Led Zeppelin promo blimps

CLedzep

• 10 months later...

Fascinating stuff!

I bought a small record collection today from a guy who worked in the industry here in the States from the early 70's on. He claimed that some of the promo records he had were sent to him personally by Ahmet Ertegun... sounds pretty far-fetched, but everything else the guy said was right on the money.

Anyway, as I was getting ready to finalize the deal he goes into another room and says "I know you said you like to collect promo stuff, what do you think of this?" - and laid out the silver Led Zeppelin blimp I've shown in the photo.

He doesn't remember where, how or when he got it. In doing a little research, I thought there was a chance this is the real deal 1969 1st LP blimp. Any chance?

If someone could help me identify, I'd sure appreciate it. I don't plan to sell it, I really do love to collect memorabilia and this is one of the cooler items I've happened upon in a few years.post-28751-0-78295100-1414723909_thumb.j

^ looks like one of the originals. Do you have any other promo Zeppelin items?

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else able to confirm or deny? Anywhere I can look to reference how to differentiate between the various blimps?

I don't want to appear to be trolling for customers so I'll reply to your other question with a PM.

Mikel

www.mightyvinyl.com

Archived