final refuge of witless dullards.

Your responses remain a half-level above yo' momma snaps.

By the way, if we've more testosterone than brains, then that flies in the face of your previous allegation that we're cowards.

Sounds like you need to lay off all the pints down at The Rat's Breath, or The Incontinent Donkey, or whatever the pub you suck down that warm swill you call beer is called.

Wasting you breath explaining the English language about words like liberal. The only "liberal" word they really understand is how much tomato sauce to put on their hot dog at a football game.

We don't put tomato sauce on hot dogs, genius.

Must be an English thing.

And if you're referring to soccer, please identify it as such, as we understand football to mean an actual sport played by real men, not a bunch of sissies playing kickball.

The biggest threat to your health and safety at those events are from the sociopaths in the stands waiting to riot with each other.

Jeez, no wonder they've outlawed guns there.

You neanderthals aren't evolved enough to be trusted with a firearm, you can't even go to a game of footie without beating each other's heads in.

Maybe that's where all the pent-up aggression comes from.

See, our sports are exciting enough that we can get vicarious release by watching something that's actually entertaining.

As opposed to your becoming further enraged by the realization that your national past time is so effeminate that you actually have to bring violence to the game to make it interesting.

And you have the nerve to call us knuckledraggers.

LOL

Ah, ad hominem attack.

Forever the assured final refuge of witless dullards.

Your responses remain a half-level above yo' momma snaps.

By the way, if we've more testosterone than brains, then that flies in the face of your previous allegation that we're cowards.

Sounds like you need to lay off all the pints down at The Rat's Breath, or The Incontinent Donkey, or whatever the pub you suck down that warm swill you call beer is called.

We don't put tomato sauce on hot dogs, genius.

Must be an English thing.

And if you're referring to soccer, please identify it as such, as we understand football to mean an actual sport played by real men, not a bunch of sissies playing kickball.

The biggest threat to your health and safety at those events are from the sociopaths in the stands waiting to riot with each other.

Jeez, no wonder they've outlawed guns there.

You neanderthals aren't evolved enough to be trusted with a firearm, you can't even go to a game of footie without beating each other's heads in.

Maybe that's where all the pent-up aggression comes from.

See, our sports are exciting enough that we can get vicarious release by watching something that's actually entertaining.

As opposed to your becoming further enraged by the realization that your national past time is so effeminate that you actually have to bring violence to the game to make it interesting.

And you have the nerve to call us knuckledraggers.

LOL

Ho ho ho, the redneck speaks shite as per usual. Well to use your term "knuckledragger" it must be hard for you to multi task keeping one of them off the ground at any one time.oH I was on about football as in not really football given it's hardly ever kicked. I prefer real football.Your mother would be so proud that a child of hers was able to achieve something in life other than learning how not to drag both of his hairy knuckles at the same time.

By the way The Rats Breath pub isn't there anymore it's now an Indian restaurant. The Incontinent Donkey became a KFC.

I love the fact that you have to work so hard at insults cos it amuses me to think that your synapse is actually working for something other than how to pull a trigger. I also love that your insults end up being aimed ( pardon the pun)

at soccer & English beer. That must have taxed your brain immensely.

Even testosterone loaded morons can be cowards as your mother would know too.

Well if our sociopaths go to football then yours are roaming the streets shooting kids and firemen. Oh by the way, you should see how other countries football crowds behave. Mind you that would mean you recognizing that there are other countries in the world and even where on a map they might be. But you must have worn yourself out already so save the cartographic explorations for another day. ( map reading for you I mean).

I would suggest that good evolution means that we don't have theurge to blow each other away for the need to use some of the bullets you bought in case they go past their sell by date. I love the fact that you feel countries with different more sensible gun laws haven't evolved. Brilliant, well done for that bit if genius thinking.. Now go and rest,the cartoons will be on TV later.

I love the fact that you have to work so hard at insults cos it amuses me to think that your synapse is actually working for something other than how to pull a trigger. I also love that your insults end up being aimed ( pardon the pun)

Believe me, it's no effort.

After all, you're so easily amused.

I simply work with what you provide me.

Ho ho ho, the redneck speaks shite as per usual. Well to use your term "knuckledragger" it must be hard for you to multi task keeping one of them off the ground at any one time.oH I was on about football as in not really football given it's hardly ever kicked. I prefer real football.Your mother would be so proud that a child of hers was able to achieve something in life other than learning how not to drag both of his hairy knuckles at the same time.

By the way The Rats Breath pub isn't there anymore it's now an Indian restaurant. The Incontinent Donkey became a KFC.

Even testosterone loaded morons can be cowards as your mother would know too.

Well if our sociopaths go to football then yours are roaming the streets shooting kids and firemen. Oh by the way, you should see how other countries football crowds behave. Mind you that would mean you recognizing that there are other countries in the world and even where on a map they might be. But you must have worn yourself out already so save the cartographic explorations for another day. ( map reading for you I mean).

I would suggest that good evolution means that we don't have theurge to blow each other away for the need to use some of the bullets you bought in case they go past their sell by date. I love the fact that you feel countries with different more sensible gun laws haven't evolved. Brilliant, well done for that bit if genius thinking.. Now go and rest,the cartoons will be on TV later.

Aaaaaaaaaaand, the last half-level has been reached.

I knew it wouldn't take long for you to bottom out into your preferred mode of retort, in some twisted, reverse Peter Principle.

Way to play right into expectations.

Predictability is the most common hallmark of the intellectually inferior.

Well if our sociopaths go to football then yours are roaming the streets shooting kids and firemen.

Finally figured that out, did you?

Welcome to the realization that guns and law-abiding citizens who own them are not the problem.

Lz77.... I'm in Fairport. Sad news, indeed

bhw, holy shit. I did not see your post until now. You are minutes from me. My mother lives on Black Watch Trail. Across from the Wegmans on route 31. I bought a townhouse in Macedon. My daughters and sister all graduated from Fairport

As I am in the middle ground, I have to say most Conservatives I've met were close minded and not as open to new ideas and generally a bit dickish compared to liberals who the ones I've met were very open minded and very nice. Just an observation.

How convenient that people in your world are so easily pigeonholed into existing, pre-fab categories.

Most of the people I've met in my life are not so easily cataloged.

I've met both liberals and conservatives who were dicks.

I've met both liberals and conservatives who were open-minded.

And there were no vast majorities of either.

I've met people who are the epitome of various stereotypes, and relatively equal numbers of those who shatter said stereotypes.

Such has been the variety of my world.

You don't sound all that "middle ground", but I'll take your word for it - what choice do I have, right?

As a "middle grounder", one would rightly assume you have perspectives comprised of both sides, liberal and conservative.

It would be interesting to hear what conservative principles you embrace.

You know, being a "middle grounder" and all.

Archived