Robert Plant crying in between songs?

I think in an off handed moment somewhere in time Ahmet might of said to Robert and the Band "when I go, play Stairway for me one time guys" and Robert spoke to his friend and told him "Ahmet we did it"

I don't know this to be the truth but its what I choose to believe.

RjK

I really, really doubt he cried. But even if he did cry he gets a man's pass for doing so.

The sexist in me says that there are two times when its OK for a man to cry.

1. Someone very close to him has passed on.

2. He has scored a major ( and I mean major) victory like a battle, a super bowl or a world cup.

In this case both conditions are true so let it all out. It's healthy.

Please allow this third exception: when he realizes 21 year old girls now call him Sir.

No, this probably makes him laugh.

what about while watching ol yeller?

No. thats just funny Bill Murray shtick.

i think it was a number of things welled up in him. memories of tours/days gone by, the magnitude of it all when it was finally taking place, how good it actually felt back with the Zep team.....

also, i just don't understand why he couldn't do both (if he were interested in doing so). just because IF there were to be a Zep tour it doesn't have to be a 2 year every city in the world thing. It could be a selected city thing and in portions with months in between so he can do his other thing too.

Many bands have their solo stuff going on....doesn't have to be quits on either one.

I would hope that the throwing down of the mic was more of a spiking the football in victory or throwing down the gauntlet, rather than a gesture of disgust or anger.

It. means a lot for the future, the true meaning of that one act.

So I'm hoping it was Townsendesque.

As for the topic of tears, Myself I cant stop crying , tears of frustration that I might never get to see Page, Plant, Jones and Bonham.

i don't get the big deal....this is 2007 i think we are past that taboo of men crying for any reason. it just seems so old fashioned for a man not be able to cry or show emotion.

i think men and women are equal on this (public displays of emotion now). after great football (& English football) and other sports you see 200+ lb men crying. you see it more and more. it's normal it's natural.

ps: the 200+lbs football is for American football only! :)

Archived