Led Zeppelin promo blimps

CLedzep

Hello all. I am an old (59) Zep lover and collector. I wanted to see if anyone had a comprehensive list of the "official" Led Zeppelin promo blimps released over the years. Now in this list I am speaking of vinyl or mylar blow-up and the cardboard blimps released. I am trying to complete a promo blimp collection and wondered if anyone had a list of some of the more rare and obscure one's. Seems most of the rarest are overseas releases. I would LOVE to exchange any and all information anyone might share with a Zep junkie.

Though I've almost certainly overlooked some, these Led Zeppelin inflatible promotional blimps come to mind:

Led Zeppelin I (USA)

Led Zeppelin III (USA)

Led Zeppelin The Definitive Collection (Atlantic Records) (1990) (USA)

Led Zeppelin Remasters (Atlantic Records) (1992) (UK)

Led Zeppelin Remasters (Atlantic Records) (1992) (Japan) (silver)

How The West Was Won / Led Zeppelin DVD (Atlantic Recording Group) (1993) (USA)

(has "Led Zeppelin" in black letters and the Atlantic logo in white letters

Page/Plant 1995 North American Tour (Miller Genuine Draft) (USA) (1995)

(Hanging mobile comprised of two cardboard pieces and a 30" inflatable blimp with "Miller Genuine Draft")

There is also:

Led Zeppelin The Definitive Collection (Atlantic Records) (1990) (USA) (cardboard blimp in black envelope with blimp sticker)

Led Zeppelin Remasters (Atlantic Records) (1992) (UK) cardboard blimp

------------------

PromoBlimp1_zps6ab5aaf7.jpg

PromoBlimp2_zpsf23f8f94.jpg

MGDPRO1_zps219ac512.jpg

Hi Steve. Man you are a true blue Zep friend. I really appericiate you sending the pictures. I was really supprised to see your picture of the German Zep II blimp. That is indeed a rare bird. now I have the ones in the pictures but am desperataly looking for a few more that are really rare. I will try to up load some pictures also mabye try a reagular email. I am gonna try to top your mother ship blimp, check out this one:)))

post-24050-0-49632200-1356721140_thumb.j

Hello again Steve. I just noticed you are from Tokyo. That is a hot bed for some of the most sought after blimps. Japan was the release point for the famous Yellow promo blimp that is in the collector books that Rick Barrett had and sold. There are a few more out there and also a mylar BBC from Japan. Do you have pictures of any of these. Here is the yellow blimp

post-24050-0-11217400-1356721774_thumb.j

hey we forgot another of the BIG Zeps. The "Stonehenge" set for Oakland! Little side story. One of my friends knew a guy that worked for one of the production companies surrounding that show. After it was over he was offered the Stonehenge set!! Now I do NOT know if it was offered as a fovor or for a sum but the guy didn't take it because he said he didn't have anywhere to store it!! Wonder when that set is now? Another "ultimate" promo blimp.

hey we forgot another of the BIG Zeps. The "Stonehenge" set for Oakland! Little side story. One of my friends knew a guy that worked for one of the production companies surrounding that show. After it was over he was offered the Stonehenge set!! Now I do NOT know if it was offered as a favor or for a sum but the guy didn't take it because he said he didn't have anywhere to store it!! Wonder when that set is now? Another "ultimate" promo blimp.

I think the Stonehenge set was property of Bill Graham Productions. Unsure whatever became of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

10pugsw.jpg

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and just wanted to bring back an old thread. I recently found this blimp in my collection, I totally forgot about it. I recently bought a new home and just don't have the room to keep a lot of my old stuff. I wanted to see if anyone on here could use it for their collection before trying other avenues.

It was folded up and put in storage with most of my other stuff for years, and was never blown up. I can take additional pictures for anyone that may be interested. I am open to shipping worldwide, as long as it goes to a fellow collector! If anyone has any questions I can be contacted here via PM or E-mail at LLk000@yahoo.com.

Thank You!

• 1 month later...

10pugsw.jpg

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and just wanted to bring back an old thread. I recently found this blimp in my collection, I totally forgot about it. I recently bought a new home and just don't have the room to keep a lot of my old stuff. I wanted to see if anyone on here could use it for their collection before trying other avenues.

It was folded up and put in storage with most of my other stuff for years, and was never blown up. I can take additional pictures for anyone that may be interested. I am open to shipping worldwide, as long as it goes to a fellow collector! If anyone has any questions I can be contacted here via PM or E-mail at LLk000@yahoo.com.

Thank You!

• 3 months later...

Hello Steve or any other Led Zeppelin blimps collectors. i have now uncovered a unknown Japanease Led Zeppelin promo blimp. I believe it to be for TSRTS but.................it's hanging card is missing. The blimp is exactly like the Yellow blimp the Rick Barrett had many years ago. It was fetured in guitar world magazine a few years back. It is the same shape, lettering and the gondola is a dead match. The blimp is black with silver "Led Zeppelin" on each side. Can ANYONE shed some light on this rare Led Zeppelin promo blimp? Steve, it is a Japan release so thought you might uncover something. Any help would be awsome.

Hello Steve. i see you are from Japan. I have just aquired a rare Japanese Led Zeppelin promo blimp. It is missing it's card so I was trying to track down which album or event it was released for. I have a very strong suspecion that it is for TSRTS as it is a dead ringer of the yellow blimp above in this thread. This blimp is black and has silver Led Zeppelin on each side. Could you shed any light on this one? Randy

• 4 weeks later...

Steve, can you get me a picture of the Japanease release (mylar) for the BBC sessions? i have talked to two that have it (they say) but no pictures. Any help would rock. Also any info on teh black blimp I mentioned above.

Archived