KENNEDY CENTER SHOW YOUR REVIEWS WHAT DID YOU THINK?

Thought jimmy looked like he was having a good time. Thought robert looked like he needed a nap. John I dident see to much the cameras dident catch him to much but he looked like he was enjoying it. Otherwise a pretty decent show. Stairway version was awesome and plant with tears in his eyes wow.

Seeing Jason wearing that hat, then the entire choir - had a tear in my eye the entire 'Stairway'. The ridiculous amount of cuts were annoying, but the love and respect for Zeppelin was abundant! The lads looked great and seemed to be having a fantastic time, IMO. Great night all the way around!!!

:)

I don't know how they kept from crying like babies during Stairway. Just seeing that performance on TV inspires tears and they were there live and it was personal. Whomever arranged the music especially the finale, did an amazing job, great performer choices.

Loved Jimmy's reaction when the choir came out for the "and now we wind on down the road," portion of Stairway. Same "excited kid" feel he showed during the Link Wray portion of IMGL! All in all thought it was great. And amazing how the other honorees almost seemed to be Zeppelin's warm up act!

Loved Jimmy's reaction when the choir came out for the "and now we wind on down the road," portion of Stairway. Same "excited kid" feel he showed during the Link Wray portion of IMGL! All in all thought it was great. And amazing how the other honorees almost seemed to be Zeppelin's warm up act!

With all due respect, none of the honorees are anyone's "warm up act." This - at least for me - was an especially wonderful lineup of honorees and I loved the entire show. I'd not heard of Beth Hart before tonight, but she was so great during the Buddy Guy segment that I'll be checking out her stuff. I love discovering music. (and pardon me if I'm really late to the Beth Hart party...but better late than never :) )

All in all, a quite magical evening.

With all due respect, none of the honorees are anyone's "warm up act." This - at least for me - was an especially wonderful lineup of honorees and I loved the entire show. I'd not heard of Beth Hart before tonight, but she was so great during the Buddy Guy segment that I'll be checking out her stuff. I love discovering music. (and pardon me if I'm really late to the Beth Hart party...but better late than never :) )

All in all, a quite magical evening.Agree never heard of her but her voice was awesome gonna check her out to.

At the end of Stairway , when Jason holds his hand to his heart in honor of the threesome, he then hand gestures an "O" and did anyone else see 3 fingers held up? "O3" Oh my......

I emailed CBS a good slice of my wrath for the editing of the show in hopes that they(CBS) will replay it, unchopped! Please ya'll do the same.

At the end of Stairway , when Jason holds his hand to his heart in honor of the threesome, he then hand gestures an "O" and did anyone else see 3 fingers held up? "O3" Oh my......

I emailed CBS a good slice of my wrath for the editing of the show in hopes that they(CBS) will replay it, unchopped! Please ya'll do the same.

I'm pretty sure he gestured a heart and meant he hearted the three of them. I certainly hope that the uncut performance becomes available somewhere.

I'd not heard of Beth Hart before tonight, but she was so great during the Buddy Guy segment that I'll be checking out her stuff. I love discovering music. (and pardon me if I'm really late to the Beth Hart party...but better late than never :) )

All in all, a quite magical evening.

Beth has recently done some pretty good stuff with Joe Bonamassa.

You might know her, she was on "Star Search" years ago....I remember being blown away by her voice back then, she has an amazing talent!

Edited for grammar, (maybe 1 glass of wine too many) .... Lol :)

I love the fact that although the KCH do not award to people posthoumously, John Bonham was honored throughout the tribute.

He was mentioned right from the beginning by Jack Black.

And the ending symbolism with the huge choir in Bowler hats and Jason on drums gave me goosebumps on my goosebumps!

The Wilson sisters nailed it!!

What an amazing tribute!

I loved it! Especially watching the boy's faces!

Lovely!!! :)

Edited for grammar, (maybe 1 glass of wine too many) .... Lol :)

Robert needed a nap? Really? If you had or have an HDTV Robert had tears in his eyes. When oh when will you folks realize that our favorite band are very to themselves and VERY private, and VERY VERY humble. Awesome show all around with Stairway being one of the best perfomances of that song in a long time (other than Zep of course). And Jason made a "heart sign" to the other 3, but the two moments that brought tears to my eyes was when Jason surpised them by coming onstage and at the end looking up and holding the drum sticks up. Buddy Guys tribute was great as well. But...the ballerina part? AWESOME! I'm talking about the part where they showed her on film dancing across the stage on her toes flapping her arms like a bird. WOW!! Absoulute perfection!

Jeff

Holy shit, Heart was outstanding. Ever since I saw them cover Battle of Evermore, Ive fallen in love with there Zeppelin covers. Such a great tribute to the guys.

Hopefully BIGTLY and Black Dog surface over the next week or so. Was very anxious to see BIGTLY.

Oddly, I was least impressed with Foo Fighters....though Kid Rock and Lenny were great.

Have to disagree with you did you catch roberts eyes watering up he liked it.

I took that tearing thing to be in response to Jason first bowing his head and then looking up to his dad I would assume. But Robert looked almost bored during the first part of the performances. Just how he seemed to me.

I thought it was funny as hell Jack Black calling out Led Zeppelin for selling their souls to satan. Jimmy seemed to laugh, but that had to be first for a Kennedy Center Honors.

Archived