Stones could appear on new £10 note

weslgarlic

Stones could appear on new £10 note

The Rolling Stones might not just take your money in the future – they could be on it.The Bank of England have released a shortlist of celebrities chosen by the public to appear on a new £10 note, and Mick Jagger and co are named. Also nominated are the Beatles, Winston Churchill, David Beckham, Michael Parkinson and computer pioneer Alan Turing.The Series F banknote will replace the current Series E token, which features Charles Darwin. The bank have not revealed when a decision will be made.

Some fans were incensed at high ticket prices for the band’s 50th anniversary shows during November and December. A standard seat at the O2 in London cost £406. Jagger said last month it was unavoidable because of high costs associated with delivering a small number of shows.

Meanwhile, Ronnie Wood says the Rolling Stones will keep going until health or death forces them to stop.The veteran guitarist, who got married for the third time at the weekend, tells the Telegraph: “I think of Howlin’ Wolf plugging in to his kidney machine, however old he was, 80 or something, and still playing. You just rock till you drop.”His comments come after former bandmate Mick Taylor – who guested on Midnight Rambler at several shows – said the Stones had been revitalised and added: “They feel possibly very enthusiastic about doing things in the future.” Frontman Mick Jagger signed off the last show in the run by telling fans: “Hope to see you again soon.”

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/rollingstones-could-appear-on-new-10-note/

I don't know if this is a joke or not, either way I'll leave my opinion: This would be realy stupid and an absolute non sense.

All they've stood for, since day one when they had no money to eat or to get to the next show in the early 60's... It just doesn't make sense.

Just picture your money with a tongue stuck in the middle. YUCK...

And I love the Stones, but this is just moronic.

Archived