Could Page work with a female singer ?

weslgarlic

Sass Jordan? She has that raspy kind of voice that I like in a rock chick, she mighy work with Page?

Always been a fan of Sass Jordan's voice and she's capable of singing...anything. Not sure she could bring enough to the table though in terms of writing etc

Anyways, this may have already been posted on some other thread but to me, Deborah Bonham brings not just a vocal ability to this song but also the emotion that's absolutely essential. Something tells me that Deb would be a real nice fit ;)

http://youtu.be/lStIusJ_r6Q

I think Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, Jason Bonham and Deborah Bonham could make for a very interesting recording. She sings very soulfully and also has a very powerful voice. Plus, Jason could do backing vocals.

...that is a pretty interesting idea. He'd feel at home, that is for sure.

I'd like to see Page with an all-girl band.

That would be so cool. It seems to be a status symbol, i.e. Jack White and Cee-Lo Green*. The late Barry White had an all-female band (including orchestra). I give major props to Ace Frehley, who hired an all-female road crew some years ago. People told him he wouldn't be able to find enough qualified women but he proved them wrong, bless 'im.

*Ooh and Beyonce apparently has an all-woman band, the Suga Mamas - they're damn good, too!:

I repent of my previous negative opinion of Beyonce. She's a sistah now. Once I make my first billion, I'd be pleased to have her as a neighbor. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I think a project with Stevie Nicks or PJ Harvey would be cool.

I am a female singer-songwriter who has been heavily influenced by PJ Harvey - particularly the album To Bring You My Love. I have written lyrics & melodies for Jimmy Page’s “Embryos 1, 2 & 3” (or more exactly - original melodies & lyrics to 1 & 3 and an adaptation of a traditional lyric with a heavily reworked melody for “Embryo 2” (A.K.A. “Domino”)), of which you may hear my demos by clicking on the link below. (They appear there under my titles. Further information can be found by clicking the “Lyrics” button next to each song.)

I have dubbed my work over recordings of the instrumentals downloaded from Jimmy Page.com & YouTube - the instrumentals are Jimmy’s, of course, and NOT mine...

I am currently preparing to record lyrics & melodies for two more of Jimmy’s instrumentals, and also a song of mine which is currently a capella, and also possibly a small guitar piece of my own (lyrics still in progress) if I can figure out how to record it...

Here is the link:

Kathleen Mary Parker Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos

Back in 1983 at RP's Hammersmith show, Jimmy asked my pal and I who we though he should work with next. I suggested Glenn Hughes ( I wouldn't suggest him now) , she suggested Tina Turner. He loved the Tina Turner idea.

Back in 1983 at RP's Hammersmith show, Jimmy asked my pal and I who we thought he should work with next. I suggested Glenn Hughes ( I wouldn't suggest him now) , she suggested Tina Turner. He loved the Tina Turner idea.

A collaboration with Tina Turner then (or even now) would definitely pique my interest. Might I also suggest Mary Wilson of The Supremes?

Back in 1983 at RP's Hammersmith show, Jimmy asked my pal and I who we though he should work with next. I suggested Glenn Hughes ( I wouldn't suggest him now) , she suggested Tina Turner. He loved the Tina Turner idea.

I also love this idea! I really enjoy her cover of "Whole Lotta Love"; Jimmy would obviously take it to a whole other level. Would love to see the energy those two would bring together onstage.

There is Stevie Nicks, Joan Jett, Marianne Faithfull and even Jackie DeShannon.

I could see him working with all 4 of them. He has already with the last two.

I've always been curious as to what a further developed Page/DeShannon collaboration might have sounded like (beyond their initial songwriting partnership and performances on each other's records)... especially post-Zeppelin. I've always loved Jackie's voice - silky smooth, but with a subtle bluesy edge.

A collaboration with Tina Turner then (or even now) would definitely pique my interest. Might I also suggest Mary Wilson of The Supremes?

Tina Turner would pique my interest too! :D

Actually just today my two friends and I were wondering about Jimmy working with David Lindley. He's not a female, I know, but he is a interesting and different choice and Jimmy was a huge fan of Kalidescope. He's one of the main people that inspired Jimmy to use a violin bow on a guitar. :D

I think a project with Stevie Nicks or PJ Harvey would be cool.

I am a female singer-songwriter who has been heavily influenced by PJ Harvey - particularly the album To Bring You My Love. I have written lyrics & melodies for Jimmy Page’s “Embryos 1, 2 & 3” (or more exactly - original melodies & lyrics to 1 & 3 and an adaptation of a traditional lyric with a heavily reworked melody for “Embryo 2” (A.K.A. “Domino”)), of which you may hear my demos by clicking on the link below. (They appear there under my titles. Further information can be found by clicking the “Lyrics” button next to each song.)

I have dubbed my work over recordings of the instrumentals downloaded from Jimmy Page.com & YouTube - the instrumentals are Jimmy’s, of course, and NOT mine...

I am currently preparing to record lyrics & melodies for two more of Jimmy’s instrumentals, and also a song of mine which is currently a capella, and also possibly a small guitar piece of my own (lyrics still in progress) if I can figure out how to record it...

Here is the link:

My new demo of lyrics & melody for Jimmy Page's "Summer's Day" acoustic instrumental is now available.

Once again, I have dubbed my vocals over Jimmy's instrumental, here downloaded from JimmyPage.com...

ONLY THE VOCALS ARE MINE - THE GUITAR IS JIMMY'S (OF COURSE !).

Here is the link:

I don't want to be unpolite to the topic starter, but the real question is 'could he work?' and as he obviously could, then ofcourse he could work with a female! Is there some sort of a disease or age factor that prevents you from working with a female?

Or are we just suggesting who he could pick? Many I think and many more if he wouldn't want it to sound Zeppelin like!

Archived